Yoshi's Land

Interesting, would be nice if it turns out to be real.

Wouldn't mind a yoshi game as long as it doesn't turn out like that one for the ds.

Seems a bit simple for a title. Just take Yoshi's Island, removed the is and you have the title of this game. But I won't judge games by titles. Because if it's anything like the original Yoshi's Island, it should be a nice game.

Of course it could be just a temporary name until Nintendo announces the real one.

Northern Verve said:
Seems a bit simple for a title. Just take Yoshi's Island, removed the is and you have the title of this game. But I won't judge games by titles. Because if it's anything like the original Yoshi's Island, it should be a nice game.

Of course it could be just a temporary name until Nintendo announces the real one.

Yeah it's probably just filler, and its not like mario games have astounding titles or anything.

Don't really care about the name, but I'm hoping the game is an original title, not a sequel to the Yoshi Island games, though the name isn't helping that hope.

A new Yoshi game? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE I DISCOVERED SMA3 AND FOUND OUT WHAT THE NEWEST GAME WAS!! YEEEEEEEESSSS!

I'm not really a Yoshi fan because it's not as necessary as DK, Wario games. But if they really have plans, hope Baby Daisy recieve her debut.

Dorayaki said:
I'm not really a Yoshi fan because it's not as necessary as DK, Wario games. But if they really have plans, hope Baby Daisy recieve her debut.

how is yoshi "less necessary" than dk / wario

Legault said:
Dorayaki said:

Maybe he means because Yoshi is in the Mario games.

Crackin355 said:
Legault said:
Dorayaki said:
Are you saying characters instead of series?

I simply mean that Yoshi series still take place in Mushroom Kingdom with the "same" characters, though lots of details are different.

Dorayaki said:

Baby Daisy was the third worst idea Nintendo ever had.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
Legault said:
Dorayaki said:
Are you saying characters instead of series?

I simply mean that Yoshi series still take place in Mushroom Kingdom with the "same" characters, though lots of details are different.

What I mean is that Yoshi is in the Mario games (New super Mario bros wii, super Mario galaxy 2, new super Mario bros u, paper Mario) while DK and Wario normally aren't.

This is excluding spin-offs obviously.

But I don't think DK and Wario are 'more necessary' than Yoshi.

Crackin355 said:
What I mean is that Yoshi is in the Mario games (New super Mario bros wii, super Mario galaxy 2, new super Mario bros u, paper Mario) while DK and Wario normally aren't.

The last sentence confuses me a bit. In characters "Yoshi" is important to Mario and Mario series. In series, not important IMO.

Put That Thing Back Where it Came From or So Help Me said:
Indeed, as being spinoff-originated, just like her alterego.

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:

The last sentence confuses me a bit. In characters "Yoshi" is important to Mario and Mario series. In series, not important IMO.

Put That Thing Back Where it Came From or So Help Me said:
Indeed, as being spinoff-originated, just like her alterego.

Did you mean that you don't think he's an important character for the series? Because I hardly ever understand what you mean, it's like a guessing game.

Crackin355 said:
Did you mean that you don't think he's an important character for the series? Because I hardly ever understand what you mean, it's like a guessing game.
He is an important character, IMO .

But this thread should be talkng about" Yoshi series".

You're the one that brought up the Wario and DK series but whatever.

I never liked the Yoshi games all that much, so hopefully this ones good.

Yoshidude99 said:
Sounds good. I would like a Yoshi game in the style of Super Mario 64 though and no Babies.

this would be nice.

I'm hoping for a great visual style as well, kinda like what we saw in yoshi's island. Would be interesting to see how one would do a style that in 3d though.

Yoshidude99 said:
Yoshi's Story looked pretty good.

Not exactly what I mean though, yeah it did, but im talking from the perspective of 3d gameplay like sm64, sms, etc.

Although if anything i'd want from a yoshi game or any mario game in general, or hell even any game, is another cel-shaded style.

Wind waker and Tales of Vesperia both used this style and it was incredible, I'd love to see more games use that style.

Back