Quarantine - Minecraft Puzzle/Adventure Map

The final prerelease should be coming out within a week or two, if everything works out

Here it is, hopefully the last pre-release of the map

• Play on 1.11
  • There is a resource pack attached with various sound files, it should automatically apply itself
  • Everything here is completed and functional, aside from background buildings in the city and residential areas
  • Walkthrough guide coming soon
  • Go adventure mode when you start, I accidentally left it in creative

If you play, please let me know and keep me posted on your thoughts, such as:

• Gameplay- what was good and what wasn't
  • Combat- how balanced it was through out the map
  • Lore- did it make sense
  • Pitfalls- where you got stuck
  • Sound effects/music- were any too loud

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Gameplay- what was good and what wasn't

Redstone puzzles good, jumping puzzles less so; I've always thought platforming in Minecraft was kind of bad.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Combat- how balanced it was through out the map

Pretty unbalanced; the mobs do a ton of damage and you're pretty much guaranteed to die a few times from fighting them without cover, but in the town/sewer section you can attack them with impunity since they can't get in the sewer exits. Same with behind doors.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Lore- did it make sense

Kind of but not really? Pretty sure I read every book and I knew roughly what was going on but I never felt like I knew the whole story. The last book especially raised plenty of questions.

Looking forward to playing the sequel in ten years.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Pitfalls- where you got stuck

The warehouse and that one jumping bit right before the corridor where you bump your head like a million times.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Sound effects/music- were any too loud

It's good.

Snack said:
Redstone puzzles good, jumping puzzles less so; I've always thought platforming in Minecraft was kind of bad.

When you get strapped for ideas you gotta get what you can

I made one of the hardest ones easier, and am planning to do something about another one that is deceptively difficult because it doesn't fully function properly unless you flip a lever twice

Snack said:
Pretty unbalanced; the mobs do a ton of damage and you're pretty much guaranteed to die a few times from fighting them without cover, but in the town/sewer section you can attack them with impunity since they can't get in the sewer exits. Same with behind doors.

That's interesting because they can and do use the ladders in the woods, but thats more shitty AI I can't control

I was afraid of making it excessively easy, so I held back on getting better than mid-tier equipment, but I am planning to rework it since even I died about 10 times playing through

Snack said:
Kind of but not really? Pretty sure I read every book and I knew roughly what was going on but I never felt like I knew the whole story. The last book especially raised plenty of questions.

That's the feel I was going for, with that last book being partially sequel bait and to be fairly different from all the others

Snack said:
Looking forward to playing the sequel in ten years.

sWrlYvb.jpg

Snack said:
The warehouse and that one jumping bit right before the corridor where you bump your head like a million times.

Warehouse gets a lot of people so I might try to do something about it, not entirely sure what the second one is but chances are its the same one where I myself bumped my head a million times

Snack said:
It's good.

thumbup.gif

find the coffin where I buried my hopes and dreams

*move mobs, turn on pig aggroer, set scoreboards to 0, blank sidebar, bundle resource pack, adventure mode,command block text off

*address multiplayer, book collecting

new todo based off feedback from last download (there is like 20 unaccounted for people who downloaded this and said nothing to me and I will find you)

• walkthrough
  • buildings
  • houses
  • change "anticipating your results"
  • control ghast sounds
  • add silverfish in webs?
  • respawn after silverfish fight - also moved them around to have one after the crane jump
  • fix hell grodensburg - its actually named hell grodensburg now instead of macabre tale, since the macabre tale of al could be imported as its own book honestly
  • change unwritten macabre tale book to hell grodensburg
  • fix hole in nether bombed land
  • nerf babies?
  • prevent arrow farming
  • jump not extending in town d0
  • replace rockplant
  • clarify brewomatic instructions
  • give more food
  • make fire charge crafting more obvious
  • ender chest near end
  • gameplay to exit portal reason to use elevator
  • final boss enemy - punch big magma cube
  • deadzone in powered rails on credits line - i think i fixed this before making this list
  • expand rain shield
  • add "you have survived"
  • m.p. shouldnt use m
  • tank pigs slower? - ill just rely on buffing the weapons being enough
  • make a nice icon.png for map - i just added this to the list to complete it
  • stop sky theme from cutting off
  • change lit lamps in rail room
  • make opening credits larger
  • make player trigger in warehouse not crap
  • nether tunnel jump easier
  • make swimming through mine lava pool more obvious
  • move outtro song - i kinda think I wont, the quiet cart ride was intended, and the song's triumphant sound during the ride kinda doesnt make sense, it exemplifies finally being out on earth again better
  • chip off corner in purple lab train tunnel
  • make frogs, steam quieter
  • second turret wall prevents respawn
  • left the repeaters in the house again
  • left poker room door open
  • pigmen keep getting in the boat
  • enderman growl
  • parking garage door is buggered again
  • last enemy didnt find me for a while
  • THAT DEAD ZONE IS REAL
  • credits were outraced
  • can still hear rain

• didnt modify sfx correctly
  • barrier off lab entry
  • second sentry
  • checkpoints 8/9
  • move respawner out of portal
  • remove lock button in abandoned building
  • speed up before at ghast cave in and remove magic
  • boss detector is dumb
  • fix trap
  • minecart ride sfx

• title card trigger doesnt vanish
  • replenish ghast supply
  • pigs at orange station
  • move tone_alley trigger
  • remove repeater on brew o matic output

anyway once this is done I'm gonna fully release this and finally stop thinking about it

Back