Which Pokemon game should I get for my DS?

Revin

Ace Captain
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
So I've been thinking of getting a Pokemon game for my DS, but I'm not sure which one. Chances are that the game shops here will only have Black/White 2, but in the off-chance that there is something else, I just thought I'd ask you guys so I know which I should get.

Get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky

It's awesome

I'd personally say Pokémon HeartGold or Pokémon Platinum.

I really enjoyed Platinum, so, that's my recommendation!

Get Pokemon Black or Pokemon White.

I just can't really seem to go backwards and lose all the wonderful features that were in Gen V, like UNLIMITED USE TMs.

Also, there's none of the HM garbage - you only have to use an HM once in the game, and it's pretty early on - meaning you can actually train six Pokemon and not have to sacrifice a space in your party for an HM user.

The EXP formula has also been reworked - now you get more experience if you beat a higher level with a lower level Pokemon, which makes it easier to train six Pokemon because you'll gain more EXP than if you trained only one or two.

On the flip side, the Fire and Grass starters are pretty worthless in BW... but there are plenty of great Pokemon that I believe more than make up for it.

The fourth generation is my favorite in the series, and Black and White are pretty awesome too, so I'd say one of those.

For some reason I didn't really like the Gold/Silver remakes that much though, even though the second generation is my second favorite.

I say Platinum. IMO, it has the best starters and selection of Pokemon. Also, Vs. Seeker plus amulet coin=easy money.

HeartGold and Soulsilver isn't so bad except the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and especially Red know how to use their Pokemon properly. And the Game Corners suck now since it takes for-freaking-ever to get enough coins from Voltorb Flip for a decent prize. You do get three different starters from Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn though.

I wouldn't recomment Black/White though. Unlimited TM use is the only good thing. You have to fight the Elite 4 twice to beat the game and they take a rather big level bump the second time. You'd be grinding for a long time.

Don Pianta said:
I wouldn't recomment Black/White though. Unlimited TM use is the only good thing. You have to fight the Elite 4 twice to beat the game and they take a rather big level bump the second time. You'd be grinding for a long time.
Nope; the game counts defeating Ghetsis as the first game clear.

Check your "records" on the PC.

Plus, it's a common thing in Pokemon games for the E4 to have their levels shoot up after you beat the game once.

IMO, you beat the game when you defeat the Champion and since Ghetis crashes the party before you can battle Alder...

Besides, I don't like how you're pretty much forced to use an elemental monkey for the first gym and then put it in your PC never to be used again. What a waste of exp. Granted, you don't have to use the elemental monkey given to you, but by then your starter will be overleveled compared to any future Pokemon you'll want to catch.

Don Pianta said:
Besides, I don't like how you're pretty much forced to use an elemental monkey for the first gym and then put it in your PC never to be used again. What a waste of exp.
yeah, a waste of like 200 or so exp

I dropped both my starter and the monkey for a Drilbur and ended up with a level 54 Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, and Larvesta without grinding by the time I beat Ghetsis.

Don Pianta said:
IMO, you beat the game when you defeat the Champion and since Ghetis crashes the party before you can battle Alder...
Beating Ghetsis counts as beating the Champion, they even upgrade your trainer card. Anyway, you should try Pokemon Ranger, since they were designed for the touchscreen

Black and White were generally more FUN to play. And it had a better story.

Although HG/SS had way more content, since they had an extra region and all that. And it has the Battle Frontier.

Eh, Platinum is good but doesn't really keep you wanting to play. HG/SS had the same problem, I make myself play it sometimes, but I look at it and dread it, feels empty.

Then B/W which is really good, each area feels different in a way and the Pokemon are all newer, so I don't have to worry about using a Pokemon I've used beforehand.

All my opinion though, maybe waiting for B/W 2 could be good.

Back