9/11 Remembrance Thread (#2)

When people say that only two planes were involved in 9/11 I cringe in pain.

But on a serious note, God bless the people who lost family and friends to terrorism, in the 9/11 attacks and worldwide.

YoshiGo99 said:
I man this is just sad watching the towers fall. It looks like a blizzard hit when the smoke came

They showed footage of that in class yesterday. The towers collapsed and the smoke just erupted down onto the streets, and people were running like all hell broke loose. It was scary-lookin'.

My music teacher was in New York on 9/11. She told us about it. The temperature was perfect; the sky was bright blue; everything seemed right with the world until 8:46 in the morning.

NotABannableOffense said:
Baby Luigi said:
-snip- Osama Bin Laden's butt in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Osama bin Laden, in SSBB? Seems legit.

Fun fact, "Bin" means son of in Arabic. Learned that in Dubai.
Yeah, some languages have names as "Person, son of Guy".

Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy was due to be on one of those flights, but luckily he was partying the night before, and couldn't get up in time to catch the flight.

Talk about a close call, eh?

Bane said:
Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy was due to be on one of those flights, but luckily he was partying the night before, and couldn't get up in time to catch the flight.

Talk about a close call, eh?

That's one scary story you got there.

It is even sad for us Brits.

All lifes lost will never be forgotten.

Right now people who are alive and well have so many choices. The possibilities are endless. For those trapped above where the plane hit in the towers though, they were down to just five choices: die by fire, die by smoke inhalation, hope for someone to come up and rescue you, die when the building crumbles, or jump.

Just these choices. No "what will I do later today" or "would it hurt to cheat on my diet once". Just those five. They know it's over. There is absolutely no way they can survive. The tower won't stand very long, and time was ticking. Just five choices.

;_; :'(

Drift said:
Right now people who are alive and well have so many choices. The possibilities are endless. For those trapped above where the plane hit in the towers though, they were down to just five choices: die by fire, die by smoke inhalation, hope for someone to come up and rescue you, die when the building crumbles, or jump.

Just these choices. No "what will I do later today" or "would it hurt to cheat on my diet once". Just those five. They know it's over. There is absolutely no way they can survive. The tower won't stand very long, and time was ticking. Just five choices.

;_; :'(

well, my uncle chose "sprint down 42 flights of stairs" and he made it.

then again, if he was any higher up who knows what would have happened.

9/11 was on a Tuesday and this is the first 9/11 anniversary to fall on a Tuesday.

well actually there was an anniversary in 2007 that fell on a Tuesday

and also today isn't a Tuesday

....I didn't even notice it was even 9/11 today

I'm a day late.

I wasn't affected by this at all as I had no sense in me.(i was a stupid kid)

Looking at it today, I see it as any other disaster that occurs like this. Horrible.

Nonetheless, R.I.P. to all who lost their lives that day.

Back