Donkey Kong Jr. Appreciation Thread

I really think Donkey Kong Jr. should make a comeback soon. It's been TWELVE years since his last playable appearance in Mario Tennis. I think he's much better than the bunch of stupid Kongs we're seeing lately (Funky, Tiny, etc).

And please, do NOT start with that bullshit of "durr it's impossible because he's the current Donkey Kong" or start arguing about chronological facts. Mario and Baby Mario have appeared together in many different games and they are the exact same person.

Anser said:
I really think Donkey Kong Jr. should make a comeback soon. It's been TWELVE years since his last playable appearance in Mario Tennis. I think he's much better than the bunch of stupid Kongs we're seeing lately (Funky, Tiny, etc).

It's still the problem that how to relate the two generation together, since DKJr's story is a past. Unless the staff make another storyline like Yoshi series, and intoduce the grownup DKJr in new games.

The fact is possible that the staff delete the old story for more flexibility (eg, DK is single), and make an excuse that the new story relate to the old one. That means the staff don't really need DK Jr anymore.

If you don't like the present story and characters, that's just your personal taste and it shouldn't be an ruler. It should be judged by the staff themselves, and they should make better use of each character if they didn't do well.

I don't want his return, we have Baby DK now, 3 forms for a single character is too much.

I really want Donkey Kong Jr backl.

I prefer him over Diddy Kong.

Bronto Burt said:
I really want Donkey Kong Jr backl.

I prefer him over Diddy Kong.
Diddy was way cooler though.

I don't want to see DKJr. appear again anytime soon, to be honest.

I don't care about Donkey Kong Jr. He can remain where he is with his higher pitched version of Donkey Kong's voice.

I like to think I know a thing or two about Donkey Kong and I'm going to say for sure that I think Donkey Kong Jr. was a cool kid but he shouldn't come back, and it doesn't matter if you think he's the current Donkey Kong :dk: or not. Thing is he was a cool kid and he had some great games in his time like one of my favourite games out there, Donkey Kong Jr. Math. ;D But the fact of the matter is that his time has gone and we should just appreciate what he gave us and you know you can always go back and replay those old time classics whenever you want. But it's a new age bro and he just doesn't fit anymore no matter which way you cut it. :( :-\ So that's why I think he definetly shouldn't come back but I really do appreciate him! :)

Uniju said:
I like to think I know a thing or two about Donkey Kong and I'm going to say for sure that I think Donkey Kong Jr. was a cool kid but he shouldn't come back, and it doesn't matter if you think he's the current Donkey Kong :dk: or not. Thing is he was a cool kid and he had some great games in his time like one of my favourite games out there, Donkey Kong Jr. Math. ;D But the fact of the matter is that his time has gone and we should just appreciate what he gave us and you know you can always go back and replay those old time classics whenever you want. But it's a new age bro and he just doesn't fit anymore no matter which way you cut it. :( :-\ So that's why I think he definetly shouldn't come back but I really do appreciate him! :)
That.

They should undo the whole mixup, just say that the current DK is the original one (especially since Mario hasn't aged several generations like that), maybe proclaim Diddy as Jr, and then Cranky, since he claimed to be from the "old days of gaming" or whatever, could be the ape from Crazy Climber, which prefigured Donkey Kong, and was truly from the early days of gaming before Pacman and Mario revolutionized it.

Eric B said:
They should undo the whole mixup, just say that the current DK is the original one (especially since Mario hasn't aged several generations like that), maybe proclaim Diddy as Jr, and then Cranky, since he claimed to be from the "old days of gaming" or whatever, could be the ape from Crazy Climber, which prefigured Donkey Kong, and was truly from the early days of gaming before Pacman and Mario revolutionized it.
What I guess is that the staff try to make DK "single". Even though they didn't tell the background story of the original DK, DKJr is a big problem for their new story (uh, what about BowserJr???).

Good solutions might be: 1, the staff honestly say they "deleted" the old characters including Peach's father, 2, they declared to "alter" some characters' identity, DKJr is no longer DK's son but a buddy (Diddy).

Back