Super Paper Mario: Too much hate?

Nabber said:
Wait what the heck Luigi Mansion doesn't get any hate.
ScrewAttack said that they hated Luigi's Mansion (they also hate Cel-Shaded Zelda, and yes they did call it that).

@Nabber
Predictable? If you spoiled the game, yes. But did you see that, Luigi BEING the hero at the wedding thing at the prolouge, getting 2 Pits of 100 Trials, having to do one TWICE to get the reward and the meaning so deep? (Everything will end, you're on delaying it by a few years.) I wouldn't be surprised if a PM after PM:SS or later involved The Void, since its still the true prophecy. You didn't like the negative ending I guess? And wasn't a really weird blend of colors, and the fact Super Dimentio looks like he's wearing a dress? Remember kids are playing, as its E rated.
@Everyone
I'm glad the hate toned down since the last time I was here. The partner thing is hateable. (The Pixls, except the hammer one and Tippi.) Why the hammer one? Cause you can make him say stuff, basically anything. :D
The Partners in PM were OK with amazing moves. Koops is a shame to Kooper. He can have a flaming shell everyone, loves. Right? PM:TTYD was amazing. In fact I even rely on them completly, usually. Plus for once, little things like Partner selection at the point of speaking to somebody trigers a different dialouge sometimes. (Take Lakilster to Huff N. Puff's boss sequence. Yoshi to a Toad at the Glitz Pit. Take Flurrie to a female Toad in the West of Rougeport.) I admit PM:TTYD was my favourite.
SPM comedy and plot will always be the best. It had a lot of emotion too. Not to mention the Pure Hearts and Chaos Heart mean't something. Pure Hearts mean't that you could be a hero with a heart, and kindness. The Chaos Heart mean't that ones heart could battered, destroyed, broken, shriveled, the kindness drained out of it, crippled and turned. You can choose to make a Pure Heart out of yourself or someone else. Or a Chaos Heart by forgetting what made you kind and abusing someone to twisting their minds and transfering your own treacheary to them to pass down the savage ambition.
@Bronto Burt
Who hates Luigi? He's a good character. Mario's cooler to me though.

Magikrazy said:
You know, I think all the hate towards Super Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion is the reason that Nintendo's been playing it safe and not trying anything new recently.
For the 2D games, at least, and they're getting a tremendous amount of bile for this reason. NSMB2 has dislike comparable to that of Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

And now Sticker Star is catching flak for being too different, despite still being a turn-based RPG in its core, and not being released yet.

Yoshbert said:
Magikrazy said:
You know, I think all the hate towards Super Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion is the reason that Nintendo's been playing it safe and not trying anything new recently.
For the 2D games, at least, and they're getting a tremendous amount of bile for this reason. NSMB2 has dislike comparable to that of Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

And now Sticker Star is catching flak for being too different, despite still being a turn-based RPG in its core, and not being released yet.
Geez! These guys can't be pleased!

SPM: Too different!
NSMB2: Too similar!

Magikrazy said:

Those are two different game genres.

Super Paper Mario was an RPG platformer. Not all RPGs are turn-based.

You see, the thing with Super Paper Mario was that it was a sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Unfortunately, it was pretty hard to tell that because the gameplay was completely different. NSMB2, on the other hand, was a sequel but didn't bother changing anything. There's a balance that Nintendo has mastered a couple of years ago, but they seem to be forgetting how to handle change now.

Nobody can handle change.

Pretty much the reason why Sonic fans are dissapointed with Sonic 2006

Bronto Burt said:

I liked Kirby Canvas Curse and Kirby's Epic Yarn, which deviated from the original formula :P

Bronto Burt said:

That's a good one!

Bronto Burt said:

Trust me IceShadow. There are several legit reasons to not like Sonic 06 other then it brought some "change".

Magikrazy said:
Yoshbert said:
Magikrazy said:

Except SPM is awesome not as much as the first 2 but still good.

Back