Countdown to Wii U launch with memory of Nintendo Consoles

ToxBox

Power Star
Wii U release date is Nov 18 and I decided to make this thread to count down with memory of Nintendo Consoles. Also you can post your favorite moment of console and/or games with it.

Sept 16-28, NES 1985
Sept 29-Oct 8, SNES 1991
Oct 9-23, N64 1996
Oct 24-Nov 7, GameCube 2001
Nov 8- Nov 17, Wii 2007

Also to make this thread little bit of fun, when someone is first to post this thread tomorrow, that person say how many days remaining for Wii U's release date. Also if someone live in other area than America, they may PM me which date to celebrate Japanese/PAL and other region game systems with dates and how many days to release.

62 days left until launch

My first NES game on Virtual Console is Super Mario Bros 3, I spent playing this game without any warp whistles with my friend and it is really hard and we besten it in a month. Then I got my real NES console 6 months ago and it comes with 1 game, Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt with zapper gun. Sadly that Zapper gun doesn't work on HD TV or my Mac screen but Super Mario Bros is still fun. Then my family bought me Top Gun and Flight Intruder. I landed on aircraft carrier in Top Gun that said it is impossible but I did it in 2nd try. Then I got Kirby Adventure and I'm on World 4 and this game is worth $25. I think NES is 1980s greatest game console ever.

I've had an NES for a couple years now. Man some of those games are fun.
And now I have the top-loading one.

Oh great. I'm gonna be posting in this all the time just waiting for the wii u.....

Anyway, gamecube is the best nintendo console. I'd probably say NES and SNES, but I never got to lay these much personally since I don't own one, unless VC counts. The 64 is awesome too, but I don't own one either, but have played a lot of the mario games for it. Gamecube is just so cool. It has like all my favorite games on it along with the PS1, the 64, and the Wii. Wii is good too, I just like the Gamecube more.

The Wii U will top all. It just looks so awesome.....

My favourite nintendo moment has to be playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. It felt so magical on the first playthrough.

Super Mario Galaxy, probably. I still love that game.

My most memorable moment was bumping into the first Goomba about 10 times in New Super Mario Bros.

I remember. I was at the YMCA. They had a room called "The Zone" where you could play video games. I walked in and saw the gamecubes. I picked up a controller and played my first video game ever, Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Sauron said:
I remember. I was at the YMCA. They had a room called "The Zone" where you could play video games. I walked in and saw the gamecubes. I picked up a controller and played my first video game ever, Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Oh my god, that was one of my best memories. My friend and I used to play that every week on Friday back in kindergarten. So many good memories.

My first ever game was Mario Kat DS on my brand new DS Lite back on my 7th birthday. *sniff* Good times.

My first game was Super Mario Bros, after I got Super Mario Bros 3 which I loved so much.
Since that I bought almost all Mario games.

We shouldn't forget about the handhelds! Nintendo practically dominates handhelds.

Game & Watch, Game Boy, Virt-er, um... Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, 3DS, don't tell you don't have at least one of these systems!

Going with what NSM's doin', but for best first- or second-party game on each system:

NES: Kirby's Adventure.
SNES: F-Zero.
N64: I've really only played one or two games on this, so I can't really give a fair "favorite".
Gamecube: Pikmin 2.
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy.

Stop right now, did you see the first post, today is NES week, we talk about NES only

Ventus said:
Stop right now, did you see the first post, today is NES week, we talk about NES only
I got that, but I still think that
Magikrazy said:
We shouldn't forget about the handhelds! Nintendo practically dominates handhelds.

Game & Watch, Game Boy, Virt-er, um... Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, 3DS, don't tell you don't have at least one of these systems!
Perhaps you can incorporate the handhelds into this countdown.

The best NES game I have played is Super Mario Bros 1. Though I played it on Super Mario All Stars on Wii so I'm not sure if it counts.

The whole "what's your first Mario game?" question is a bit confusing for me, since "first" could be any of three games.

The first Mario game I played was MK: Double Dash, at a friend's house. The first one I bought was Bowser's Inside Story, which was a gift for my brother. The first game I actually owned myself was Mario Kart Wii.

Back