Has anyone ever felt this before?

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
When I'm sleeping, sometimes I feel like I'm falling. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
 

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Miracle Matter said:
When I'm sleeping, sometimes I feel like I'm falling. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Not that exactly, but sometimes I feel like my bed is spinning.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
This happens with everyone. This situation is known as a hypnic jerk. The popular theory goes that your brain misinterprets the muscle relaxation of going to sleep as a falling sensation. To save you from this, your brain jolts you awake with this reflex.
 

Pandapowah

King Bowser
After spending a great portion of the day swimming, I would sometimes feel like I'm in water when I'm lying in bed.
 

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Yes. :yoshi:
 

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Baby Luigi said:
This happens with everyone. This situation is known as a hypnic jerk. The popular theory goes that your brain misinterprets the muscle relaxation of going to sleep as a falling sensation. To save you from this, your brain jolts you awake with this reflex.
._.

Pandapowah said:
After spending a great portion of the day swimming, I would sometimes feel like I'm in water when I'm lying in bed.
I haven't swimmed into a pool for months :(
 

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
True story: Once I had a dream that I was falling...

And I woke up right before I hit the ground in the dream...to myself, mid air, falling from the top bunk of my bunkbed...


Fortunately there was nothing on the floor at the time.

True story.
 

Big Smoke

Remember the name
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
There was this one time when I was like, half-asleep, when I got the sudden sensation of having been smacked square in the gut with something like a wooden beam, or a shovel, or whatever other blunt object (without the pain that would normally go along with something like that). No, there was no one else in the room, and nothing actually fell on me.

Anyway, happened only once, and creeped me out quite a bit.
 

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Charmander said:
There was this one time when I was like, half-asleep, when I got the sudden sensation of having been smacked square in the gut with something like a wooden beam, or a shovel, or whatever other blunt object (without the pain that would normally go along with something like that). No, there was no one else in the room, and nothing actually fell on me.

Anyway, happened only once, and creeped me out quite a bit.
._.

I wouldn't like to have that sensation.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
Sometimes I dream I'm running and I trip, so I wake up right before I smash my face into the concrete. Other times I dream I'm falling into my bed from high above, and I wake up when I land into my bed.
 

Big Smoke

Remember the name
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Mason Voorhees said:
Sometimes I dream I'm running and I trip, so I wake up right before I smash my face into the concrete.
That happens to me all the time! Sometimes I don't even run, I just casually walk and then trip and the shock makes me wake up.
 

Brock

Credit to Mudkip
Chat Operator
Charmander said:
Mason Voorhees said:
Sometimes I dream I'm running and I trip, so I wake up right before I smash my face into the concrete.
That happens to me all the time! Sometimes I don't even run, I just casually walk and then trip and the shock makes me wake up.
Thats funny, because I'm always tripping and running into things in real life, but in my dreams, I hardly ever have that problem. I'm very coordinated in my dreams, but in real life I'm a clutz. I've actually fallen UP stairs before.
 

Pyro

Power Star
Yeah, it's a...strange one.

I've also felt like I'm on a rollercoaster, ferris wheel, or in the water. And the best things are muscle spasms. Fun.
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
Once I dreamt I was falling off a cliff. And I woke up on the floor, flailing my arms and legs, which I was doing in my dream.
 

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Once I dreamt I was falling off a cliff. And I woke up on the floor, flailing my arms and legs, which I was doing in my dream.
 

The Mandalorian

Mushroom Attendant
Miracle Matter said:
When I'm sleeping, sometimes I feel like I'm falling. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Sort of, I'm just dropping off to sleep, then I feel the falling feeling, and then for some reason I land in bed, despite not having moved. It's a strange feeling.
 
Top