Your Hoenn Remake Wants

Pyro

Power Star
B2W2's been out for months. You know these remakes are coming.

So, what's on your wishlist for the Hoenn remakes? They said they wanted something special for Hoenn...

*Expanded Hoenn dex to include new (pre) evolutions of already existing Pokémon.
*The ability to visit an expanded Mirage Tower after you beat the Elite Four.
*Animated sprites for everybody. This is really likely.
*Hopefully you'll still be able to battle Tate & Liza at the same time, because you fought them separately in the World Tournament.
*Aftergame opens up new areas with Sinnoh & Unova Pokémon and the ability to catch legendaries of those generations that aren't catchable already, i.e. Creation Trio and Shaymin.
*The ability to obtain the AuroraTicket, MysticTicket, and the Old Sea Map without events, so we can get to Birth Island, Navel Rock, and Faraway Island without cheating or events.
*The ability to ride your bike in Navel Rock, to add on to the above.
*FUCKING SAFARI ZONE.
*FUCKING CONTESTS.
*In addition to the 5th bullet, alter the Altering Cave (hah) so that the Pokémon change with simpler means, such as every day they change. And put a legendary in there.
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
I'm not sure they'd be making a Hoenn remake at all.

One of the reasons I think Kanto and Johto were ported were because the Game Boy and Game Boy Color were incompatible with newer technology, and it was impossible to trade Pokemon from the older generations to newer games on the GBA and DS.

Ruby and Sapphire, though, are perfectly compatible for trading with the newer games. You can take a Wurple that you caught playing Ruby on a GBA all the way to a White 2 cartridge on a 3DS if you wanted to (granted, you'd need to go through sinnoh and B1/W1, but it's still pretty easy).
 

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
If we are to get them, they'll be with Gen 6. They wouldn't do cross generation platforms for two games in the same gen. They would be on 3DS with the gen 6 games.
 

Pyro

Power Star
I never said that it would be in Gen 5. And this thread isn't "lecture pyro", it's "what do you want in the hoenn remakes".
 

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Steven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wallace
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Needs more challenge and less surfing.

Also more option content and generally more to do, better ai/strategies from trainers,etc.

And so better built gyms, most of them were pretty dang lame and a bit too easy to figure out.

Of course also take all the system features from b/w2 and put them and maybe with some luck change some abilities for pokemon with absolute intolerable abilities such as Slaking and Archeops.
 

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Zae said:
Needs more challenge and less surfing.

Also more option content and generally more to do, better ai/stragies from trainers,etc.

And so better built gyms, most of them were pretty dang lame and a bit too easy to figure out.

It was 2003 or 2004, give em a break.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Dr. Turnip said:
Zae said:
Needs more challenge and less surfing.

Also more option content and generally more to do, better ai/stragies from trainers,etc.

And so better built gyms, most of them were pretty dang lame and a bit too easy to figure out.

It was 2003 or 2004, give em a break.
I've seen 2000 rpgs more challening and have more content.

Example romance saga 3, as well as final fantasy 5.

Age should not be a problem with content, stop making excuses.

Also this is for the freaking remake, use your head.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
This more so a want for all future Pokemon games rather than just Generatino III remakes, but... GET RID OF VOLTORB FLIP!!! :mad: and more importantly, bring back the ability to buy game coins.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Please introduce 8 directions
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Baby Luigi said:
Please introduce 8 directions
I'm pretty sure that is already in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
I know that.

The mainstream Pokemon games, however, did not
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Not important, but should still be in nevertheless. 4 directions is really outdated.
 

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Baby Luigi said:
Not important, but should still be in nevertheless. 4 directions is really outdated.
So is a turn based battle system.

Considering almost all rpg type games now have active battle systems. Gamefreak is probably trying to keep something from the past.
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:
Not important, but should still be in nevertheless. 4 directions is really outdated.
So is a turn based battle system.

Considering almost all rpg type games now have active battle systems. Gamefreak is probably trying to keep something from the past.
Having an active battle system with Pokemon would be a cool idea
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
They have that it Poképark and Pokémon Rumble
Which is why spin-offs of Pokemon are much more interesting than the main games
 

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
They have that it Poképark and Pokémon Rumble
Which is why spin-offs of Pokemon are much more interesting than the main games
Not seein' it.
yer not looking hard enough

Opinions, opinions
 

Pyro

Power Star
Baby Luigi said:
Which is why spin-offs of Pokemon are much more interesting than the main games
Depends. Mystery Dungeon I so want to play but I got stuck on Mt. Bristle because of the fucking Starlies.

That's the plural, right?
 
Top