Conker's Big Change - Good Choice or Bad Choice?

Was Conker's dramatic change a good choice or a bad choice by Rare?

• Good choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad choice.

• No opinion.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
As you all know, Conker changed dramatically between his early appearances and his later appearances. Before he was a kid-friendly cute, adorable, innocent squirrel. Later, he was mature-oreinted drinking, violent, lustful rodent of a character. So.....did Rare make a good choice in dramatically switching Conker's image?

For some reason, I have too say yes, most people haven't even heard of Conker's Pocket Tales and now, who hasn't heard of Conker's Bad Fur Day/Conker: Live & Reloaded. They're infamy is astonishing and yet Nintendo has basicly denied all knowledge of Conker, try typing Conker's Pocket Tales or Conker's Bad Fur Day in at Nintendo.com, it doesn't work at all.

Although Conker's Bad Fur Day was crude, it had heart and powerful emotion. Conker may be a bad influence, but he loved Berri dearly, and the loss of her drove him to depression. Although he becomes King, it means nothing to him without Berri. You would never see this in a Mario game. Everyone is one-dimensional. Conker goes through highs and lows, and his psyche is reallly explored. All in all, it was a good change, as we got to exprience a character as an actual being, as opposed to a cute, simplistic furry sprite.

OH NO! What will Microsoft do to Banjo!

Horrible!

ummm NINTENDO did that to conker. Microsoft actually toned him down a bit, I heard.

Technically it was Rare that turned Conker from cutesy to drunkard. And Microsoft did tone him down, Conker: Live & Reloaded is alot more censored than Conker's Bad Fur Day.

And did anybody try typing Conker's Pocket Tales or Conker's Bad Fur Day in at Nintendo.com, doesn't. I find that hilarious for some reason.

Drunk characters actually first appeared in Banjo-Tooie. Remember Captain Blackeye? He was so drunk he kept mumbling about a bear who stole his glory and would sometimes fall right out of his chair!

Banjo-Tooie, I think, also introduced the first homosexual character to the (Extended) Marioverse, Jolly Roger the Bartender.

He was homosexual? I thought he had a girlfriend you had to rescue.

His mannerisms obviously implied it, or so I heard; or he's still the closet or something, I dunno.

Well, he is very flamboyent....I just don't think he's all out homosexual. Hopefully a homosexual character will pop up in the Marioverse one of these days.

Yeah, we need more diversity in the Marioverse, as opposed to all the heterosexual gossip and jokes in the Paper Mario series.

I don't think it'll happen though, from whats been seen with Conker: Live & Reloaded, Microsoft is keeping Rare on somewhat of a tight-leash. And I don't think Nintendo would allow something like that to appear, or be referenced too, in the Mario/Wario/Yoshi/Donkey Kong series.

... Anyway, from the little I've actually seen of Conker's Bad Fur Day/Conker: Live & Reloaded, it looks awesome.

Well, see the thing with having a homosexual character is that you immeadiately loose part of the standard American household demographic. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who really, really hate gay people. It's kinda sad, considering that if people have a problem with them, they should HELP instead of diss, but that's just me.

Yeah, Jolly was definately gay, and I believe there's been a Mario character who might have been gay... but I don't know.

All I know for sure is that there was a sex reference(s) in Paper Mario 2.

Nah... just transexual.

Back