The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
I only been here a month but i'll bet it feels like I been here alot longer. I was never called a newb because I am so smart in Mario and have been editing the wiki for a long time just didnt join the forum yet. But I did make some Newbish mistakes like the Wario sex topic. It was too much a statement of the obvious.

Yeah...

Then Ghost Jam got mad because you did that "Mario is Proven Itailan by Wikipedia"

Then the world exploded.

Then... err...

Well, just to say the least, like my message I sent you: We may never really know if Mario came from Italy. Its just a huge Nintendo Character we're fighting about. We're fighting about wether he's Italian or not. Wikipedia can have a lot of fanon if so.

According to the dictionary, an Italian is somebody who resides in Italy or somebody who is of Italian Descent. With this in mind, we can't say for sure whether he's Italian or not. As for Wario: The Stork.

SiFi said:
According to the dictionary, an Italian is somebody who resides in Italy or somebody who is of Italian Descent. With this in mind, we can't say for sure whether he's Italian or not. As for Wario: The Stork.

I guess that is true.

Wether Mario is or not.

We may never know.

WARIO... yeah stork.

:mario:=
That's what makes you contend.
(if anyone wants to know, I made that with glow [hey, that rhymed!])

Well Mario is of Italian descent there is no debate about that. We know he's white, right? So his ancestry must be from Europe somewhere. He's not German, he's not Irish, he's not Polish, he's not Russian...He seems Italian...they said he was Italian... I guess he is of Italian descent. The debate is weather or not he was born in Italy, which nobody knows. I never said I believed he was born in Italy he may or may not have been but he did grow up in Brooklyn in Bensenhurst.

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
I only been here a month but i'll bet it feels like I been here alot longer. I was never called a newb because I am so smart in Mario and have been editing the wiki for a long time just didnt join the forum yet. But I did make some Newbish mistakes like the Wario sex topic. It was too much a statement of the obvious.

Smart in Mario?

YA RLY

There's a question that's been on my mind lately: Why can't we all just get along? I mean, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. In the text that follows, when I quote from RudnickiMarioX06, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications and which I have edited out. He has been known to "prove" statistically that we should be grateful for the precious freedom to be robbed and kicked in the face by such a noble creature as him. As you might have suspected, his proof is flawed. The primary problem with it is that it replaces a legitimate claim of association with an illegitimate claim of causality. Consequently, RudnickiMarioX06's "proof" demonstrates only that in these days of political correctness and the changing of how history is taught in schools to fulfill a particular agenda, while he insists that hotheaded tightwads are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes, reality dictates otherwise. Actually, if you want a real dose of reality, look at how the central paradox of RudnickiMarioX06's litanies, the twist that makes RudnickiMarioX06's antics so irresistible to bookish deluded-types, is that these people truly believe that RudnickiMarioX06 is the arbiter of all things.

Society must soon decide either to direct our efforts toward clearly defined goals and measure progress toward those goals as frequently and as objectively as possible or else to let RudnickiMarioX06 maintain social control by eliminating rights and freedoms. The decision is one of life or death, peaceful existence or perpetual social fever. I can hope only that those in charge realize that if we let RudnickiMarioX06 batten on the credulity of the ignorant, then greed, corruption, and radicalism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions.

RudnickiMarioX06 worships his own ignorance. An equal but opposite observation is that RudnickiMarioX06's yes-men believe that RudnickiMarioX06 has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring himself to help disseminate the True Faith of oligarchism. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to shine a light on RudnickiMarioX06's efforts to make empty promises. I want to see all of us working together to launch an all-out ideological attack against the forces of particularism. Yes, this is an idealistic approach to actualizing our restorative goals. Nevertheless, you should realize that the very genesis of RudnickiMarioX06's disruptive hatchet jobs is in cameralism. And it seems to me to be a neat bit of historic justice that he will eventually himself be destroyed by cameralism.

It would stand to reason that if you read between the lines of RudnickiMarioX06's epigrams, you'll definitely find that RudnickiMarioX06's apostles have been running around recently trying to manipulate public understanding of antinomianism. Meanwhile, RudnickiMarioX06 has been preparing to operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and possession-obsessed Marxism. The whole episode smacks of a carefully orchestrated operation. If you ask me, someone has to be willing to investigate the development of charlatanism as a concept. Even if it's not polite to do so. Even if it hurts a lot of people's feelings. Even if everyone else is pretending that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity.

RudnickiMarioX06's utterances are based on two fundamental errors. They assume that a book of RudnickiMarioX06's writings would be a good addition to the Bible and they promote the mistaken idea that he has mystical powers of divination and prophecy. When I state that we can't let obtuse, unsavory turncoats ram RudnickiMarioX06's bromides down our throats, I'm merely trying to delegitimize RudnickiMarioX06. Of all of his exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "RudnickiMarioX06 can ignore rules, laws, and protocol without repercussion." I don't know where he came up with this, but his statement is dead wrong. To end this letter, I would like to make a bet with RudnickiMarioX06. I will gladly give him a day's salary if he can prove that he is a tireless protector of civil rights and civil liberties for all people, as he insists. If RudnickiMarioX06 is unable to prove that, then his end of the bargain is to step aside while I foster mutual understanding. So, do we have a bet, RudnickiMarioX06?

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
Well Mario is of Italian descent there is no debate about that. We know he's white, right? So his ancestry must be from Europe somewhere. He's not German, he's not Irish, he's not Polish, he's not Russian...He seems Italian...they said he was Italian... I guess he is of Italian descent. The debate is weather or not he was born in Italy, which nobody knows. I never said I believed he was born in Italy he may or may not have been but he did grow up in Brooklyn in Bensenhurst.
Mario & Luigi's Parents

Largely unseen characters with a shady past, and Mario's only canonically known ancestry. We have no idea where they or their parents are from. Unless they or their ancestry get an official backstory some time in the future, which I highly doubt will happen. And everyone knows where Mario was born. Play Yoshi's Island.

RudnickiMarioX06 said:
He isn't? :(

Anyway, I'm not new here.
Anyway, I just had to bump this topic.
Anyway, never mind.

But I did.

hai i isnt new here in teh forumzorz

Well, hello, I'm new here. I've registered here and in the wiki, there I already edited an article about the Character Kludge. I hope the changes are appropiate. ^_^" I'm an Austrian and 16 (soon 17) Years old. My favourite hobbies are Videogames, reading, writing stories and swimming. Currently I'm searching a Job and I'm sure, that I get one! =D

Welcome! Don,t feed the Plumber in that cage, don't spam, and of course, have fun!

Jaryl said:
Well, hello, I'm new here. I've registered here and in the wiki, there I already edited an article about the Character Kludge. I hope the changes are appropiate. ^_^" I'm an Austrian and 16 (soon 17) Years old. My favourite hobbies are Videogames, reading, writing stories and swimming. Currently I'm searching a Job and I'm sure, that I get one! =D
You're Austrian? Awesome, I'm German. :D

Blitzwing said:
Welcome! Don,t feed the Plumber in that cage, don't spam, and of course, have fun!

Hey, that's my line! :P

Good luck tiptoeing around the large fanbase of spam and in-jokes we've collected.

By the way, avoid that guy who calls himself X06. We throw him a chunk of raw meat every day or two, but he's known to eat fingers.

Have fun! Be good! :D

And I also have arrived, after frequenting your IRC for quite some time, since that fateful day...

12:05.53 .•• Jorge joined #porplemontage
12:06.04 ( Jorge ) Hello
12:06.15 ( Jorge ) I am from #mariowiki
12:06.23 ( Jorge ) just to let you guys know.
12:06.26 ( Jorge ) www.mariowiki.com
12:06.29 .•• Jorge left #porplemontage
12:07.19 ( Psyche ) Woah

12:07.32 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••
12:07.32 .•• you are now talking in #mariowiki
12:07.35 ( Psyche ) I follow yew
12:07.39 ( Jorge ) oh no
12:07.43 ( Jorge ) Shouldn't have told him
12:07.46 ( Psyche ) XD
12:07.53 ( Jorge ) umm guys
12:08.01 ( Jorge ) this is someone from somewhere else
12:08.05 ( Jorge ) :)
12:08.07 ( Psyche ) DUN DUN DUUUUUUN
12:08.12 ( Psyche ) ah well
12:08.13 ( Psyche ) Hey
12:08.14 ( Jorge ) He's a visitor from another dimension!

So I was. But now I'm here! Hi! :D

NeuralPsychosis said:
And I also have arrived, after frequenting your IRC for quite some time, since that fateful day...

12:05.53 .•• Jorge joined #porplemontage
12:06.04 ( Jorge ) Hello
12:06.15 ( Jorge ) I am from #mariowiki
12:06.23 ( Jorge ) just to let you guys know.
12:06.26 ( Jorge ) www.mariowiki.com
12:06.29 .•• Jorge left #porplemontage
12:07.19 ( Psyche ) Woah

12:07.32 .•• you are now talking in #mariowiki
12:07.35 ( Psyche ) I follow yew
12:07.39 ( Jorge ) oh no
12:07.43 ( Jorge ) Shouldn't have told him
12:07.46 ( Psyche ) XD
12:07.53 ( Jorge ) umm guys
12:08.01 ( Jorge ) this is someone from somewhere else
12:08.05 ( Jorge ) :)
12:08.07 ( Psyche ) DUN DUN DUUUUUUN
12:08.12 ( Psyche ) ah well
12:08.13 ( Psyche ) Hey
12:08.14 ( Jorge ) He's a visitor from another dimension!

So I was. But now I'm here! Hi! :D
The World... Shall end... In three days. :eek:

Kidding, HAI!

I'm new here. I joined 6 days ago. But yet, I have 325 posts. :P

Back