Quarantine - Minecraft Puzzle/Adventure Map

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
I don't know how many people here play minecraft that don't know of this but:

I've been working on a Puzzle map for quite a few months now. It's not done yet, but there are a few beta versions available. If there is any interest I'll post them, and maybe the full map when it's complete.

The map's just about going through the area I've built, solving puzzles and fighting monsters (if I can make it work right), and i've been told it has a bit of Half-life feel to it. You aren't allowed to break blocks, so you can only progress by completing the obstacles.

Some Picturs
20120506014751.png
20120614001518.png
20120720010107.png
20120720171520.png
20120825175153.png
20120830162802.png
20120826154530.png
20120910211303.png
20120725224813.png

Some were taken before I finished refining the part of the map or were kind of sloppy, but these were just to show stuff off, not actually advertise the map.

Re: Minecraft Puzzle Map

You should probably post an early build or at least a few screenshots so this actually gathers some attention.

I played a couple betas, its a cool puzzle map that has nice atmosphere and a variety of well-designed obstacles, with a plot that may or may not make sense.

its a pretty nice map, its atmospheric and the puzzles are reasonable

im excited for the new trial with the finished town area

I'm not allowed to play until it's finished since I'm his official beta tester or something

Yes you are the full prerelease guinea pig

Also I'll get some pics later

Or maybe just take some old ones ive gotten

i suport this map i played beta #2 and on
please release playground of the champs it is the freshst playground

This does look pretty neat. I wouldn't mind trying it out when you're done with it.

Is it the one with the Obsidian things with the switches and the window over the portal room?

EDIT: oh yeah, there isn't much to update on. Just added new features like item frames and flower pots all over. Did some more refining to the town parts. Did the bridge as seen above.

yeah I think that's around the part

I got the stuff in the chest and there's a bunch of doors and stuff I can't get through. I think I need to jump to this one part but I haven't done it yet. I'll have to double-check tonight or over the weekend.

Mariomario64 said:
yeah I think that's around the part

I got the stuff in the chest and there's a bunch of doors and stuff I can't get through. I think I need to jump to this one part but I haven't done it yet. I'll have to double-check tonight or over the weekend.

The other window across the portal room doesnt advance you, to pass through the hallway you

have to light the tnt on the lit wire

When the maps done theres going to be a video answer key, but I cant do that yet

EDIT: and yeah groden I noticed that, it's cool

SUPER EDIT: I could whip up a text answer-key for the time being if you need it

That's me! :yoshi:

Back