The official Team Fortress thread

uncrated today out of boredom and got the Long-Distance Kills Strange part

Also, out of curiosity, what happened to that TF2 store that sold strange parts for 49 cents and had other items for reduced prices? I can't remember the name of it but I bought stuff on there before so I was curious

Good progress, Toadbert, can't wait to play it on the Awards match

MCS said:
uncrated today out of boredom and got the Long-Distance Kills Strange part

Also, out of curiosity, what happened to that TF2 store that sold strange parts for 49 cents and had other items for reduced prices? I can't remember the name of it but I bought stuff on there before so I was curious

If you had to use PayPal or something, then that's one of the many unofficial trading websites. If you used Steam, that's just Steam Market.

as it turns out, reconstructing a city in hammer will probably be just as big a pain as doing it in the puzzle map

but thats probably whats coming next, better surroundings and more entity stuff

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
linking images on mobile is a pain in the bitch enough

YesssMedic.jpg

can't tell if intentional broken link

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Block fort Build 3
1024x640.resizedimage

*Updated yellow fort to b2 design
**Has no doors
**It's all dark
*Lightposts on dark outer streets
*New exit doors to intersection
*Broke up first floor into 4 rooms
*Top floor is now open
*Props
**Hand rails on top girders
**Flourescent lights (but only on red because blu apparently has no equivalent of what I used) (edit: I guess I just couldnt find it because one does exist)

download

Is dis Mariokart Blockfort?

essentially yeah

I'm expanding and changing the design a bit so it's hopefully a decent tf2 map

if you want a version that's pretty much the same thing as what's in mario kart, get build 0

edit: here's a typical work session on the map

Jack English said:
Got a Strange Invis.

Haven't played TF2 in months.

Withdrawal symptoms.
Spycheck real people with a flamethrower.

Guys I can do SFM posters now! Sort of, I can't really do custom positioning.
rTt2flV.jpg

I'm at this tech camp and were gonna have A Highlander tournament.

most of these guys have never played. Dis gon be gud.

the match we had just now was pretty fun, got to hear TFP and Dippy's swagger voices

other than that it was pretty nice, haven't gotten to play a real game on XephFrag in months. When we got to Double Cross though I was lagging like shit, so I had to leave.

I'm loving our recent pickup games. I'm considering having a player tier list based on what turn players are picked by captains, then resetting it once a month or so in case outliers leave a heavy mark.

I'd like to see more captains plan out their pickings instead of just picking whoever seems better. That way, it's not just a mad rush between me and TFP then deciding who would be nicer support.

Hobbes said:
Just the time I try to play TF2 stupid Steam decides to convert the game content or Poochy knows what.
hey man
you did real good yesterday i mean shit son you were like 3rd mvp most of the time i saw you

Minako Aino said:
Hobbes said:
Just the time I try to play TF2 stupid Steam decides to convert the game content or Poochy knows what.
hey man
you did real good yesterday i mean shit son you were like 3rd mvp most of the time i saw you
thanks, I guess playing other FPS does help. I wanted to sign up but I'll be on vacation those dates, but I'll try to drop often for the pickup games.

I'll give you a few handy tips, I would've been more helpful during the few pick-up games you played with us but our matches are freaking fast:

• As Soldier, aim your rockets at your target's feet, or at least the wall next to them. Even if you don't land a direct hit, they'll take splash damage. After you hit your target with a few rockets, finishing them off with your Shotgun works well.
  • Do not look for fights when you are at half health, for any class. Go find a medkit or a Medic (press E to call for one). Leaving a fight for 5-10 seconds is faster than respawning.
  • Communicating is helpful to the team. If you can't voice chat, putting a message in team chat (U is the default key) lets you warn people about a Spy, a Sniper, a Sentry Gun, and so on.
  • You will learn to hate Spies. They appear from what seems like nowhere and are capable of killing you in one hit. Turning around once and awhile will keep you alive. Attack teammates who seem suspicious (you cannot walk through them, they're not firing their weapons, they walk through enemies, they run away when you see or try shooting them). Because there's no friendly fire, there is no worry about this besides wasting a pinch of ammo.

Has anyone else been reading about the map and weapon changes coming soon? I, for one, am both worried and excited. Worried because a gigantic shift in meta-game is going to make the Awards chaotic beyond belief, excited because I hate the Dead Ringer and I am happy they are finally fixing a lot of weapons.

Got it, thanks. It actually took me a couple of matches to remember how to change weapons lol, and I didn't know how to call a medic, so that'll be pretty useful too. And damn, spies sound like a pain in the ass.

Also, are weapons automatically upgraded or do I have to manually do it?

What do you mean by "upgrading"? As in, getting new weapons? If so, TF2 has a really balanced weapon system, because there are no straight upgrades (well, technically that is wrong, but that doesn't mean that they're the only viable option). I would say roughly 70% of the time, the default weapons are the best because they are not situational.

To get new weapons, just play and you will get them randomly. You can also trade with other players for weaponry, I'm sure some people in our little group would give some useful things if you need them.

Back