The official Team Fortress thread

Dr. Turnip said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Groden said:
I am raising funds in case Crate #50 has a Soldier strange

gunboats amirite
How are you supposed to kill with those?

it was a joke

And I don't think strange gunboats would ever really be practical, despite what Groden said. I could see a Strange Sandvich happening though. It would only count when eaten from non-self inflicted damage like the Dead Ringer.

Though I'm not sure if you'd have to complete the process of eating it, seeing as it can be interrupted (since it essentially functions as a taunt).

Dr. Turnip said:
Groden said:
I am raising funds in case Crate #50 has a Soldier strange

gunboats amirite
How are you supposed to kill with those?
And I don't think strange gunboats would ever really be practical, despite what Groden said. I could see a Strange Sandvich happening though. It would only count when eaten from non-self inflicted damage like the Dead Ringer.
It makes the most sense then any other option, but they are unlikely to make them to begin with. Another idea is counting kills you make while rocket jumping with them equipped, I guess, but Gunboats are equipped more often for rolling out then dive bombing, so I don't know. Sandvich could work, I imagine it would judge based on who hurt you last to simplify it, though.

Got me a Genuine Distinguished Rogue

my classy spy loadout is now complete

bow ties are nice but this definitely is a step up

wow did you submit it for a saxxy?

Got a free Clean All-Father yesterday.

I am now Two-Beard Jr.

So Stooben and I have been considering some ideas for the Awards Tourney next year, but we thought we could try one in particular during Christmas break as an event if the forumers are interested.

The idea is that there are 6 veterans, set to standard competitive 6v6 player restrictions (see below), versus 9 others, who are in Highlander mode (one of each class). This solves the issue of battles being decided by the amount of veterans on each team, and also puts up a good challenge for us both.

6v6 restrictions are 2 of each class, except for the following:
  • 1 Heavy
  • 1 Engineer
  • 1 Medic
  • 1 Demoman

Right now the veterans seem to be me, TheFreshPrince, Stooben, Toadbert, Uniju, and Martiniman. The others are literally anyone else not mentioned and wants to play. The reason these 6 players in particular were decided is because they ranked the best in the tourney, demonstrates their skill the most, and practices commonly. Please no drama about the selection.

Does this interest anyone, let alone 15 people?

I will play if the times work for me.
You know which classes I like. I will end up being a medic unless someone else really likes being German.

If the times are good for me then I can participate. Haven't decided which class to be yet though. I'll think about that.

This will be during Christmas break, so we should be able to throw a match that everyone can attend to. The 9-player team is basically come and play, where it's not really decided beforehand who is playing and you can choose what class to play on the spot, you just have to follow Highlander restrictions and come to an agreement who is playing what. Feel free to tell me what classes you'd like to play beforehand so I can keep track of who is likely doing what and can get a compatible 9-team, though. I'll make a new topic at the start of December to gain attraction.

Back