The official Team Fortress thread

xephfrag lan championships

Fantastic 8v8 today. Almost had a Highlander game. I'm a bit disappointed we moved to Dustbowl because then we lost a good chunk of our players (and I just don't like that map in general, but that's my opinion). I was mildly annoyed by the double-classing in the Freight match (double Scouts and double Engineers, namely) because then games took forever, but hey, it's for fun.

I'll be posting a public tier list (based on the average picking turn of players in 5v5+) soon-ish. It'll be determining the orders of what captain goes first in Gym Highlander during the Awards, but some people may like the insight of where the community sees them stand, though it shouldn't be treated as the Xephfragger skill bible. A captain tier list will come out as we do more games.

Yeah,

when voting for dustbowl I sort of forgot that the map is like 25 minutes long. It was pretty shit.

Freight was lots of fun.

I practiced a while today with the classes I normally don't use, and I quite liked Heavy, I did really good. Sniper was fun too, but I just don't have the patience.

We usually ban Heavy in small Xephfrag matches, though we're starting to allow one for 6v6 or more. Though I'm a Heavy main, so I can walk you through the class some more if you want to learn him. Pretty good choice to start with; Medics will care for you, you have a high health pool to take damage, and you learn how to be efficient because you're a slow class.

Have some more tips. Some of them you might know already, but could be good reminders.

• Hold right click to keep your gun revving if you anticipate enemies coming. This way, you don't have to stop firing. However, don't always do this. You move slower, of course, and enemies can hear you. And do not begin to fire if you see a bunch of enemies you know you cannot beat, because then you will not be able to escape.
  • Use cover, especially against enemy Heavies. You're a big target, so obscuring yourself is good. If you have a Medic following you, make sure you two have an escape route. The Medic is counting on you to protect him, and sometimes, you'll need to flee for his safety.
  • If you suspect a Spy is near, turn around really fast while revving and targeting enemies, because that is when good Spies will try to stab.

4E58298CD6215ABE05C7A0B83E7518C551111CF5

Backstabbed B4nny

Your move, Travis

Guys, I am selling a strange baby face blaster and my old purple bonk helm
Let me know if you sre interested
I bought £10 of tf2 stuff in one sitting lol ;-;

How much are you selling for?

Lily what's your steam name, I'll give you a ref for the blaster.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Strange Degreaser joins 4-digit club, tally now at 13

4 digit stranges by class:

Scout: 2
Soldier: 1
Pyro: 1
Demoman: 1
Heavy: 1
Engineer: 0
Medic: 0
Sniper: 2
Spy: 5