The official Team Fortress thread

Oh yeah, ever since the engineer update a lot of servers began crashing after I got past the motd. Stuff like gamemode madness and randomizer would not work at all, and before you say its just mod servers places running normal maps quit too.

Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed?

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Oh yeah, ever since the engineer update a lot of servers began crashing after I got past the motd. Stuff like gamemode madness and randomizer would not work at all, and before you say its just mod servers places running normal maps quit too.

Anyone else have this problem and has it been fixed?

the engineer update was like 3 years ago

jokes aside, i have seen people on reddit and SPUF experiencing the same problem. i still don't know what causes it/how to fix it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6VnIPeHuY

Gabe Newell has confirmed that Valve is working on a 15-minute TF2 short film piece.

One of the sad things about Meet the Pyro was that it meant the end of the Meet the Team series, but it's awesome to know that more TF2 shorts will be coming. I love those things.

Given the huge backstory they've built onto TF2 over the years, this new movie would probably build onto that. Could be part of a big future update, too.

As for the VAs, I don't see why they wouldn't get all their actors back. Off the top of my head, every VA except possibly Sniper has had new lines added within the last year.

Thats what I was wondering, why hadnt the sniper ever gotten more lines? I also wondered why everyone didn't get more lines for MvM and halloween but I guess paying all the actors wouldve been costly

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Thats what I was wondering, why hadnt the sniper ever gotten more lines? I also wondered why everyone didn't get more lines for MvM and halloween but I guess paying all the actors wouldve been costly
Paying someone to go in there and record like 3 or 4 lines is not an intelligent decision to do with money.
Voice actors aren't hard to contact, and the only one out of the cast that's doing any work is Robin Atkin Downes, and even then they got him to do new lines last year, so I wouldn't think that would be a problem for something as important as a movie.

FireUmbreon said:
I got demoman's parrot. heheheh.

Very nice. How much is that again?

Also, man, this Steam Market is great. All these Strange parts for less than a dollar. I already bought Cloaked Spies Killed and Engineers Killed, and put them on my Strange Backburner and Spycicle, respectively.

sold the black paint on the market that i bought a while ago for $2 profit

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
As for the VAs, I don't see why they wouldn't get all their actors back.

heavy, spy and pyro are set to be playable in sonic and sega all stars racing transformed on pc, and they have different voice actors. it's probably just for that game, but you never know.

and i hope it's just for that game because the real VAs are a hell of a lot better than the ones they got.

Rolf said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
As for the VAs, I don't see why they wouldn't get all their actors back.

heavy, spy and pyro are set to be playable in sonic and sega all stars racing transformed on pc, and they have different voice actors. it's probably just for that game, but you never know.

and i hope it's just for that game because the real VAs are a hell of a lot better than the ones they got.
IT IS GOOD DAY to be giant man

YIPPE KEY-YAY

Recently got a demoman hat: huntmans hustler or whatever it us called. If my brother is going to be akward and not give me a fair trade for it then it's for sale.

Rolf said:

SEGA hates voice actors.

Speaking of Spy, I've been playing Spy on Big Rock an awful lot lately. Surprisingly fun and actually pretty effective, especially against the Heavy waves and the Engineers.

MCS said:
Groden playing Spy? That's quite a shock. I usually never see you play anyone besides Heavy and Soldier.

But yeah, Spies are really effective against the Heavies
I play Demo and Scout pretty commonly on pubs, I sometimes get in moods where I play Engy or Spy. Big Rock is MVM, though, where Spy is actually pretty different (notably, a lot more aggressive and easier to get chainstabs)

Actually, my brother is refusing to pay the correct price for that demo hat so its for sale now. I checked and the value is 1.66 ref, correct me if I'm wrong though as it might be 1.33, my brother said he would only pay 1 ref so.... I will take metal or items of the same value.

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/17jf2k/source_film_maker_update_for_12913_shows_some/

Speculation says that this is for the upcoming 15-minute TF2 short Valve is currently producing.

In any case, it's on Badlands. And it's clearly MvM related.

Back