Re: Stars fan art

spinosaurus
spinosaurus_spec_icon_by_michell_vall-d7m8lfm.png

Labrador duck
labrador_duck_icon_by_michell_vall-d7md6ke.png

Futami Ami & Mami
futami_ami_mami_icon_by_michell_vall-d7mbcy3.png

futami_ami_mami_glow_icon_by_michell_vall-d7md6go.png

and since I've been enjoying them so much (and some pretty hilarious screen caps) some themes for the Futami twins
ami_mami_avatar_by_michell_vall-d7mbhat.jpg

ami_mami_dinosaurs_avatar_by_michell_vall-d7mbhb6.jpg

ami_mami_sig_by_michell_vall-d7mbesd.jpg

ami_mami_sig_2_by_michell_vall-d7mbf8g.png

longisquama
I wanted to maintain a more plausible animal, while also trying to capture a bit of that over the top elegance of Peters depiction
longisquama_icon_by_michell_vall-d7n3z9p.png

I think its ok, not exactly what I had been going for but I like it

been awhile since I had anything to show for this
I've been working on my light novel this morning, I've been writing for months but I've finally starting testing out some art styles

this isn't the final look of the style, just seeing how well you guys like the colours WIP
tyrannosaurus_colour_test_by_michell_vall-d7oma7i.png

tyrannosaurus_skeletal_reference_by_michell_vall-d7omasv.png

this is to show my tyrannosaurus with a skeletal overlay, for demonstration of current anatomical accuracy
Skeletal reference by Scott Hartman

I drew Luka, well started to, I'll probably finish her tonight or tomorrow
luka_wip_by_michell_vall-d7r7tmi.png

Phoenix
nothing special, I went the generic "bird made of fire" version
(you could say its Nisemonogatari "inspired" but not really)
phoenix_icon_by_michell_vall-d7sup3d.png
and a glow, just to show its possible to glow multiple pieces
phoenix_icon_glow_by_michell_vall-d7sup4e.png

lol
thanks

I'm going to have stages for the initial concept demo, skeletal reconstruction, flesh reconstruction, and then life (feathered) reconstruction. I'll probably also include a scale, and possibly some variations of the life reconstruction(s). I'm making them in a scale vector format, so I can resize and adjust as desired without worrying about distortions. Because I'm rescaling them frequently I need to retrace the skeletal diagram into a vector file.

heres a WIP screenshot before I hit the bed, I would have just got the raptors but its getting late and I didn't feel up to cropping it, sorry
-fleshed ('plucked') version, I'll use it as a base for feathered version(s)
-skeletal is WIP (will not be neon green when finished)
-full credit for skeletal reference by Scot Hartman
-please ignore the vocaloid, I didn't make her shes my desktop background (there are two screens for the one PC, which is why it looks odd)

velociraptor_teaser_by_michell_vall-d7zsjln.png

Man it's been a long time since I touched this thread, coincidentally this was created as a base armature for the same VN that old Tyrannosaurus concept art is for (although the latter has been long scrapped) that I decided was decent enough to be it's own thing.

allosaurus_maximus_skeletal_colour_coded_by_michell_vall-d9susjo.png

This one took me a lot longer than I'd expected it would, surprising lack of reference photos with the angles I needed, a lot of composite work here too unfortunately. Even the skull itself is actually a composite of A. maximus and A. sp (AKA "Big Al" or MOR 693). Special credit where it's due here, portions of the pose are based on and the toes specifically reference Scott Hartman's skeletal of MOR 693.

And yes, I lump Saurophaganax under Allosaurus. As I see it Saurophaganax is honestly not different enough to validate it's own genus and the only thing keeping it from returning to Allosaurus is the high amount of layman usage (because for some reason in paleontology we have to make allowances for the laymans who do not realize what a genus is...).

remilia_scarlet_by_michell_vall-d9v9vfy.png

remi_by_michell_vall-d9v9vg9.png

Some days I'm just so bored that I feel like trying to finally beat every Touhou game. Some days I make stupid goals.

blue_crab_by_michell_vall-d9x3few.jpg

Chesapeake Blue Crab
Callinectes sapidus

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fgr.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fk3.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fjm.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fj8.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fir.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fi6.jpg

corvus_skull_by_michell_vall-d9x3fhd.jpg

Corvus skull made from stacked cardboard. I may use this as a base and add paper mache to make it smooth (and solid)

microraptor_gui_skeletal_by_michell_vall-da4ikkf.png

I made a Microraptor skeletal, there must totally be a shortage of those.

This is for an upcoming project, keep your eyes peeled in the coming months (especially if you own a 3D printer). If you're curious about the pose it's in the initial downstroke during a takeoff.

Back