Do you think Nintendo is going downhill

Do you think Nintendo is going downhill

• Yes, their products aren't as good as they used to be but are still decent

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Yes, their products are getting worse and worse as days pass and nintendo need to act soon

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Yes, their products already are terrible and I miss the old days

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Nintendo have always been bad game developers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, their products are still at very good quality

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No, I think they are getting better

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

NSY

Celestial Guide
I've been hearing from other users that Nintendo's products are getting worse.

Do you actually think that Nintendo is going downhill.

Ventus said:
No, NSMB2 is little more better than NSMBDS
In what way? NSMB2 featured nearly the exact same concepts as NSMB, but the original had more variety (and still a few more concepts.) It also had the minigames which I did enjoy.

Ventus said:
It got DLC, more coins, racoon leaf and 1 more world than NSMBDS
Dude since when was the Racoon leaf even used? The third level? After that is was practically abandoned. Also, NSMB had the Koopa shell.

As for DLC, that doesn't make a game good.

As for an extra world, it doesn't make a difference if the world has bad level design.

So yes, I think Nintendo is going downhill.

Nabber said:
Dude since when was the Racoon leaf even used? The third level? After that is was practically abandoned.
I kinda have to agree with Nabber here; they don't give you the Raccoon Leaf a lot outside of 1-3.

What about Kirby return to dreamland, Star Fox 64 3D, Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus Uprising, NSMBU, Game & Wario, Mario Kart 7, SM3DL, Pushmo and DKCR?

I got lot of raccoon leaf inside castle invisible blocks

Let's take a look at Nintendo-made series, as their second-party games (Pokemon, Return to Dream Land, DKCR) have been quite good in recent years.

Mario
It's been a long time since I played a Mario game that I enjoyed as much as SMS, SMW, or Yoshi's Island.

The latest game in the Mario series that I enjoyed was Super Mario Galaxy, and though I still rank it below Super Mario Sunshine, I still found it a very enjoyable game.

Zelda
I'm not really free to comment on this, as I haven't played Skyward Sword, but I found Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time to be the best in the series.

Metroid
I think it's universally agreed that the Prime trilogy went downhill (or at least that the third one was the worst of the three), and let's not even discuss Other M.

Ventus said:
What about Kirby return to dreamland Wasn't developed by Nintendo, Star Fox 64 3D Remake, Skyward Sword Granted, that was good, bar Fi, Kid Icarus Uprising Again, not developed by Nintendo, NSMBU Hasn't been released yet, but just looks like a reboot of Mario World, Game & Wario Know virtually nothing about that, but looks like a minigame collection, Mario Kart 7 Fun, yes, but I'm looking for an original, brand new concept, SM3DL Super Mario Galaxy hack, with Tanooki tails on every enemy, Pushmo Was that developed by Nintendo? I don't even knowand DKCR 2009 game, so I don't count that as part of the downhill sprial. It wasp pretty good. But again not developed by Nintendo, incidentally.?

I got lot of raccoon leaf inside castle invisible blocks But were they useful?

So it's basically a tool to make the game easier for players who aren't good at games.

Yeah, you don't have to take the leaf, you can decide to make the game harder by not taking power ups

Nabber said:
Dude since when was the Racoon leaf even used? The third level? After that is was practically abandoned. Also, NSMB had the Koopa shell.
Nabber said:
So it's basically a tool to make the game easier for players who aren't good at games.
Do you want the leaf or do you not want the leaf?

Yes, Mario games in particullar are going down hill.
I often feel more dissapointed than impresed, which I felt around the time when I got into mario. Or maybe my expectations are going up or something.

GreenDisaster said:
Nabber said:
Nabber said:
Whatever helps him win his argument with Tox, I guess.

Anyway, current Nintendo games aren't that good (barring Skyward Sword and third-parties), but I have high hopes for the upcoming games (especially Sticker Star and Dark Moon).

Threekayzod said:
they can turn this slump around with a new f-zero

just sayin'
Or...

BRING MOTHER 3 TO AMERICA!

GreenDisaster said:
Nabber said:
Nabber said:
I don't care about the leaf. All I ask is that if Nintendo introduces an item like that into the game, it should be used in smart, innovative ways.

Pushmo was co-developed by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems, Nabber.

The recent games have been worse than their older stuff for the most part, but still mostly decent, so I voted the first option.

The first option. Recent Mario games like 3D Land have been fun but not as much or as magical as 64 Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and 2. NSMB2 looks like NSMBW ported to handheld with a coin collecting goal added in. Mario Kart 7 from what I've played so far(50cc Special cup) is really fun but not as much as Mario Kart Wii . Tennis Open though I don't have it yet looks really good however.

Magikrazy said:
GreenDisaster said:
Nabber said:
Nabber said:
Whatever helps him win his argument with Tox, I guess.

Anyway, current Nintendo games aren't that good (barring Skyward Sword and third-parties), but I have high hopes for the upcoming games (especially Sticker Star and Dark Moon).

Threekayzod said:
they can turn this slump around with a new f-zero

just sayin'
Or...

BRING MOTHER 3 TO AMERICA!

They are thinking to do that few weeks ago

Back