The Uncharted Series

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
Uncharted_logo2.png

Uncharted is a video game series by Naughty Dog (creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and The Last of Us) for the Playstation.

It's a third-person shooter starring a treasure hunter named Nathan Drake (who's pretty badass might I add)

Anyone perhaps familiar with the series? Interested in it? Maybe own the games? I assume if it has any following on this forum, it'd be rather small, but I felt it deserved it's own thread.

The series is very much so well-received by critics, and actually has a few awards under it's belt. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone with a PS3.

I have the first two games, but I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't played either that much yet. I really need to play them more at some point.

Beat 2 and 3, need more money to buy the first one. Uncharted and inFamous are why I own a PS3 instead of an Xbox.

nathan drake sucks

that's all I will contribute to this topic

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
nathan drake sucks

that's all I will contribute to this topic

You have no place in this thread.

ASSWIPE

NotABannableOffense said:
Beat 2 and 3, need more money to buy the first one. Uncharted and inFamous are why I own a PS3 instead of an Xbox.

Drake's Fortune was definitely a fun game, but in my opinion it's probably the weakest out of the three.

Back in the day, I used to own an XBOX Original, a GameCube, and a PlayStation 2, but I decided that upgrading to the PlayStation 3 wasn't worth it. Over the years, though, I've come across so many games that are Sony-exclusive that I really wanted to try out, this series included. How much am I missing out?

bump bump

Time Turner said:
Back in the day, I used to own an XBOX Original, a GameCube, and a PlayStation 2, but I decided that upgrading to the PlayStation 3 wasn't worth it. Over the years, though, I've come across so many games that are Sony-exclusive that I really wanted to try out, this series included. How much am I missing out?

I wish there was something to keep track of how much time I've spent on games like Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet. If you can get into Uncharted 3's multiplayer it's pretty addicting, they tend to update it a lot and even hold weekly playlist called "The Lab", which can vary from a new map to a gametype (something like, RPGs only for example) which usually pulls me back into playing the mulitplayer again.

in fact one of the updates I wanted to talk about was Uncharted 3 going free to play, so if you've been curious about the game, now's a good time to dig in.

LittleBigPlanet has plenty of replay-ability, after you beat the story you can go back and ace it (beat a level without dying, which always rewards you with some good items, usually clothing), and collecting all the items found in-level.

Even after that's said and done, you can dig into the community levels (which can vary from your typical platform levels, or maybe something innovative like an FPS) or create your own.

There's also games like Modnation Racers and InFamous, or if you're an FPS buff there's Resistance and Killzone.

I've played a bit of this at my friends house. I remember specifically a train stage.

I don't think it was bad, but I'm never good at shooting.

Never played it really, but im not sure i'd be interested in it, especially since ive heard the games are really short and I really like getting my money's worth.

Crystal said:
Never played it really, but im not sure i'd be interested in it, especially since ive heard the games are really short and I really like getting my money's worth.
They're like 15 hours each, so they're worth the money (least in that aspect), especially now that they're like 30$ each.

However, I have to confess that apart from some really great levels like the train climbing or the rooftop chase in U2, they're at least in my opinion just really mediocre shooters with auto-play climbling. Sure, the graphics are nice and it's "cinematic" and that stuff, but I don't see why these games are so loved among gamers.

I can't wait for its newest and most promising installment.

Back