The Pyro Report (Latest - Episode 4)

Re: The Pyro Report (apology)

Alright, I admit I was an asshole right there.
Travis Touchdown said:
You're not as good at image manipulation as Mason is, and you're not as good at writing as I am.

I don't feel the least bit threatened, but I must thank you for getting me and Mase talking about Late Night again.

You get it? Pilot? Plane? rofl!!!!

Because disabilities people are born with are hilarious.

Oh, that's Nabber. That's totally Nabber. Acting exactly like how he always does. I can visualize him saying these things.

Your episode had two sections- an anime review and a fake interview.

It was brief, lacking content, inspiration and innovation- it was another pathetic attempt at the same thing, and it failed even harder than the first one.

I'll comment on these in order.

1. Well, of course not. Mason is one of the best image manipulators around, and you're one of the best writers around.

2. I can't really comment on this.

3. I like to make bad puns. Expect them.

4. I don't really treat the word "retarded" as a word that means a disability - I treat it more like an insult. I guess that's taking it out of context, and I'll probably not use that anymore.

5. I actually never mentioned it was an interview. Nabber was a special guest.

6. See 2.

7. All I have to say is that thank you for the criticism. I will try to improve this a lot, but I can't really say that it'll stand up to you and Mase's. That's a compliment.

Kingbowser99 said:
Pyro, your show sucks. It could be better, so you might as well accept criticism from one of the greatest authors on the wiki.

So you both understand you're being pricks. To sum it up, Pyro's making a comedy show, and Tabuu's going to be the critic. Get over it.
Thanks for the criticism as well.
Lakituthequick said:
Sigh... Just make E2 better then the first. And my shell red, as side note.
After the criticism, I will. And I'll try to find a better palette.
Nabber said:
>person on MarioWiki overly upset because of a negative review

why am I not surprised?
nabber assuming something before i post an apology

Re: The Pyro Report

Now this all started due to a small joke that somehow got out of hand. In all reality, to solve this shitty argument, you've really both got to suck up your "macho attitudes" and...I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth...you have to apologise to eachother.

Now I can see you're both going to turn around and say something like "shit no, we aint sayin sorry, thats for six year olds", but in all reality, you apologise, your bad feelings for eachother go away, and you can both forget about this argument, sit down, have a cuppa and a biccy, maybe place some wagers on the horse racing, or go outside and play some football (or as the americans call it soccer), and become friends (if you weren't already). Sound good?

I never had bad feelings, and any ones I may have had are handled by Pyro being mature about this.

It's all cool.

Also- the criticism about Nabber was the fact he wasn't in character. If you aren't going to do full, legit interviews, you need to try and capture how that person actually acts when you're working in UP Fiction, period.

In addition- you want this to be a news show, so you need to do some reporting. It's in the title, man.

Episode 2 is out.

[quote author=Pyro]
This episode will not make you try to kill yourself because of its awfulness, so sit back, relax, pop some popcorn, and enjoy the episode!
[/quote]

It may be a bit short though.

EDIT: P.S. Smasher's interview is real. We just did it in chat a few minutes ago.

Re: The Pyro Report (Latest - Episode 2)

Alright, this is better, but your writing still needs work.

The jokes are...okay. Nothing good, nothing bad.

But there's some stylistic issues:
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"-and Stooben's TF2 tournaments were complete successes and Guess the Results participants are waiting patiently for their tokens as well. The ceremony is only 6 days away and pretty much everyone is expecting it to be awesome as usual."

"P.S. I'll impersonate Pyro in chat!" Lololo screamed.

"DAMMIT, LOLOLO, YOU JUST BLEW IT" Lalala yelled.

"...anyways-" Pyro attempted to continue but was interrupted once again.

I'm not in the mood to do a grammar and spelling check on it, but there are some very noticeable flaws- first off, NEVER DO THIS WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO WRITE PROFESSIONALLY. Use bold instead, and don't forget to punctuate.

"-and Stooben's..." <- the "a" in and should've been capitalized because it was starting another line- same applies for Pyro's "anyways".

The interview was decent. Kudos for it being an actual interview.

You covered the news quite well, but the humor going with Lololo and Lalala just...isn't funny. At all. I can't stand them.

You may notice that in Late Night, there's actually only two characters, minus the guests that come by- me and Mason. It works better like that because we're a comedy duo, we have a dynamic.

Focus less on getting your characters to do the jokes for you- do it yourself. Don't punctuate your sentences with fuck- I actually tone myself down somewhat in Late Night, and even I find the language here to be heavy-handed.

When you're coming up with a joke, there's three questions you need to ask yourself:
Is this funny?
Why do I find it funny?
Would other people find it funny?

If the answer to the first is no, scrap it. If the answer to the third is no, see if you can't do anything to salvage the idea- ask yourself what you can do to make it funny- but if you can't do that, scrap it.

Understand this: sometimes, a joke isn't worth saving. Sometimes, it just isn't good.

If you want to be a good writer, you can't just have good critics. You have to be able to look at yourself objectively and criticize your own work.

Thanks again. I'll go correct some grammar, and I'll have Lololo and Lalala absent for the next episode.

"The MarioWiki's anniversary and awards ceremony are coming up fast, and we can all agree that the events leading up to this have been a blast...at least for the remaining awards committee members and LTQ".

350px-Prep2p4.png

"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" LTQ screamed.

Pyro continued. "Awards Mafia 2 is up and running and both my MK7 tournament-"

"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH"
lol

I have to ask, why is there no article for The Pyro Report? And I'll like to be a special guest please.

dammit pyro

can i finally be on the show

Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
dammit pyro

Don't be an impatient asshole. He doesn't have to put you on, nor is he obligated to do it at your whim.

oh derp that's gutsehman

why are your and neptune's avatars so similar asobkdgojkdfgasf

Travis Touchdown said:
Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
dammit pyro

Don't be an impatient asshole. He doesn't have to put you on, nor is he obligated to do it at your whim.

but i was using sarcasm

Jack Noir said:
oh derp that's gutsehman

why are your and neptune's avatars so similar asobkdgojkdfgasf

wait wut

SOMEONE ELSE HAS JONATHAN FRAKES AS THEIR AVATAR?!!!

Zhou Xianglin said:
I have to ask, why is there no article for The Pyro Report?
because i said so

this forum thread is all i need

I officially announce Episode 3 to come out on August 25, 2012.

In the meantime i have to go make sprites for gutsehman

Re: The Pyro Report (Latest - Episode 3)

"...you don't say?" Tabuu said as he walked out of the theater to find a different written fiction to be in.
i laughed

Other than that it just looked like you dumped a completely random extended train of thought onto a page that wasn't even that funny. As in the only thing that made me laugh was the quote above.

What's the point of this show... to spam random spurious ideas that you have that might possibly be funny?

Back