9/11 Remembrance Thread (#2)

NathanBros said:
I was at the school at the day and got perplexed, thinking of a some kind of missile attack.

It was a airplane terrorist attack. You should know it by now.

Also I wasn't born when this happened.

Man, you kids being younger than 9/11 is making me feel old.

I was in fifth grade. I remember coming home for lunch and watching the footage of it all on the news channels. My mom was working next to the airport at the time, and the eerie lack of planes constantly flying overhead is her most vivid memory.

Viper26 said:
NathanBros said:
I was at the school at the day and got perplexed, thinking of a some kind of missile attack.

you misread his sentence. he said the day of, not now

i was 8 months old. i vaguely remember hearing my mom and dad talking about something and the tv having weird smoke things on the screen. i didn't know it had happened for a long time.

your memory must be rad to have 8 month old memories

i honestly cant remember anything for the life of me, and i was 3 and a half

I was 2 years old but honestly I don't remember anything about it from the time. But rest in peace to those that lost their lives in the attack

Walkazo said:
Man, you kids being younger than 9/11 is making me feel old.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, I was in third grade. My mom told me what happened when she picked me up from school, but it didn't really hit me until we got home and I saw what was happening on TV.

saw it in school, kinda terrified me, but i soon became very irritated as some other dude in class was laughing at it

regardless bad day, gonna remember it forever, also puts me in a bad or sad mood every time.

I was too young to actually remember anything, but my heart goes out to all those who were effected by the horrible events that occurred then, and to those family members who are still suffering.

A powerful video from Jon Stewart.

Ness said:
Viper26 said:
NathanBros said:

But the news anchors on that day said it was a plane, not a missile

Viper26 said:
Ness said:
Viper26 said:
NathanBros said:

A) I'm 99% sure he's not even American
B) He was very young when it happened and you weren't even a zygote.

Stop trying to start arguments in a 9/11 thread, what do you have to prove?

Viper26 said:
now you're misreading my sentence

my heart still goes out to anyone affected. and if i ever hear a "bush did 9/11" joke in this thread, i will get really upset.

dont get upset, just laugh at them

so many conspiracy theorists on 9/11 that you can only laugh at their stupidity at this point

Ness said:
Zae Eildus said:
so many conspiracy theorists on 9/11 that you can only laugh at their stupidity at this point
wait what

yeah im pretty serious, after 9/11 there were literally years of people suggesting that it was a conspiracy theory that the government themselves did that to spark a war for more territory and so much other crap

of course that was obviously disproven several times as well but conspiracy theorists are pretty much everywhere, hell there might be people today that still think it was the usa government action to spark a war with the 9/11 excuse

id rather it end there though, i hate the day of 9/11

even now its making me very depressed

America: remembering 9/11 15 years later.

15 years later, we're still feeling the toll of that horrific attack on freedom.

I...didn't even realize it was 9/11 today until I looked at this thread and the date on my computer screen.

We'll never forget.

It makes me cry. It's just so sad...you will be remembered forever. May you rest in peace, all of you who died on that day fifteen years ago...we all miss you.
I was five years old on September 11, 2001. I remember it vaguely, and I wish I didn't.
Why these things happen I'll never know. They deserved to live long lives yet the hatred in this world...I really don't like today. :(

it hit me harder this year than usual, I think because I just visited the flight 93 memorial about a month ago. in case anyone is interested, here's some stuff about it, since it hasn't been open that long and people outside pennsylvania might not have seen much of it (photos in spoiler tags so the thread isn't all cluttered).

they have a lookout at the top of the hill pointing straight to the impact site; it's oriented in the exact direction of the final flight path and there are little stations and a worker who give some information about the final moments of the flight.

93_field.55f2c90e3706d.jpg

inside the visitor center you can listen to phone calls some of the passengers and crew made from the plane, among other things. I've listened to them before in a documentary, but I couldn't do it there. they're too heartwrenching.

flight_93_visitor2.jpg

-5795fe6106070800.JPG

2e6ewall-of-faces.jpg

to get as close as you can to the impact site, you have to hike down the hill through a field of wildflowers. it's very peaceful and quiet, which is kind of a sharp contrast to the raw emotion in the visitor center. the actual impact site is marked by a boulder and is closed to everyone but family members of the victims. but there's a memorial with the names of all the passengers and crew etched in black inlay, and occasionally additional info added in white so as not to distract from their names. one in particular hit me hard.

flight-93-memorial-wall-lauren-catuzzi-grandcolas.jpg

there are few days burned into my memory from when I was six, but 9/11 is definitely one of them.

(none of the photos are mine; I didn't want a camera taking away from the significance of the visit for me. apologies if they slow down the page for anyone)

Back