Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de - Nintendo vs. Sega based anime

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Segua Kingdom and Ninterudo Empire, locked in a struggle for dominance over the land of Consume. After years of war, the Segua Kingdom is on the defensive until a kid name Gear appears boasting of his increasable speed.

Much like that anime where the characters are humanoid representations of countries, this upcoming anime is based around the 90's console war between Nintendo & Sega. Here, the characters are humanoid representations of Sega and Nintendo characters (even those that are already humanoid):

ohwhat2.jpg

See if you can guess who the characters are based off of.

Already a topic for this, in Mindless Junk though so I'm not sure it counts.

Yeah I made a thread over it in Mindless Junk though this thread is fine too. I just thought it was too silly of an idea to really get honest-to-goodness discussion about it. A fantasy war anime (And Manga like GreenDisaster showed) based on a real-life business rivalry?

It might be fun if they at least poke fun about the not very subtle expies of popular video game characters. But with the fact that sometime during the Manga

The Tails expy dies, murdered by the "Ninterudo" Empire

It might be actually taking itself seriously, which is kinda um... well I don't even know a proper word for it so I'll just repeat what I made the topic title of that thread.

wat

In mindless junk, under the title of "wat", no wonder I couldn't tell... Especially since I feel this is a more appropriate section to go under.

I don't like this at all. Any cartoon based on a video game has never been good (except for Donkey Kong Country and to a lesser extent, Super Mario World imo). Not to mention they're showing obvious bias against Nintendo and considering Nintendo, Sega, and even some fans have moved past the "Console War" days, I think its clear that whoever's making this is doing this to troll Nintendo.

Don Pianta said:
I don't like this at all. Any cartoon based on a video game has never been good (except for Donkey Kong Country and to a lesser extent, Super Mario World). Not to mention they're showing obvious bias against Nintendo and considering Nintendo, Sega, and even some fans have moved past the "Console War" days, I think its clear that whoever's making this is doing this to troll Nintendo.
It's a parody that's taking itself seriously. This is just in good fun.

Don Pianta said:
I don't like this at all. Any cartoon based on a video game has never been good
box_set.jpg

Besides, this isn't so much based on a game, as the "console war" between Nintendo and Sega.

So I'm just going to repeat and add on to what I said in the other thread:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:
According to the description, Gear helps turn the tide of the war... But Sega lost the console wars...

Obviously, he defects to the other side when a new threat representing Sony appears.
And then the Segue Kingdom is destroyed at around the same time the Microsoft-type nation appears. (Not serious, of course)

Rowlf the Dog said:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:
According to the description, Gear helps turn the tide of the war... But Sega lost the console wars...

Obviously, he defects to the other side when a new threat representing Sony appears.
And then the Segue Kingdom is destroyed at around the same time the Microsoft-type nation appears. (Not serious, of course)
If that actually happened in the manga/anime, I'd SO... love it.

Smashgoom202 said:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Rowlf the Dog said:
Nabber said:

If that actually happened in the manga/anime, I'd SO... love it.
If that actually happened in the manga/anime, there should be a Banjo or Conker expy.

Guys you're forgetting the best video game based cartoon of all time.

Earthworm freaking Jim.

If there were no Earthworm Jim video games, it would still be awesome and fondly remembered. I'm not sure if I can say that for other video game cartoons. (Yes, even you AOSTH)

SiFi said:
Guys you're forgetting the best video game based cartoon of all time.

Earthworm freaking Jim.

If there were no Earthworm Jim video games, it would still be awesome and fondly remembered. I'm not sure if I can say that for other video game cartoons. (Yes, even you AOSTH)
Funnily enough, I actually saw Earthworm Jim and loved the show as a kid, then as an adult years later, I learned it was a video game... And that the TV series is supposed to be based on it.

Don Pianta said:
I don't like this at all. Any cartoon based on a video game has never been good (except for Donkey Kong Country and to a lesser extent, Super Mario World imo). Not to mention they're showing obvious bias against Nintendo and considering Nintendo, Sega, and even some fans have moved past the "Console War" days, I think its clear that whoever's making this is doing this to troll Nintendo.
more like doing this to troll people like you

get over yourself, fanboy

Don Pianta said:
First off, there have been a bunch of good video game based animes, atleast in my opinion. For example, the 1996 Sonic OVA, the Disgaea anime, and tons of stuff based on Visual Novels if you're willing to count those. I haven't watched much else, but I'm pretty sure there are some other JRPG based animes that were fairly well-recieved. Atleast Tales of Whatnot, I think.

And secondly, that matter has nothing to do with this anime because it is not an officially licensed series based on a a video game franchise. Not only is it not actually based on any video game, it's based on a manga. The fact that it's about video games does not come into play.

Finally, it's completely absurd to assume that the anime is being made to "troll" anybody, let alone Nintendo.

Smashgoom202 said:
Segua Kingdom and Ninterudo Empire, locked in a struggle for dominance over the land of Consume. After years of war, the Segua Kingdom is on the defensive until a kid name Gear appears boasting of his increasable speed.

Much like that anime where the characters are humanoid representations of countries, this upcoming anime is based around the 90's console war between Nintendo & Sega. Here, the characters are humanoid representations of Sega and Nintendo characters (even those that are already humanoid):

ohwhat2.jpg

See if you can guess who the characters are based off of.

Gia is sonic

marcse is mario

greece is luigi (note the boo and greece's frightened look)

Carvai is Kirby

Saroid is Samus

everyone else i dont know

Back