Poll: Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

Are you satsfied with the way the mafia community is run?

• No, we need a system overhaul.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No, we need to modify the system.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Yes, but it needs improvement.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes, it's perfectly fine.

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
i dont actually play mafia on a regular basis any more (the schedule is still shit tbh and id like to have it removed), so my main concern is getting joke games unbanned

how does playing these in the mafia board distract from regular games especially when most (read: like the 3 we got to play before their sudden ban) of them are just supposed to be 1-hour games between close friends

i have no problems with the short games, and i don't feel they're doing any harm at all

Nabber said:
Which means we don't even know what they want.

i think this can be resolved

what you should do is have a period of time in which people can submit nominations for changes they would like to see. then, when the time is up, hold a vote to allow people to pick their favorite proposals. the poll should of course allow each user as many votes as there are options, since obviously someone might agree with multiple proposals

of course, this won't really tell you what you should do, but it will give us a good feel for which possible changes are popular with the community

Makoto Naegi said:
Nabber said:
Which means we don't even know what they want.

i think this can be resolved

what you should do is have a period of time in which people can submit nominations for changes they would like to see. then, when the time is up, hold a vote to allow people to pick their favorite proposals. the poll should of course allow each user as many votes as there are options, since obviously someone might agree with multiple proposals

of course, this won't really tell you what you should do, but it will give us a good feel for which possible changes are popular with the community

That sounds like a good idea.

Oh also the banning of joke games seem stupid. Even if people are playing them to satire/mock/whatever, they're still playing them =/ let them have fun.

Mason said:
Oh also the banning of joke games seem stupid. Even if people are playing them to satire/mock/whatever, they're still playing them =/ let them have fun.

I agree. I haven't been bothered by them at all. Although that may be because I'm asleep when they happen.

On "joke" games, I rather agree with MG1 about how they can simply go in forum games. But I find the fact that "you can get banned from hosting" if you create a "joke" mafia game to be a ridiculous punishment.

So ridiculous that I'm sorely tempted to make a "joke" game to thumb my nose at such a ridiculous rule. I won't though. Yet.

Nabber said:
His point was that I should recheck my argument? I don't see any need to. I know what I said. The schedule should not be removed. The person arguing for this change is Uniju. Uniju is complaining that without the schedule, he'd be playing Turb's mafia now. He would not. He'd be playing it sometime in May or June, had she put it on the schedule. Instead she left it to die out. That's not the schedule's fault, that's lack of dedication by the host. Meanwhile, the people who actually play mafia are saying that everything is just fine.
No, Turb told me she would host mafia...

Mason said:
I don't think they're banned they just have to put them in Mindless Junk.

Mondo Oowada said:
i dont actually play mafia on a regular basis any more (the schedule is still shit tbh and id like to have it removed), so my main concern is getting joke games unbanned

how does playing these in the mafia board distract from regular games especially when most (read: like the 3 we got to play before their sudden ban) of them are just supposed to be 1-hour games between close friends
As I've said I put a proposal to try and separate the live games from the schedule.
I think that they should either be done in Forum Games or the chat board, though. But no reason to remove the schedule.

As for suggestions, we do have a General Discussion thread...

@Uniju: Turb's cancelled mafia.

1) Before declaring that the current system sucks, I suggest people try to come up with a better one that benefits all users.
2) Short games are not banned, but they are not to be hosted in the mafia board, as that board is only for games on the schedule, which they are not. They can be played in mindless junk or forum games.
3) I don't recall ever threatening that hosting a short game would get you banned from hosting...it might get you a warning, but I doubt that would happen.

Marioguy1 said:
1) Before declaring that the current system sucks, I suggest people try to come up with a better one that benefits all users.
2) Short games are not banned, but they are not to be hosted in the mafia board, as that board is only for games on the schedule, which they are not. They can be played in mindless junk or forum games.
3) I don't recall ever threatening that hosting a short game would get you banned from hosting...it might get you a warning, but I doubt that would happen.
1. I've proposed a board moderator system would work better than the guild-run system.
2. Yeah, I don't have a problem with that.
Nabber said:
This is an announcement to all current mafia hosts, or future mafia hosts, due to a recent influx of joke mafia games. "Joke" mafia games will not be tolerated. If you host such a game, you will be prohibited from hosting mafia games in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.
So if the guild wasn't behind this, then the only other explanation is that Nabber just invented the punishment himself.

but you have to admit, that would have been the best mafia

thats because i never actually made the game thread due to the restrictive schedule

i dont think you know what youre talking about

I do. You decided not to make the game because there was a schedule in place, even though it would have been played long ago had you put it on the schedule.

So let's logically analyze Nabber's position here:
(i'm sorry if i'm putting words into your mouth this is the only way i could get it to be logically valid so i could refute your premises. if what i've said is a poor statement of your position then go back and rethink your argument again)

Nabber's Position

Proposition: IF Turb should have asked to put her game on the schedule, IF Uniju had wanted to sign up for one of Turb's mafia games, THEN he would have signed up for Turb's completely themeless mafia back in February.

Proposition: IF Turb had asked to have her game on the schedule AND Uniju had signed up for Turb's mafia, THEN Uniju would have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.

Proposition: IF this mafia was the mafia Uniju was referring to, THEN Turb should have asked to have her put game on the schedule.

Assumption: This is the mafia Uniju was referring to.

Therefore: Turb should have asked to have her game put on the schedule

Therefore: IF Uniju had wanted to sign up for one of Turb's mafia game, THEN he would have signed up for Turb's completely themeless mafia back in February.

Therefore: Uniju would have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.

A Logical Refutation of Nabber's Position

Proposition: IF this is not the mafia Uniju was talking about, THEN Uniju would not have been able to sign up for and play Turb's mafia.

Proposition: IF this is not the game Uniju was talking about, THEN the only reason Uniju has not played in Turb's mafia is due to the restrictive schedule.

Fact: This is not the game Uniju was talking about.

Evidence:
Uniju said:
Nabber said:
That's not what I was talking about

Therefore: Turb should not have asked to have her game put on the schedule.

Therefore: The only reason Uniju has not played in Turb's mafia is due to the restrictive schedule.

Therefore: The rest of Nabber's argument is of indeterminable truth value, while the only reason Uniju has been robbed of the fun of playing in Turb's mafia is the restrictive schedule.

Quod Erat Demonstrum

So if I interpret this correctly, because Uniju did not want to play in this specific mafia of Turb's, Turb should have abandoned it completely?

No, one of the facts I used in my post was that Turb's old mafia is entirely irrelevant to every point made in this thread.

Well, Uniju is saying that Turb didn't make a mafia that he wanted to sign up for because of the schedule. I think. The schedule isn't a problem. Good things come to those who wait.

Back