Poll: Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

• No, we need a system overhaul.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No, we need to modify the system.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Yes, but it needs improvement.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes, it's perfectly fine.

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
So this was 22's idea but it's really the best way to solve the debate.

The question is, are you happy with the mafia system (rules, administration, guild, etc.) or would you like changes? I for one believe a board moderator system would work better. Turb and Uniju would like the schedule system removed. Nabber would like to leave everything as it is.

But those are just the voices of a few users. It's up to you all, the community, to decide how you would like things to be run. So voice your opinions here!

(also if this belongs in mafia or something, please move. i figured it should go here though since it's a mafia game or something)

i honestly don't see any reason to overhaul it at all.

my opinion is solely based off the fact that nabber's arguments are so horribly bad that i want to vote opposite him

Monobear said:
my opinion is solely based off the fact that nabber's arguments are so horribly bad that i want to vote opposite him
this is a really stupid position and what exactly do you find wrong with them?

the premises fail to lead to the conclusions you draw in such an obvious way i question the sanity of anyone who considers them remotely valid

Proposition: If your premises fail to lead to your conclusion, your argument is not valid.

1. The premises of your argument fail to lead to your conclusion.

Therefore: Your argument is not valid.

Modus Ponens, I believe?

i think its fine besides the fact that people wont sign up for volcano mafia

[/advertisement]

i honestly don't think an overhaul is necessary.

Braeburn said:
Can't there be a neutral option?
You can not vote, which is the same thing really.
Monobear said:
words cannot express my agreement with this statement
Nabber said:
this is a really stupid position and what exactly do you find wrong with them?
I've been pointing out logical fallacies in your arguments for some time now. I highly doubt continuing to do so will make you actually realize what's wrong.

Nabber, there comes a time when you have to re-examine your views on something and check to see if you're actually right or not. It's happened to me before. As far as I can tell, you're completely convinced that you're right. The only person now who can convince you otherwise is yourself.

I just don't see a reason why we need to remove the schedule. Things work completely fine now.

No they don't. If they did, I would be playing Turb's Mafia right now.

Nabber said:
I just don't see a reason why we need to remove the schedule. Things work completely fine now.
Apparently you didn't notice the people who wanted it changed pretty badly...?
Oh silly me, I forgot that they're inexperienced, they don't know anything about how mafia should work >_<

Yeah and you just completely dodged Jav's point.

His point was that I should recheck my argument? I don't see any need to. I know what I said. The schedule should not be removed. The person arguing for this change is Uniju. Uniju is complaining that without the schedule, he'd be playing Turb's mafia now. He would not. He'd be playing it sometime in May or June, had she put it on the schedule. Instead she left it to die out. That's not the schedule's fault, that's lack of dedication by the host. Meanwhile, the people who actually play mafia are saying that everything is just fine.

Nabber said:
Meanwhile, the people who actually play mafia are saying that everything is just fine.
16 people in the poll (atm) would like to challenge you on that point.

It's 16 to 6 in favor of at least minor improvements to the system.

I'm fine with making improvements. But have you noticed that its 13 to 9 on whether the guild is fine or not, and no one besides you (and Yoshiwaker? Don't know his position on this) have said so in the thread itself. Which means we don't even know what they want.

Nabber said:
I'm fine with making improvements. But have you noticed that its 13 to 9 on whether the guild is fine or not, and no one besides you (and Yoshiwaker? Don't know his position on this) have said so in the thread itself. Which means we don't even know what they want.
I'm not questioning that the majority would like the system to remain as it is. I'm not going to force changes that I believe would be beneficial.

Then we're settled then.

However, it would be best if everyone who's played any mafia would get to have a say in changes. Regardless of whether you believe they're entitled to voice their opinion or not.

Dr. Javelin said:
Then we're settled then.

However, it would be best if everyone who's played any mafia would get to have a say in changes. Regardless of whether you believe they're entitled to voice their opinion or not.
Well, the people who are playing mafia are saying that they don't see a problem, so that doesn't really help your point.

I'm dissatisfied with the drama revolving around it. I tried to play a mafia game once and got instantly confused, but now, even if I figure out the game, I don't have much a desire to play.

I can't imagine a time I ever held a grudge on my sister because she defeated me in Super Smash Brothers that cheater so I really don't understand how this mafia stuff could always be at such an extreme level, to the point where users are bitching at each other outside the game.

Back