Does the Wii port of Super Mario World have any changes? #wikipedia

Legault

Monty Mole
Because according to the main Wikipedia page, it does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_World

The third re-release was for the Wii's Virtual Console in North America in 2007; there were few changes from the original SNES version.

Is this correct? My guess would be they carried over the same Luigi physics from the SMA2 port, but I can't say for sure.

From what I've seen there aren't any game play changes it's probably just minor changes to the background or Wikipedia might be full of shit.

most likely major glitch corrections, but i do recall the strange world map colors glitch appearing on the vc version

and no, it's not the thing after you leave funky, it's this:

Sorbetislandbug.png

Pyro said:
most likely major glitch corrections, but i do recall the strange world map colors glitch appearing on the vc version

and no, it's not the thing after you leave funky, it's this:

Sorbetislandbug.png

This looks awesome. How do you pull this glitch off?

"there were few changes" is usually wikispeak for "I don't think there are any changes but I didn't research it too much so maybe there are IDK". There are cases where VC releases have altered script/graphics due to licensing/political correctness/health issue (like the sponsor signs in Mario Kart 64 or one of the spell animation in SMRPG) or bug fixes, but I haven't heard about SMW being one of them.

Back