Super Mario 64 Review

Hello guys, and this is Mariofan4eva. I am writing this in addition to the 'Shroom having their 64th newsletter this week, so I thought I could do something SM64-related for my first post. So here is a review of Super Mario 64 for the N64!

So, let's start the review off by saying that this is my favorite Mario game of all time, followed by Super Mario Galaxy, Galaxy 2, MKWii, and Brawl. This is also Mario's first 3-dimensional adventure. So here we go!

The story begins with Peach sending Mario a letter through the mail (supposebly) which tells Mario that she had made a cake for him. Mario then reads it and hurries through a warp pipe to her castle, just as a Lakitu holding a camera flies by the castle and zooms the camera in on a warp pipe emerging from the ground. The Lakitu then informs Mario that he is at Peach's castle, and Mario runs upwards and sees a brown sign. He reads it and learns how to suddenly perfrom special moves and attacks, but wonders why he would need those. He runs up to the castle door and is stopped by the same Lakitu, telling him that he is a Lakitu Bro., a camera-man who will be filming him on his adventure. Mario gets confused then silently walks into the castle. As soon as he enters and closes the door behind him, a voice from somewhere in the castle tells him that no one is home and to scram, and then laughs. Mario knows that laugh from anywhere, and knows it is Bowser, the king of Koopas. He then sees a transparent Toad next to him. The Toad tells him that he and the Princess are trapped inside of the castle walls by Bowser, and that he needs to go into the door marked with a bare star. Mario does so, and sees a painting of three marching Bob-ombs. He walks up to it, and it shimmers. Mario then decides to jump through it, and he does, landing in the Bob-omb Battlefield, home of Bob-ombs. He then sees two Bob-omb Buddies, whom he talks to and they tell him to hurry to the top of the mountain and defeat the Big Bob-omb. Mario then does so and runs down a path and up the summit, past many memorable enemies. When he finally reaches the top, he sees a giant Bob-omb watching upon the battlefield. The Bob-omb then introduces himself as the Big Bob-omb, and he and Mario then engage in battle. Mario runs behind him, picks him up, and throws him down. Big Bob-omb then gets back up and catches Mario by surprise, picking him up and throwing him, but Mario is quick and gets behind Big Bob-omb again and throws him down, twice. Big Bob-omb then tells Mario how to see him again, and explodes, revealing a Power Star. Mario collects it and shouts "Here we go!". He then jumps out of the painting and takes off his hat out of excitement. He then jumps back into the painting and this time sees a giant Koopa Troopa standing next to the Bob-omb Buddies. The Koopa, whom he introduces himself as Koopa the Quick challenges Mario to a race to where the Big Bob-omb once stood. Mario agrees and the two engage in a race. Mario runs back up the path and up the mountain, but then looks down and sees Koopa the Quick cheating by running up a mountain he was unable to run up on, so Mario jumps in an alcove in the mountain and tries to push in the wall, but suddenly he disappears and reappears in another alcove, he looks out and sees Koopa from a distance, so he begins running again until he reaches the top of the mountain and touches the flagpole. Koopa then runs up to him and starts breathing heavily, then hands over a Power Star, which Mario gladilly accepts. To be continued.

....64th issue? That passed already.

....newsletter? What newsletter?

It's more of a Bed Time Story, than a Review.

1. lrn2indent
2. 64th issue already passed
3. It's not a review
4. Are you even part of the Shroom staff?
5. lrn2grammar

Hey guys, did he say he was doing this as part of the 'Shroom? No.

He said he was doing this in addition to it. I can't see many problems with the grammar, actually. And does it matter if he's a few weeks out, or if it's not a normal review? It's the thought that counts. You should go easier on him, it is his first post.

I'm just trying to be a little blunt here. I never said his review sucks or is crap. I just notices some glaring errors with it and try to help him out. For example, it does need some form of indentation. It's a little tough to read through the paragraph. That's just for starters, but if he fixes that, it would be much better.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm just trying to be a little blunt here. I never said his review sucks or is crap. I just notices some glaring errors with it and try to help him out. For example, it does need some form of indentation. It's a little tough to read through the paragraph. That's just for starters, but if he fixes that, it would be much better.
Explaining it like that the first time would have been better, rather than "lrn2grammar" or "lrn2indent" that does nothing to actually help the individual.

And it wasn't just you, it was pretty much everybody else (other than the original poster and MrConcreteDonkey) that jumped in with this sort of nonsense. "It's not a review" or "you're not a 'Shroom staff member" doesn't do any good and is pointless information.

Also,
Yasuhiro Hagakure said:
Hey guys, did he say he was doing this as part of the 'Shroom? No.

He said he was doing this in addition to it. I can't see many problems with the grammar, actually. And does it matter if he's a few weeks out, or if it's not a normal review? It's the thought that counts. You should go easier on him, it is his first post.

per MCD.

That said, I applaud Mariofan4eva for the piece and for contributing in the spirit of Issue 64.

Super Mario Bros. said:
Baby Luigi said:
Explaining it like that the first time would have been better, rather than "lrn2grammar" or "lrn2indent" that does nothing to actually help the individual.

And it wasn't just you, it was pretty much everybody else (other than the original poster and MrConcreteDonkey) that jumped in with this sort of nonsense. "It's not a review" or "you're not a 'Shroom staff member" doesn't do any good and is pointless information.

Sorry, I'm a little snappy today. I should have worded it a little better

Super Mario Bros., I can't find any sentence where the TS wanted to get help.
Seriously, when I read it, I'd rather use it to put my daughter to sleep every night, than use it for a magazine.

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Baby Luigi said:

Sorry, I'm a little snappy today. I should have worded it a little better
No worries, we all have our bad days. :P Hope everything resolves and whatnot.

MKGirlism said:
Super Mario Bros., I can't find any sentence where the TS wanted to get help.
Seriously, when I read it, I'd rather use it to put my daughter to sleep every night, than use it for a magazine.
The topic starter didn't say that. However,

Baby Luigi said:
I just notices some glaring errors with it and try to help him out.
That is where the whole "help" thing came in.

That said, perhaps your post specifically wasn't one of the ones that did the sort of thing that I was referencing (and so I apologize if I intimated that it was).

kind of a strange post, probably should've put it in the 'Shroom board instead. Thanks for the support, tho.

Also, if you're interested in signing up as a reviewer then you'll need to PM me.

Back