The official Team Fortress thread

Well, good news, I saved a really awesome replay of me playing as Spy. It's 6 minutes and I'm trying to get it to save as a movie. I'll post it here when it's ready.

I know how the replay system works, dude. I've been playing the game for nearly a year now.

EDIT: Alright, replay's saving now. I'm going to just leave my laptop on and do other things since it's probably going to take around an hour or more since it's a 6 minute replay. It'll be worth it though.

Well that was fun last night

also I have a clean Hustler's Hallmark (Demo hat) that I got in a good trade for my botkiller. I'm trying to sell it; anyone here want it?

Groden said:
Junko Enoshima said:
Id say keep it, its a good hat. Now you need a caber + parrot 8)
and beard

Or sell the hallmark and upgrade to a point-n-shoot.
I love all-class, solves my hat problems instantly.

Junko Enoshima said:
Xyresic said:
Groden said:
Junko Enoshima said:
and beard

thats not gangsta at all holmes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql04pyF8jjo&t=16m6s

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Junko Enoshima said:
Xyresic said:
Groden said:
Junko Enoshima said:
and beard

I wonder if there's a SFM/Gmod ani for that...
probably some boondocks ones, but probably not that specific scene.
Also: Relevant. A little vulgar.

I want someone to make Tom's nigga moment in SFM.

I want someone to make Tom's nigga moment in SFM.

Your wish was ALMOST granted.

I never realized how much Louis is actually similar to Tom.

I never realized how much Louis is actually similar to Tom.
Then you have the endless slew of SFM masterpieces and stupidly good artists out there...
Ballad of the Gibus, What Happens When Your Team Fails, Max of 3Ds videos, they just keep on going and going.

Junko Enoshima said:
Xyresic said:
Groden said:
Junko Enoshima said:
and beard

exactly where i got it from lol

Played some after a pretty long hiatus.
Can't reflect anything. That's annoying.
Found a heater, and that's literally heavy on easy mode. You can't be axed or backstabbed easily, and it only costs 6 ammo.

And soldiers who walk towards me without firing rockets- you suck.

I don't find axing Fat pyros to be much harder than regular. You'll take a bit of damage, sure, but getting two hits only takes about a second if you don't miss.

Backstabbing is definitely an issue though, especially without Dead Ringer.

The Heater is pretty underwhelming, honestly. In pubs, where corpses and their ammo are everywhere, it is a straight upgrade since ammo is only a concern when pushing for extended periods of time, but the ring of fire only effectively makes life for spies just a little bit harder, but even then it is pretty easy to counter by jump-stabbing, Dead Ringer, or Spycicle. Heavy is too slow and the ring is too weak for it to be used as an actually threatening weapon.

Groden said:
The Heater is pretty underwhelming, honestly. In pubs, where corpses and their ammo are everywhere, it is a straight upgrade since ammo is only a concern when pushing for extended periods of time, but the ring of fire only effectively makes life for spies just a little bit harder, but even then it is pretty easy to counter by jump-stabbing, Dead Ringer, or Spycicle. Heavy is too slow and the ring is too weak for it to be used as an actually threatening weapon.

The fire circle itself shouldn't be taken as a weapon of its own, it's more of a lazy bonus.
It doesn't hurt all that much, but if you're like me and are devoted to turbine, then you'll take a lot of extraneous damage, and then try to axe down the overhealed/fully healed heavy as it's damaging you.
And on top of that, I swear there's some kind of pushback on that fire circle...

Xyresic said:
Groden said:

The fire circle itself shouldn't be taken as a weapon of its own, it's more of a lazy bonus.
It doesn't hurt all that much, but if you're like me and are devoted to turbine, then you'll take a lot of extraneous damage, and then try to axe down the overhealed/fully healed heavy as it's damaging you.
And on top of that, I swear there's some kind of pushback on that fire circle...
I play Soldier, so I guess it hasn't been a problem for me. Every damage has some knockback, even if it is barely noticeable, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did push back a bit.

I think it does pushback a bit. I remember revving it but not using it and walking up to burn people to death. I had to keep up with them as they got shoved away iirc

Groden said:
I play Soldier, so I guess it hasn't been a problem for me. Every damage has some knockback, even if it is barely noticeable, so I wouldn't be surprised if it did push back a bit.

Pyro main, so it's basically now 4ish weapons against us.
Scout will just be one weapon, but only the good ones know the range of the flames.
Heavy has the natash and the heater, b/c of the pushback, so it's hard to land 2 axes.
And the demoman has stickies.
Airblasting stickies does nothing besides not hurt your team, I swear.

But if you're anchored on a dispenser, there's not really a reason not to use the heater.

Back