The official Team Fortress thread

Stooben said:
Have you been able to add any fish to the map yet?
I haven't, I still need to figure out how to include a Counter-Strike prop.

Groden said:
Excuse you too for thinking he sucks now, not accounting that he has been playing again and has been playing well since the time he has sent that message.

I never said that. I'm just saying that since me and him haven't been playing as often, our skills weren't as good as they were when we played often.

Stooben said:
By the way, I hope you realize the "P" in "PM" stands for "private". Even if it was just small talk, it was still private and I don't really appreciate any portions of my PMs being posted for all to see. Especially when you're using it in an attempt to defend yourself, and the quote you chose is, again, irrelevant. Just for future reference.

My apologies. :-\

Anyways, wait, there's a new map on Xephyr? Awesome! Is it a remake of an old map or a custom one? It looks like a changed-up dm_crossfire to me.

MCS said:
I never said that. I'm just saying that since me and him haven't been playing as often, our skills weren't as good as they were when we played often.
Your wording implied you were agreeing with Stooben that he is bad after not playing, not that you were as well.

MCS said:
Anyways, wait, there's a new map on Xephyr? Awesome! Is it a remake of an old map or a custom one? It looks like a changed-up dm_crossfire to me.
Modified Crossfire, right now it's just flooded and has weather.

bill please make dm_truecrossfire and engulf the map in flames

Groden said:
Your wording implied you were agreeing with Stooben that he is bad after not playing, not that you were as well.

Well, bad wording on my part. I thought by saying "our skills" I would be implying that both me and Stoob probably aren't as good as we were a month ago.

Stooben said:
This was worded terribly. Not to mention, that message is 2 weeks old and I've been playing nightly now, so it's completely irrelevant. I know you didn't mean it that way, but...yeah.

Well, for the record, that quote CBS quoted was from a good 10 days ago, so that's about the same age as the PM. Again, my apologies, though.

Groden said:
Modified Crossfire, right now it's just flooded and has weather.

That's cool! Has it replaced crossfire?

no, the default map has been replaced with dm_coryinthewater

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
bill please make dm_truecrossfire and engulf the map in flames
I was legitimately thinking of doing this and having it be flooded with lava instead, with raining ash (after I found out raining ash is an actual weather system).

MCS said:
That's cool! Has it replaced crossfire?
No, water is actually kind of annoying in TF2. For serious deathmatching, Crossfire is by far better. It's just a small project done for the hell of it.

I am thinking of making a map called mvm_pubstomp by modding Gorge. It will have undead Dr. Enforcicorders, Call of Duty Pros, Heavy Trains, Always-Crit Force-A-Natures, and all that other realistic good stuff you would find in a pub. Bosses will be enemy Pubstompers, such as That-Generic-Rich-Scout-Who-Uses-Schadenfreude-Every-Time-He-Kills-Something and the Probably-Using-An-Aimbot-Sniper. Final boss will probably be that annoying Heavy hacker who moves at insanely fast speeds with an aimbot and with guaranteed crits.

don't forget the howling

and if you don't spend 10 seconds laughing after every kill you're not doing it right

Groden said:
I was legitimately thinking of doing this and having it be flooded with lava instead, with raining ash (after I found out raining ash is an actual weather system).

oh damn. That would be funny to try out.

Groden said:
No, water is actually kind of annoying in TF2. For serious deathmatching, Crossfire is by far better. It's just a small project done for the hell of it.

Ah, okay. So Crossfire is still the default server map?

Might do some more training when my bro. goes to Atlantic City.

Let's hope it doesn't infaload this time around. xP.

I loved the old Team Fortress with 2 Fort and all the sniping battles with the dreaded red dot, have played some of the Newer team fortress but it doesn't have the retro charm i feel the older game had.

Dynaminx said:
I loved the old Team Fortress with 2 Fort and all the sniping battles with the dreaded red dot, have played some of the Newer team fortress but it doesn't have the retro charm i feel the older game had.

finally, someone who likes Team Fortress Classic.

I played it all the time last summer and it was insanely fun, and there was even a point where I liked it better than TF2. The game really has a nostalgic feel, but it sucks that the fanbase is starting to die. Not to mention people hate it because of lack of customization.

(Groden even called it "poor man's TF2" when I booted it up once)

MCS said:
Dynaminx said:

finally, someone who likes Team Fortress Classic.

I played it all the time last summer and it was insanely fun, and there was even a point where I liked it better than TF2. The game really has a nostalgic feel, but it sucks that the fanbase is starting to die. Not to mention people hate it because of lack of customization.

(Groden even called it "poor man's TF2" when I booted it up once)

Yeah i totally agree, the shear simple aim of the game really appealed to me. The fact there was always a clear goal and you had your base they had theirs yet every game with different due to everyone's varied playing styles and ability. I feel when i play TF2 from scratch your very much getting a raw deal compared to the folks who are vetran'ed on most maps. Also the sniping was a lot more satisfying on the older TF.

Groden said:
On the contrary, I called it "Rich Man's TF2" because it costs money, not poor man's.

You did call it "poor man's" once to me though. I can clearly remember that.

Dynaminx said:
Yeah i totally agree, the shear simple aim of the game really appealed to me. The fact there was always a clear goal and you had your base they had theirs yet every game with different due to everyone's varied playing styles and ability. I feel when i play TF2 from scratch your very much getting a raw deal compared to the folks who are vetran'ed on most maps. Also the sniping was a lot more satisfying on the older TF.

I enjoy sniping on both games. I find sniping funnier on TFC though because your opponent literally explodes into guts when they get headshot.

It's fun to be Spy on TFC as well, but the fact that it takes like 10 seconds to disguise is a bit...inconvenient. The feign death thing can be handy at times, though, but it's not as fun as cloaking.

MCS said:
Groden said:
On the contrary, I called it "Rich Man's TF2" because it costs money, not poor man's.

You did call it "poor man's" once to me though. I can clearly remember that.
If I did, that was in reference to how it runs well on really bad computers moreso than gameplay.

>old game has retro feel, new game does not

>old game has nostalgic feel, new game does not

criticize tf2 for being new

I have both but prefer tf2

Call me a lightweight if you want. I prefer tf2 because it unique because of its bright style, fun customisations, variety of weapons and interesting characters whi actually have persinalities and backstories.

I like tfc as well, but I just doesn't feel the same. The gameplay is good but I prefer tf2.

Back