New Super Mario Bros. Wii error

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I feel so useless. This day, I thought I'd had a chance to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but infact I didn't.

I asked my mom to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii today, she could do it, but when I tested the game, I got this error screen:

An error occured. Press the Eject button, remove the disc and turn the console off. Check the Wii manual for troubleshooting.

My mother worked so hard, she wasted so much money for this game. And then I get this error. I just made my own mother waste money.

I can't believe this, I think I'll never play this game again. If this error is going to keep fucking my life, I'll never play this game.

I'll still be watching videos of this game and talk about it on the chat/forums, but I'm not playing it anymore.

It might not be the game's fault - does your Wii play other games fine?

Also, if this is a brand-new disc, you might be able to send it back to Nintendo or the store for a replacement.

If it's used go the company that sold it to you - they might replace it, but there's no guarantee.

Scratched maybe. Cuz in Super Mario Galaxy when I reached the Garden Dome whenever I tried a galaxy there it says error can not read disc. Sometimes after getting that message the screen goes black. Maybe there is a scratch cuz my SMG disc has one and some how I made the scratch. Check the bottom of it to see any scratches.

I would return it.

P.S I did beat the game though :P

Yeah, I get that message on my Brawl disc all the time when I try to play some of the Subspace Emissary videos or look at trophies.

I can't return it though because it worked perfectly fine when we got it; therefore I scratched it or something.

Go back to the store, tell them your situation, and you might trade it for a new copy.
It must be done within certain amount of days, though.

There can be many reasons for your problem. One reason could be that your disc is damaged, but another reason could be that your Wii's disc drive is getting worn down, and can no longer read game discs properly; this tends to occur with the older Wiis.

If it's the second, then put in Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and check if that works.
I mean, these discs caused many problems to many users, just because these are Double Layer DVD's, instead of normal DVD's.

MKGirlism said:
If it's the second, then put in Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and check if that works.
I mean, these discs caused many problems to many users, just because these are Double Layer DVD's, instead of normal DVD's.

The Mario Kart Wii ISO is single-layered. Single-layered ISOs hold up to 4.37 GB, while the dual-layered ISOs hold up to 7.92 GB.

Mario Kart Wii works but SSBB doesn't anymore :(

MnSG, I haven't download any other game ISO, than Mario Kart Arcade GP (1 and 2).

MKGirlism said:
MnSG, I haven't download any other game ISO, than Mario Kart Arcade GP (1 and 2).

GameTDB can give you a list of which Wii titles are single-layered, and which ones are dual-layered. Do be advised, however, that some of the titles may actually be custom ISOs.

Ah, right, I've totally forgot about that site.

IceShadow1195 said:
I feel so useless. This day, I thought I'd had a chance to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but infact I didn't.

I asked my mom to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii today, she could do it, but when I tested the game, I got this error screen:

An error occured. Press the Eject button, remove the disc and turn the console off. Check the Wii manual for troubleshooting.

My mother worked so hard, she wasted so much money for this game. And then I get this error. I just made my own mother waste money.

I can't believe this, I think I'll never play this game again. If this error is going to keep fucking my life, I'll never play this game.

I'll still be watching videos of this game and talk about it on the chat/forums, but I'm not playing it anymore.
My Wii hates me, it doesn't let me play Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Punch-Out! and Wario Land Shake it

Strange, I could play Wario Land: Shake It! normally.

Also guys, NSMBW worked, all I had to do is change my Wii to horizontal.

Then, I went to ULoader and NSMBW worked perfectly! But when I go to Toad Houses, I get the error screen.

My Wii has no errors also Iceshadow, are you putting in the disc the right day because I have done that a lot in my early Wii days.

Your disc scratched? Go to store that I don't know in your area and maybe your area will have disc scratch repair for cheap and a store near me that repair scratched disc for $3

Nevermind guys, this topic can be locked. I already solved the problem.

Indeed, do you mind to tell us how you've solved it?
I think other people will appreciate it, in the future.

^

IceShadow1195 said:
Strange, I could play Wario Land: Shake It! normally.

Also guys, NSMBW worked, all I had to do is change my Wii to horizontal.

Then, I went to ULoader and NSMBW worked perfectly! But when I go to Toad Houses, I get the error screen.

The only thing that I can say that might help you, is that your copy is probably PIRATED. Same happened to me, my parents said that the game was pirated.

First, check the date of the posts!

Second it's far more likely that there's a defect in the hardware or a defect in the disc that causes the Wii to have trouble reading. I don't believe there's anything inherent in "pirated" files that make it impossible to read in a Wii but there are some measures that are taken to identify piracy such as strings of numbers that are difficult to reproduce for pirated copies.

Below isn't directly related to the Wii hardware but it's still relevant.

First thing first: there is no way for a computer to know whether a file is pirated or not. Piracy is a legal/moral term, and as so, it has no meaning on a file, which is only composed of ones and zeroes.

That said, piracy prevention and countermeasures usually focus on finding out whether or not a user has something (usually an object) which can only be obtained if a copy of the game was purchased, and make that difficult to duplicate. There are tons of ways to do this, each one with advantages as well as flaws. I'll mention a few:

[...]

There are many many more techniques to attack piracy, ranging from the trivial to the esoteric. Unfortunately, it is possible for all of these techniques to fail to recognize a genuine copy, and it's usually the more aggressive techniques that have higher false positive ratios.
As a game publisher, you usually want to choose a set of techniques whose cost of implementation, expected cracking time, and false positive ratio are in line with your expectations.

It is a common misconception that piracy protection is meant to be completely unbreakable. Most game sales happen in the first few months after release, so a piracy protection scheme is usually considered effective if breaking it consumes enough time for the game publisher to collect a large amount of profits before it gets broken.

Regarding Game Dev Tycoon, they did not use any anti-piracy technologies. They simply created a "broken" build, and distributed it over BitTorrent, as is stated in the beginning of the article you mentioned.

I don't think the Wii has any established anti-piracy checks afaik besides basic copy protection stuff (aside from region locking I believe, which is easily bypassed through Homebrew) and in fact the Wii is probably a vehicle for playing pirated games thanks to Homebrew.

Last edited:
Back