Underrated Pokemon II

Dangit Magikrazy! You beat me to it!

To me, Snover and Abombasnow are pretty underrated. Sure they can be slow at times, but they are good glass-cannons sometimes and can get a lot of good moves.

It's Snow Warning

Queen Boo said:
To me, Snover and Abombasnow are pretty underrated. Sure they can be slow at times, but they are good glass-cannons sometimes and can get a lot of good moves.
Plus the fact that Hail is a underrated weather as compared to Rain and Sand.

I mean really how many Hail teams do you see? Next to zero.

On the other side every other team in competitive battling either starts with a stupid Tyranitar or Politoed.

Some times I'm suprised by people who don't use an Eevee-lution in a game clear team.

The game basically shoves a perfect contrast to your starter down your throat.

NotABannableOffense said:
Some times I'm suprised by people who don't use an Eevee-lution in a game clear team.

The game basically shoves a perfect contrast to your starter down your throat.
I used a Flareon for in-game and beating the Elite Four. but I use Blaziken competitively.

The Dark Knight said:
It's rotting in Topic Storage.

Yeah, unfornately, it was derailed by people who posted in that thread before.

Okay...

Xatu looks like a pretty underrated pokemon if you ask me

Hitmontop is underrated in that he isn't everybody in the world's number #1 Pokémon as he deserves to be. 8) Check this guy out spinning around on his head:
E3zCE.png
That's some powerful stuff right there, I'd like to see Pikachu try that. Though even if Pikachu did manage it it wouldn't mean as much because he's got a nice flat head that's easy to balance on whereas Hitmontop's head is like a top so you know that shit must take talent and practice. I bet he gets all the ladies too.

Latula Pyrope said:
Bulbasaur's said to be the worst starter :/

Alot of people hate Grass types and use Fire types against them, Charizard is a good example.

Latula Pyrope said:
Bulbasaur's said to be the worst starter :/

This always baffles me when I hear it. When the first generation was popular over here, everyone always rattled on and on about picking Bulbasaur, and how Charmander was the worst starter because "Lol, he can't even beat Brock." (nevermind that Brock's Pokémon have terrible Special/Special Defense stats, meaning you can just Ember them into oblivion despite the bad type matchup) Bulbasaur was never really an underdog over here. But I guess that's regional differences for you.

I like both Charmander and Bulbasaur. Squirtle not really so much.

Now in Gen.3, Brock wasn't a problem for those who had Charmander for their starter, since Mankey was given a chance to appear earlier in FireRed.

But still, I don't pick Charmander.

I don't hate Charmander because he can't beat Brock, I hate him because he suddenly got surrounded by fanboys who say any pokemon not named him sucks. And also, his final evolution just made his popularity get even bigger.

Alot of Charmander fanboys use him against my favorite Pokemon and they love hating on Ice types. I'm just tired of it.

I'd say that rabid haters can be just as annoying as rabid fanboys.

And judging from your choice of words regarding this particular subject, I think you might be taking this whole thing a bit too serious.

Just use whatever you want, regardless of how popular or unpopular it is.

Bronto Burt said:
Alot of Charmander fanboys use him against my favorite Pokemon and they love hating on Ice types. I'm just tired of it.

Who are all of these people you always cite as the reason you have opinions--these various fanboys and haters; the nameless "they". Are they from some certain site or something? You should probably develop opinions based on, well, your own opinions. Basing them seemingly entirely on how someone else feels seems like a roundabout way of doing things. You'd probably be much happier if you tried to like things because you actually...like them, and not like them as a reaction to someone else hating them.

Also, an on-topic comment: I would use Hail in my team with Froslass--boost her evasion to the max. It's too bad that most competitive players ban evasion because instead of trying to find away around it (i.e. moves like Faint Attack), they just ban things that don't follow their formula team.

Hypnotoad said:
Also, an on-topic comment: I would use Hail in my team with Froslass--boost her evasion to the max. It's too bad that most competitive players ban evasion because instead of trying to find away around it (i.e. moves like Faint Attack), they just ban things that don't follow their formula team.

It's for minimize the luck factor and moves like Faint Attack are useless vs non evasion teams.
But I agree that Froslass with Snow Cloak + Hail should be allowed because Hail is the worst climate.

I see Hail as the most useful weather, but it tends to be overshadowed by Sunny Day for boosting the power of Fire moves.

Rain is the best because you have pokemons like Kabutops or Kindra who abuse it well or because of Kyogre himself in Ubers.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
I'd say that rabid haters can be just as annoying as rabid fanboys.

And judging from your choice of words regarding this particular subject, I think you might be taking this whole thing a bit too serious.

Just use whatever you want, regardless of how popular or unpopular it is.

Edo, I'm not trying to go against what you've just said. I understand what you're trying to say, I pretty much agree. It's just that this Charmander thing is getting on my nerves. Nobody can understand my feelings sometimes

Hypnotoad said:
Who are all of these people you always cite as the reason you have opinions--these various fanboys and haters; the nameless "they". Are they from some certain site or something? You should probably develop opinions based on, well, your own opinions. Basing them seemingly entirely on how someone else feels seems like a roundabout way of doing things. You'd probably be much happier if you tried to like things because you actually...like them, and not like them as a reaction to someone else hating them.

Yes, you're right. I don't like it when someone tries to shove Charmander down my throat. But I'm taking this too far, thanks for making me realize that

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
skiploom's evolutionary family

skiploom is the only one who's name i remember
Skiploom was actually the only one whose name I forgot.
The others are Hoppip and Jumpluff.

Back