• Super Mario Bros 3

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
neurgh i hate this question

uhh...mayonaise

SuperNick3DLand said:
If you had the ability to replay levels in Super Mario Bros 3, it would have been perfect.

I don't really see how that'd make a difference at all.

See as to how there is very little to do in the levels besides go through it, get a power up, or get some coins.

While SMW had some secrets of yoshi coins and hidden exits.

SMB3 was boring, I had no fun with it, it sucked, it had no interest, I didn't like it, SMW is better.

Hard choice, much? Super Mario World is overrated as hell, so I say SMB3.

SuperNick3DLand said:
What I find stupid is IGN giving the original Super Mario World an 8.5/10, and NSMBU 9.1/10, no fellas. SMW is like a 9.7/9.8 game IMO
The problem is that they reviewed Super Mario World well after it came out, so of course it got a low score then.

SMW I felt sort of went overboard in the changes/upgrades (sounds, new characters, etc). It was fun to play, but then looking back, it was TOO different and complex (almost to the point of a "shark jump"), and to me, the original SMB became the standard the franchise would be judged by. It was the one I kept going back to years later (and then, SMB2J, when it became available).
The developers apparently saw this, when they rebooted the 2D platformer series with NSMB, which restored many key original features (Though holding on to a lot of characters and other features added along the way, and now, they've re-added more SMW features in NSMBWU).

SMB3 added some of the complexity of the later series, but still had a similar "engine" as the original. That one I found "replayable" years later, where SMW is just too much to even begin to get back into.

Oh *bleep* SMW!!!

Santa Mage said:
Oh *bleep* SMW!!!

You self-censored yourself?

I picked SMB3 since it was the first Mario game I ever played/owned.

Back