V2W: Forum's Choice IV (Champion Celebration, Stats, Voter Awards, etc)

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice IV (Championship: Ishimaru vs Monobear)

Alright, that's it. After over two months since Forum's Choice IV started back in September 10th, and after 119 characters have fallen, it is finally time to crown the champion.

The winner of Vote to Win: Forum's Choice IV is...

MONOBEAR

19Xwv.jpg

HtMIQ.png

This match started out pretty close, tying several times early on. But Monobear pulled ahead by three votes for a well-earned victory and has become the fourth champion of Forum's Choice. Congratulations, Monobear!

Alright, that does it for the voting, but we're not quite done here. Over the next few days, awards and stats will be revealed (albeit slowly because I kept forgetting to take stats ahhh!), and you are free to celebrate Monobear's victory as well.

Finally, unless anyone else really wants to, I will be running Forum's Choice V and will start the next thread around December 16th or so.

I FIXED THAT BEFORE I EVEN POSTED IT

ASS

Shame you didn't put a more proper victory pic (Though I suppose I don't know if there is one). I always tried having a brand new pic for the grand victory rather then the picture the winner had throughout the tournament (Like the victory pic for Rainbow Dash, the Wallpaper thing for Proto Man, and that awesome fanart for Iroh)

I didn't really have time to find one. I might try to make someone else get one for me look for one tomorrow.

Sorry guys, but I don't think I'll be able to do the voter stats or awards this time around. I'll still try to put up character rankings today or tomorrow, though.

just declare me better at hipster award than shoey and i'll be happy

no

Give me the Start and Finish award, for voting on a few at the start, leaving, and then a few at the end

Santagast the Merry said:
Aww mang

What award would I have won, Smasher

I never really found the time to put any stats together, but I don't think you even voted on enough matches (60) to be eligible.

Welp, I never was able to put up character stats either. I'm sorry for being horrible in the stats department, next time I'll attempt to put stats together from the start to avoid this. x_x

However, here is a review of the twelve series returning to FCV.

12. POKEMON ANIME CHARACTERS: 75
11. MARVEL: 76
10. SONIC: 76

Overall, these three didn't do too terribly well, and were only a couple of points ahead of the series that came in thirteenth (Invader Zim), but nonetheless, they were able to score enough points to return. Each can have up to three characters return in FCV. Characters able to come back for Pokemon anime include Ash, Jigglypuff, James, Jessie, Professor Oak, May, and Tracey. For Marvel, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Magneto, and Nightcrawler are eligible to return. And for Sonic, Tails (AGAIN), Shadow, Bean, Amy, Silver, Rouge, and Blaze will all have a chance to come back. Only three per series, though.

9. CONKER: 77
8. MARIO: 100
7. KIRBY: 123

While it only landed here by a few votes, seeing Conker in the top twelve might be a surprise to some, though it might be because of Conker characters going into overtime a combined total of three times. Mario did slightly better than it has in the two previous Forum's Choice games, while Kirby fell quite a bit in the rankings this time around. Up to two characters can return for each of these. Eligible to return for Conker are Conker himself, Berri, Gregg, and Professor VonKripelspac. Mario has Peach, Toad, Bowser Jr. (AGAIN), Fawful (AGAIN), Bobbery, Rosalina, and Daisy competing for the two spots. And Kirby's potential returning characters include Knuckle Joe, Magolor, Bandana Waddle Dee, Galacta Knight, Prince Fluff, Whispy Woods, Nightmare, Mr. Frosty, and Biospark.

6. TEAM FORTRESS 2: 126
5. STAR WARS: 144
4. ACE ATTORNEY: 158

Ace Attorney and Star Wars did considerably better in FCIV than they did in FCIII. Meanwhile, TF2 lost most of it's characters early on, but Medic's surprise third place finish propelled it to the top 6. Each of these have one spot for a returning character. TF2 can bring back Spy, Saxton Hale, Engineer, Soldier, or Demoman. Star Wars has Han Solo (AGAIN), Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett to choose from. And for Ace Attorney, there's Damon Gant, The Judge, Franzizka Von Karma, Godot, Wendy Oldbag, and Pearl Fey.

3. LOONEY TUNES: 177
2. MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC: 228
1. DANGAN RONPA: 457

After all three series survived round 1 without losing any characters, it's no surprise that they're the top three. However Looney Tunes struggled after the first round, losing three characters in the second, like what happened with Sonic in FCII and Homestuck in FC1. Daffy and Bugs both ended up falling later in round 4, but the series still did well enough to finish in the top three. FiM lost two characters in round 2, one to a fellow pony, another same-series in round four matchup caused the series to give up Scootaloo, and Sweetie and Pinkie both fell in round 5 to characters from the series finishing in first - Dangan Ronpa. The series shattered several records. All five characters made it past the first three rounds, the series got more points in a single game than any other in Forum's Choice history, and the series had two characters fight each other in the championship. All three of these series must have five new characters in the next Forum's Choice - none may return.

Alright, I guess I'm done here. Forum's Choice V will open series nominations one week from today. See you all then.

Back