The official Team Fortress thread

Mariomario64 said:
As long as the next match is on Friday night or Saturday night, I can come.
That seems to be the plan.

Haven't found presents( I think, I got some random thingy while playing Wave 666, which upon opening(not a crate) gave me a Haunted Holy Hunter and a Seal Mask normal quality), though I did get the Skull Island Topper. Merasmus died for some reason even though we didn't take away all his health( console command I think, but not completely sure) and I went to the Skull Island. Currently at 18/20 candy pumpkins for the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask.

LN1 said:
Haven't found presents( I think, I got some random thingy while playing Wave 666, which upon opening(not a crate) gave me a Haunted Holy Hunter and a Seal Mask normal quality), though I did get the Skull Island Topper. Merasmus died for some reason even though we didn't take away all his health( console command I think, but not completely sure) and I went to the Skull Island. Currently at 18/20 candy pumpkins for the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask.
Presents are found on koth_lakeside_event at random times. They're only for you, so you can easily grab them, but the delays range from 5 to 30 minutes, based on your luck.

Man, the Ghost Fort match I did now was great. I managed to find 7 presents in 20 minutes. Three contained shitty spells (well, one was the engineer deep voice, another was a shitty exorcism which i had 2 of, and then the squash rockets), two contained 6 voodoo items each, one had an Unknown Monkeynaut, and another had Grand Duchess Wings. Crafted the Voodoo crap and ending up getting a Haunted Voodoo Cursed Sniper Soul.

Also, I'm selling the Wings for 1 ref, probably will go down to even to rec. I never play as heavy and this is taking up space in my backpack.

My brother, who like me is still on ftp has some item he got from craft/achievement/drop with purple text and I don't know how he got them. As far as I know his liberty launcher and buff banners are the only ones. Does anyone know why?

Phantom L said:
My brother, who like me is still on ftp has some item he got from craft/achievement/drop with purple text and I don't know how he got them. As far as I know his liberty launcher and buff banners are the only ones. Does anyone know why?
Haunted Scrap. He got it from melee killing the Horsemann.

I got some good drops.

like a phlo-whatever-inator, a pretty boy's pocket pistol and from my haunted gift a haunte potion: voices from below.

Groden said:
Phantom L said:
Well actually the text is sorta a pink colour so I don't think its that.

Phantom L said:
Groden said:
Phantom L said:
Well actually the text is sorta a pink colour so I don't think its that.
there's no pink text.

only purple.

also oh it's not potions.

it's more like haunted spells.

this is the one I got http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Halloween_Spell:_Scout%27s_Spectral_Snarl

Hello everyone, I have a Voo Doo Cursed Sniper Soul. I'd very much like to have almost any other soul. If you want a sniper one, I'll 1:1 it for another soul.

Groden said:
LN1 said:
Presents are found on koth_lakeside_event at random times. They're only for you, so you can easily grab them, but the delays range from 5 to 30 minutes, based on your luck.
Okay, but I'm still not sure what item I got. It opens directly upon using it, it kinda looks like a pot. I didn't buy anything, and I didn't get any Carefully Wrapped Gift. I actually don't remember what the item was named.

That's the Halloween Goodie Cauldron awarded to players who connected during Scream Fortress 2011, or this year if they didn't last year.

You get the Seal Mask and another random Halloween 2011 item from it.

LN1 said:
Okay. Little question. Can I gain previous Halloween Special items and achievements now that the event is going?
yeah.

I got the mildy disturbing halloween mask.

but... for the rest of the halloween stuff like a ghastly gibus or the bombonicon you'll have to earn them yourself going to a server that has those events.

Okay. anyways, got to play some more. Got a few spells(Squash Rockets and Die Job(sucks that my only paintable hats were the Gibus and the Party Hat. Would've been fun to paint my Holy Hunter or something else), and other stuff. Hell, I played more sniper than I usually do for the hell of it and did way better than usually; though then again, it was koth_lakeside_event. Seriously, I actually had the dance event help me. And that spot in the room with the pit that can only be reached with high jumps of sorts(high jump event, a lot of knockback, rocket/sticky jump) helped me snipe with more safety+random melee which helps me more than it should.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
That's the Halloween Goodie Cauldron awarded to players who connected during Scream Fortress 2011, or this year if they didn't last year.

You get the Seal Mask and another random Halloween 2011 item from it.
Yeah, what he said. Majority of us got it last year.

So today I friended one of my IRL friends on Steam that frequents TF2. Turns out, he only plays on achievement_idle maps and says 2fort and Dustbowl suck.

I felt like saying wat but I might just join him every now and then to play but I won't achievement grind or idle or whatever you're supposed to do in those servers

MCS said:
So today I friended one of my IRL friends on Steam that frequents TF2. Turns out, he only plays on achievement_idle maps and says 2fort and Dustbowl suck.

I felt like saying wat but I might just join him every now and then to play but I won't achievement grind or idle or whatever you're supposed to do in those servers

I go on those servers and fuck with the people helping other people getting achievements.

Personally, I do not like 2 fort.

Mariomario64 said:
What time is the match going to be Saturday night?
"Whenever" basically. Since match 2 is mostly to get forumgoers who missed it last time, you guys can discuss when would be best.

Back