Underrated Pokemon II

I'm gonna have to say Pikachu. Being the Pokemon mascot doesn't mean people like it. I've found some graphic pictures of Pikachu. I'd post them, but it'd violate the rules.

Bronto Burt said:
That's what I was trying to tell them, sorry for doing your job, Crash. I guess I took this too seriously.

If you see a problem, report it rather than taking matters into your own hand, and we'll try to get the problem resolved as fast as we can.

Although you'll have to excuse me, since I was late in resolving this issue.

Mario7727 said:
ikr, i think i took that word to literal cause i think it's SOO FUNNY XD lol i'm sorry *facepalm* lololol i love this word now xD

I wasn't joking around when I said to stay on-topic, I suggest you do so.

Mario7727 said:
Bronto Burt said:
Well, the whole Porygon family is too underrated and the anime staff blamed Porygon for the seizures in the banned episode Deno Senshi Porygon (that's what it was called?).

NAW Porygon and Porygon2 aren't that important to me :p PORYGON-Z IS THE BEST OUT OF 649 POKEMON period still. :l lol

Instead of writing "period" all the time, why not just put in a "period"?

One of these things

Bronto Burt said:
Javelin you ninja.
That was superjeff, actually.

I've actually seen a rise in usage of people I previously thought were on the border of OU/UU; Golurk has risen in popularity because he now learns Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fire Punch along with Stealth Rock.

All I want now is for Game Freak to let Escavalier learn U-turn in Gen VI.

I always like using Hariyama and Manectric whenever I play Sapphire. Hariyama's a powerhouse and Manectric is like Jolteon only slightly weaker and slower but still great to use.

Jack Noir said:
Bronto Burt said:
Javelin you ninja.
That was superjeff, actually.

I've actually seen a rise in usage of people I previously thought were on the border of OU/UU; Golurk has risen in popularity because he now learns Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fire Punch along with Stealth Rock.

All I want now is for Game Freak to let Escavalier learn U-turn in Gen VI.

What about Zoroark?

althought it relies on trickery due to it's ability.

it'd be probably one of the good dark types to use.

also Tropius is underrated also.

Don Pianta said:
I always like using Hariyama and Manectric whenever I play Sapphire. Hariyama's a powerhouse and Manectric is like Jolteon only slightly weaker and slower but still great to use.
What about Zoroark?

Zoroark's problem is that he doesn't really get any attacks outside of Dark Pulse and Flamethrower.

Oh and his defenses are simply awful.
Don Pianta said:
No. Something that looks like a dinosaur should not be so pathetically weak.
> implying all dinosaurs were super powerful

[quote author=Jabeelin]
[quote author=FireKirby]
What about Zoroark?

[/quote]
Zoroark's problem is that he doesn't really get any attacks outside of Dark Pulse and Flamethrower.

[/quote]
Tell me a good dark type then.

FireKirby said:
[quote author=Jabeelin]
[quote author=FireKirby]
What about Zoroark?

[/quote]
[/quote]
Umbreon?

Jack Noir said:
yeaaaaaaah just a a lame jolteon. I used Mangeton when I went through Ruby because of better resists and higher Sp. Atk.

Hariyama is basically equal to Machamp, except Machamp has a better movepool. Hariyama gets Close Combat while Machamp gets Revenge, Cross Chop, and one of the most evil combos known to man, No Guard DynamicPunch.

Don Pianta said:
No. Something that looks like a dinosaur should not be so pathetically weak.
> implying all dinosaurs were super powerful

Manectric is faster than Magneton though and it has two extra weaknesses Manectirc doesn't have (fire and fighting) and it suffers a double weakness to ground.

Machoke can only evolve by trade so given a choice between the two, Hariyama's the better pick for me since I"ll at least get a fully evolved fighting type.

Also, look at how big Tropius is.

[quote author=FireKirby]
[/quote]

Houndoom. Defense is bad, HP is mediocre, Sp defense and attack is ok, speed is decent, and Sp attack is great. Moves are kind of good only one missing is Dark Pulse in Gen V.

Don Pianta said:
[quote author=FireKirby]

Houndoom. Defense is bad, HP is mediocre, Sp defense and attack is ok, speed is decent, and Sp attack is great. Moves are kind of good only one missing is Dark Pulse in Gen V.
[/quote]
Hydreigon has literally higher stats in every single stat, another immunity with levitate, greater resists thanks to Dragon typing, and an absolutely ridiculous movepool that includes Flamethrower, Fire Blast, STAB Dark Pulse, STAB Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Charge Beam, Surf and Earth Power. And that's only on the special side, as he also learns Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake, Acrobatics, Stone Edge, and U-turn.

Oh and he also learns Roost now which means you could feasibly run a phazer set with him now, as he learns Thunder Wave and Dragon Tail.

The only thing you'd be losing by using Hydreigon over Houndoom is a Fire-type STAB. Not really worth it, hmm?

EDIT: I suppose Houndoom does have another immunity with Flash Fire, but still.

FireKirby said:
[quote author=Jabeelin]
[quote author=FireKirby]
What about Zoroark?

[/quote]
[/quote]

Darkrai, Arceus Dark.

Jack Noir said:
but isn't arceus's whole point to spam STAB extremespeeds

That's right but he is still good in all types. For the dark one I used:

-Judgement
-Calm Mind
-Refresh
-Recover

Cirdec said:
Jack Noir said:

-Judgement
-Calm Mind
-Refresh
-Recover
oh man

looking at smogon's descriptions of arceus and they are hilarious and terrifying at the same time
[quote author=Arceus-Dark's description]With the power of the forbidden Dread Plate, Arceus can pass unholy Judgments upon the opponent's Pokemon as they tremble before the Original One's wrathful figure. This warped Arceus scoffs at the numerous Psychic-types who infest the Uber tier before either swatting them down with Judgment or boosting with Calm Mind as the opponent fails to damage Arceus. The trainer that commands Arceus in His Dark forme can feel confident that stall teams will have trouble handling Him, as He can Recover off the weak passive damage and Refresh away the pesky status effects that annoy other bulky stat boosters. However, Dark Arceus has His flaws; He cannot stand up to the heroic blows of Fighting-type Pokemon or the brutal stings of Bug-types. Nevertheless, any team that wishes to succeed in the Uber tier must always prepare for Dark Arceus's wrath, or He shall eradicate your team with His wicked Judgments in the blink of an eye.[/quote]

Jack Noir said:
I used Mangeton when I went through Ruby because of better resists and higher Sp. Atk.

By Mangeton, you mean Magneton correct? Yeah, my favorite pokemon.

Back on topic:

Mew is underrated, people use Mewtwo against Mew accordingly to youtube.

Jack Noir said:
Cirdec said:
Jack Noir said:

-Judgement
-Calm Mind
-Refresh
-Recover
oh man

looking at smogon's descriptions of arceus and they are hilarious and terrifying at the same time
[quote author=Arceus-Dark's description]With the power of the forbidden Dread Plate, Arceus can pass unholy Judgments upon the opponent's Pokemon as they tremble before the Original One's wrathful figure. This warped Arceus scoffs at the numerous Psychic-types who infest the Uber tier before either swatting them down with Judgment or boosting with Calm Mind as the opponent fails to damage Arceus. The trainer that commands Arceus in His Dark forme can feel confident that stall teams will have trouble handling Him, as He can Recover off the weak passive damage and Refresh away the pesky status effects that annoy other bulky stat boosters. However, Dark Arceus has His flaws; He cannot stand up to the heroic blows of Fighting-type Pokemon or the brutal stings of Bug-types. Nevertheless, any team that wishes to succeed in the Uber tier must always prepare for Dark Arceus's wrath, or He shall eradicate your team with His wicked Judgments in the blink of an eye.
[/quote]
heh. smogon.

Sauron said:
heh. smogon.
It's funny because the overview is usually not in character or anything.
Don Pianta said:
Jack Noir said:
*Why Hydreigon is a better pokemon than Houndom*
Meh. Dragons take too long to fully evolve and I don't really like grinding even though I do it anyway.
fair enough

by the time i had a zweilous i was sick and tired of grinding

so i burned 14 rare candies to evolve him

Seriously, though. Grinding is pretty easy in Gen V thanks to the reworked EXP formula and Audinogrinding. If you head to Route 14 (the one above White Forest/Black City) there's a line of grass that you can simply run back and forth past until an Audino levels 47-50 appears. It only has a one in four chance of attacking you, so it's a simple matter to send out a level one, use toxic and then spam substitute.

The resulting experience gain usually gets you past level 20 and sometimes up to 30. From one Audino.

Out of the Unova starters Oshawott seems to be picked the least. I don't think I need to explain Snivy -_- and TVtropes claims the Tepig family is hated for being yet another fire/fighting type, but I still see some people choose Tepig. Poor Oshawott.

Back