Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Because that's completely possible.
Well yeah because he's growing a fanbase why can't I vote for him?
Square Enix owns Geno, and they're not going to give Nintendo the rights to him or any other SMRPG character.

supermariofan said:
Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:
I really think the only ones that would work are King K. Rool for DK and Waluigi for Wario.
He's not in a Wario game he's a Mario character
Actually, he's really only in the spin-offs. I'd put him as a representative of another Mario spin-off, Mario Tennis.

You know, since he first appeared in that game.

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Because that's completely possible.
Well yeah because he's growing a fanbase why can't I vote for him?
We know Smash is a crossover platform for "representives" from each series, and most of them are logically decided. The poll isn't doing with the game if it only shows the fanbase.

If you want Geno to be a "representive" instead of just a fan's favorite, ask the staff to make him return in Mario series first.

Magikrazy said:
Square Enix owns Geno, and they're not going to give Nintendo the rights to him or any other SMRPG character.
And it's same for other Paper character. However, SE is still in cooperation with Nintendo, and I don't think they want to "hold" Geno in face of other examples like Conker, since there are no other sequels for their series. I guess the answer is Nintendo aren't really eager to ask them to "return".

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:
I really think the only ones that would work are King K. Rool for DK and Waluigi for Wario.
Actually, he's really only in the spin-offs. I'd put him as a representative of another Mario spin-off, Mario Tennis.

That logic doesn't necessarily apply everywhere. Wario first appeared in a Mario game. Same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong. Yet they are still grouped in their own series.

Mario spin-offs should count towards the main series IMO

Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Birdo, Kamek.

They're the only ones that deserve it, in my opinion.

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:

That logic doesn't necessarily apply everywhere. Wario first appeared in a Mario game. Same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong. Yet they are still grouped in their own series.

Mario spin-offs should count towards the main series IMO
Well of course it doesn't apply for them, because they have their own series.

Waluigi doesn't have his own series. He's only in Mario Sports, Mario Party, and Mario Kart.

Now I believe the Mario series in Smash Bros refers to the Super Mario part of the series (the core of the series), hence the fact that only characters from said series are in (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser). If it wasn't, they would have put DK and Yoshi under the Mario series. And since Waluigi hasn't appeared in a Mario game nor a Wario game, the most logical step would be for him to represent the Mario Tennis series.

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Kiyotaka Ishimaru said:
If you're talking about subseries, there was the topic so hope you guys can put it together.

Briefly, the criterion or preresentive should be the whole series, no by each game (spinoff or mainstream game). And Waluigi doesn't have the priority to be the next representive, no matter he had been in Wario series (maybe he should), in SMB games or not.

Almost half of these characters are also on other polls. Either way, I only said for characters:

Toad
Bowser Jr. (who can transformer into Shadow Mario, a la Zelda and Shiek)
Rosalina
Waluigi

Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Kamek, Baby Bros. and The Koopalings (other)

Big bump.

But I think Luigi being revealed this early may actually have connotations regarding a Mario newcomer in SSB4.

I could be completely wrong about this. But here's what I'm thinking: If Luigi is a starter in SSB4, this opens up a spot for a Mario Newcomer

In terms of the roster in Melee and Brawl. Most of the Mario reps were starters. Mario, Peach, and Bowser. The only secret character that was in all three games is Luigi for the Mario series. The only other Mario character to ever be a secret character was Dr. Mario in Melee.

But now that Luigi's been revealed to be in the game earlier then alot of people expected. This could mean we have an entirely new character taking up the secret character slot for Mario.

My guesses are still on Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, or Paper Mario.

I've changed my vote to only King K. Rool and Bowser Jr., as they're now the only two I'd like to see.

also if this does mean that we'll get a new Mario character (which wouldn't surprise me) I'm betting that it'll be either Bowser Jr. or Toad. Waluigi and Paper Mario are unlikely, in my opinion.

personally id rather not see a new mario rep.

i mean i know its the big icon franchise and all but really it just seems like its good as it is.

we got all the bigs of the series already, and i just dont it should be any bigger.

id much rather see those spaces filled up with new characters in other franchises, or maybe even a game series i dont even know about it.

sorry im just whining but i cant really see any other mario reps being added.

The sixth place character on this poll gets in... How likely to you think the others are?

...not likely, for me anyway, since I don't think we need more Mario characters.

The more Mario characters, the better for me.

But I'm not being realistic.

Smashgoom202 said:
The sixth place character on this poll gets in... How likely to you think the others are?
...not likely, for me anyway, since I don't think we need more Mario characters.
Not for me, and it's even more debatable since Rosalina is the newest addition to Mario series, even though I do like her.

Yeah we're probably done with Mario characters now. I do think a sixth is a possibility, but a very, very unlikely one.

As for the Mario sub-series.

DK is confirmed. Diddy will probably be back. I'm willing to bet King K. Rool may make his debut. Yoshi will return, probably alone. Wario will also return, alone.

I'll be very surprised if neither Dixie nor K. Rool is added, and I think there's a chance that we may see both join. Wario and Yoshi will probably return alone, yeah.

Back