Which do you think is canon? SM64 or SM64DS?

Which do you think is canon? SM64 or SM64DS?

• Super Mario 64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario 64 DS

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KPH2293

17 Banners
Retired Wiki Staff
What the title says. Which one do you think is canon?

SM64DS.

1. More characters and seems a lot more fun
2. More characters involved
3.Wario
4.WArio
5.WARio
6.WARIO
7.WARIO
8.WARIO
9.WARIO
10.wario
11.wariO
12.warIO
13.waRIO
15.wARIO
16.WARIo
17.WARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any remake is considered more canonical in my book. Nintendo changed the game they intended it to be from the start.

What he said.

But looking at WarioLoafs answer, are you asking whitch is more canon or which is better?

I go with both, taking out and replacing events and things from both games. Having only one person adventuring at a time, no metal/invisibility caps, the rabbits, ect.

The exact date at which the game happened is another factor. Wario hasn't been the best and most trusted person.... ever, and his recruitment raises questions.

I beleive SM64Ds is, for its how the directors really wanted it to be in the first place, as stated above somewhere.

Wait a minute. I agree with son of sons that remakes are more canonical, BUT I do'nt think SM64DS is a remake. I think that 64DS hapenns oh... a year or 2 AFTER 64. How else do you explain 50 new stars, and 3 new playable characters?

Yea! Mabey the Mario Bros. went back in time through the green pipes! But when they found Wario sneaked there with them, they scuffled.

Tragiclaly, Bowser came too and kidnapped the plumbers plus peach.

Asking why things are different in remakes is kind of moot; the creators are basicly retelling the game, eliminating old story points and replacing them; just because Robirdo was in Super Mario Advance and not Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't mean its an entirely new adventure; just because there are more levels in Super Mariuo Advance 3 doesn't mean its an entirely new adventure independant of Yoshi's Island.

Yes Sir Grodus, a few differences do not make a new game. But SM64DS has TONS of BIG differences.

Are you enjoying your spamwhich? Anyway, why would Bowser try the same scheme over again and expect to win?

I think Bowser is intelligent, witty, and poetic. Other Mario characters are just too dumb to understand him. As Bowser says in SMRPG:

"Like the moon over
The day, my brains and brawn, go
Wasted on these fools."

Although he can be kind of oafish and a bit crude at times. The Super Mario Bros. movie version of Bowser was probably the evilest and perhaps smartest of all Bowser's versions I think.

He did perform a significant military coup de tat of the Mushroom Kingdom in SMB. If Peach did not have the power to undo Bowser's spell, the fate of the Mushroom Kingdom would have been sealed. Also, Bowser conquered much of the Mushroom World in SMB3 - a tremendous feat to say the least. Some may say this was his biggest military victory.

Anybody else notice Bowser currently seems to be being sidelined, I mean, he's rarely the main villain anymore, reduced to mostly being a boss instead of a boss-of-game.

And will get back on topic... later.

WarioLoaf said:
I beleive SM64Ds is, for its how the directors really wanted it to be in the first place, as stated above somewhere.

You're just saying that because Wario's in it. 9_9

Back