The official Team Fortress thread

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/17jf2k/source_film_maker_update_for_12913_shows_some/

Speculation says that this is for the upcoming 15-minute TF2 short Valve is currently producing.

In any case, it's on Badlands. And it's clearly MvM related.
The weapons look styled similar to TFC. That weird looking cannon-thing is also the Pyro's Flamethrower. Interesting.

AtY6t1h.png

The targets are robots and they appear to be carrying those weapons. So I guess that's what they're made for.

I'm also seeing that the truck says Gravel Industries rather than Gray Gravel, which may or may not be different companies. The MvM storyline could be progressing in a number of ways.

It's setting up to be a really big MvM Update, I will be looking forward to it.

AtY6t1h.png

The targets are robots and they appear to be carrying those weapons. So I guess that's what they're made for.

I'm also seeing that the truck says Gravel Industries rather than Gray Gravel, which may or may not be different companies. The MvM storyline could be progressing in a number of ways.

It's setting up to be a really big MvM Update, I will be looking forward to it.
Those targets are based off of concept art

Pyro
Medic
Sniper

They're not really holding TFC weapons, unless you mean the Medic having a shotgun

I'm not seeing how this is all adding up to MvM and robots specifically, but I would love to see a huge update for it. Very likely the movie will be centered on it considering its basically the climax of the TF2 storyline.

So I got swindled in a trade and was given two uncraftable weapons in place for a scrap. If anyone doesn't have a Scottish Resistance (both weapons are a Scottish resistance) and would like one to use, trade me

selling bootleggers, one refined each

very stylish

yY0EpJE.jpg

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
So I got swindled in a trade and was given two uncraftable weapons in place for a scrap. If anyone doesn't have a Scottish Resistance (both weapons are a Scottish resistance) and would like one to use, trade me
My brother might want one, so I will take one to go give to him.

MCS said:
>I can't see black people against a black background

Racist

MCS said:
I can't see who's in the corner because that "green_chaos" name is in the way

dem sprays though

You didnt even see the nsfw one, which I just realized I didn't look to see if I had gotten in this shot and wouldve gotten in shit with the mods for

and also green_chaos is in the corner

Well, Groden was thinking of arranging a Spring Break tourney of some sort for this weekend, but decided to cancel it. I guess the next one will be for the awards.

Man, I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like TF2 is starting to die within the community. I rarely see my Steam friends play it anymore, besides RedFire Mario and James Frontier every so often. Even I haven't played it in weeks; neither has Stooben, and our skills probably went down the tubes.

don't speak for everyone, mate. Me, Stooben, Groden, and Tabuu had a game only a few nights ago. As it turns out, most of us are too busy now to play 24/7 as you seem to want us to.

Schools and jobs have killed daytime activity. It will probably turn back around as summer rolls in, especially for the Awards.

MCS said:
Man, I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like TF2 is starting to die within the community. I rarely see my Steam friends play it anymore, besides RedFire Mario and James Frontier every so often. Even I haven't played it in weeks; neither has Stooben, and our skills probably went down the tubes.

and our skills probably went down the tubes.

our skills

our skills

2zdY0AC.jpg

um, excuse you? Stooben actually told me in a PM that same exact phrase, and I agree with him:

Stooben said:
I've been beyond tired lately, and it is pretty stressful, but I manage. :P Too bad my TF2 skills have gone down the tubes since the new year.

Pinkie Pie said:
I just started playing. It seemed to load forever though after I got killed once in the Dustbowl stage...

That happens to me sometimes too. That's lag for ya.

MCS said:
um, excuse you? Stooben actually told me in a PM that same exact phrase, and I agree with him:

Stooben said:
I've been beyond tired lately, and it is pretty stressful, but I manage. :P Too bad my TF2 skills have gone down the tubes since the new year.

Excuse you too for thinking he sucks now, not accounting that he has been playing again and has been playing well since the time he has sent that message.

Regardless, I would like to see new 4v4 games pop up on Xephfrag just to see how they might've evolved from the old days.

Also, here are some pictures from Crosswater for those who haven't played it.

O7yIQS0.jpg

XLsLwd0.jpg

FRI7g0u.jpg

SuCACNH.jpg

tFbhLOZ.jpg

UWymuzz.jpg

P4IMf2k.jpg

WXZIdA6.jpg

MCS said:
This was worded terribly. Not to mention, that message is 2 weeks old and I've been playing nightly now, so it's completely irrelevant. I know you didn't mean it that way, but...yeah.

Also, Garlic was not referring to me.

MCS said:
By the way, I hope you realize the "P" in "PM" stands for "private". Even if it was just small talk, it was still private and I don't really appreciate any portions of my PMs being posted for all to see. Especially when you're using it in an attempt to defend yourself, and the quote you chose is, again, irrelevant. Just for future reference.

Now, to post some actual content in this thread, I'd like to say that dm_crosswater is really fun, and that Groden did a great job creating it (or, well, editing crossfire to become crosswater). The water adds some cool new turns for dming, including Pyros being less threatening in some areas, Jarate/Milk able to be washed away easily, and some trickier physics to deal with while fighting underwater. Neon Annihilator duels are awesome, too.

Have you been able to add any fish to the map yet?

Back