The official Team Fortress thread

Welp, I got a hat from an item drop for the first time, hell yeah

Phantom L said:
Hopefully my dad will buy me a key sometime after christmas.
I am busy smelting spares to get scarp, then reclaimed and last of all refined (I plan to making 3 refined to buy a key).

LN1 said:
FireEevee said:
Phantom L said:
Hopefully my dad will buy me a key sometime after christmas.
I am busy smelting spares to get scarp, then reclaimed and last of all refined (I plan to making 3 refined to buy a key).
You could test your luck and craft a hat with the 3 refined, but I don't know.

Not always the smartest, unless you land something great, like a Kringle or a doublecross.
Buying keys? Black market price for them is about 1.30USD now.
Don't buy em from valve.

I've only smelted 3 refined into a hat once and ended up getting an Apparition's Aspect. I lucked out that time.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Keys are only about 2.5-2.6 ref so don't bother spending all of your metal on one
not right now, theyre inflated

fe id wait and buy them at 2.55 later

Phantom L said:
I'm still on FTP. Hence why I need my dad to buy me something on the store.

Buy a BP expander, not keys.

You can get equal change/a little profit out of a BP expander.

Junko Enoshima said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Keys are only about 2.5-2.6 ref so don't bother spending all of your metal on one
not right now, theyre inflated

fe id wait and buy them at 2.55 later

They're inflated right now, but for stupid reasons. Demand 2.33-.55 or leave. (Leave the trade, that is)

demand 2.33 and get laughed at

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
demand 2.33 and get laughed at

Then I'll find someone else to buy keys from/sell mine to.

The big guns couldn't give less of a damn if they lose a seller, but the small ones do.

Phantom L said:

ahaha, that sucks

I recommend you buy something that's 49 cents on the store to become premium, since that's the minimal amount

Phantom L said:

>hence why

no

I finally got a Strange Minigun so I've started playing Heavy in actual games for the first time.

Fun stuff.

Nice thing about Botkillers is that there's always an incoming supply of them, so some of them actually end up being cheaper than their original counterparts.

Nicely done.

I don't have too many Stranges. The only Stranges I have are a Scotsman's Skullcutter, Rocket Launcher, Equalizer, and Brass Beast.

and before you ask, no, they're not for sale

That's OK, I already have those.

Along with some others.

GvKuw.png

Aside from a few Spy hats (because a Spy's gotta stay classy), I basically just spend my metal to collect stranges.

My goal is to make Every kill a Strange kill

I've only got my eye on a few more hats, I'm looking at a useless complete weapon collection for the craftable uniques, stranges, genuine, vintages, the one unusual and the few haunteds?

Back