Wii Mini

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/27/nintendo-makes-wii-mini-official-exclusive-to-canada/

After Best Buy leaked a Wii Mini promo this morning, Nintendo went ahead and announced it officially.

Exclusive to Canada, 100 bucks, no online connectivity.

Discuss.

I might get it... When it's old enough to be considered "retro".

Wow that sounded meaner than I intended.

HEY I JUST REALIZED

If you put this thing on top of your Gamecube, then bam! You'd have a Game Boy Player compatible Wii! Hooray!

Wii's redesigns keep going downwards, why?
It looks like a nice little gadget, but Wii and no Online?
Did Nintendo even think what they're doing?

No online? Why? Why would you do that?

I do kinda like the design though, reminds me of Gamecube.

Time Turner said:
How many Wii games actually have and use online?
I use it all the time in Mario Kart Wii, sometimes I used in Smash Bros. Brawl and when the game worked I used it in Excitebots.

The point of this is that almost no Wii games are online compatible and that it's more convenient to take it while traveling, I guess? I doubt anyone cares about online games when they're traveling anyways.

plus, it's not like they have internet in canada anyway

I really don't see what the point of releasing this is.

yes this console will make an apt gamecube stand

I haven't seen any word about it but I wonder if it does retain GameCube backwards compatibility

Gamefreak75 said:
The point of this is that almost no Wii games are online compatible and that it's more convenient to take it while traveling, I guess? I doubt anyone cares about online games when they're traveling anyways.

More convenient to travel than the already fairly small and portable wii? Is it really that difficult just to pack up a normal wii in a backpack? Hell, I regularly transport my whole xbox, which is much larger than the wii.

Wii Mini; waste of plastic. Also, why was it going to be released in Canada first? That's kinda going against the curve where usually America or Japan get all the latest stuff first.

Back