2012 Aurora Shooting

This stupid piece of turd deserves to die a slow and horrible death.

Some questions are being raised about this issue such as gun control, violence in movies, and even the dangers of attending a movie theater. I thought I would be safe in a movie theater enjoying a movie I like, but as this pile of crap demonstrated, anywhere isn't safe.

Super Buu said:
Witnesses have stated he dressed like the character Bane from the movie.

There's realistic cosplaying.

And then there's this.

Get a life, bastard.

My condolences to those killed or hurt in the incident.

Magikrazy said:
Super Buu said:
There goes anyone's chances of going to the movie dressed like any character.
He was wearing protective armor, not an actual costume of Bane. What he did do was dye his hair red and call himself "The Joker".

GreenDisaster said:
Magikrazy said:
Super Buu said:
There goes anyone's chances of going to the movie dressed like any character.
He was wearing protective armor, not an actual costume of Bane. What he did do was dye his hair red and call himself "The Joker".
That doesn't mean people aren't gonna freak out when they see someone dressed like a character in the theater.

This is terrible and my prayers go to the families and people who were affected. Although, I am also sad for the killer. He was a neuroscience student going for his Ph.D and had obtained his undergraduate with the highest honors. He had it alll, but it seems that his life started to get shaky this year and his performance declined. He was in the process of withdrawing because of it. During this time, it seems that he caved in and gave way to emotions. He was very learned, which allowed him to plan out this act and execute it accordingly. It is so sad to see one who seemed to have it all, throw it all away and commit such a horrible act. However, this isn't the only time as similar things have happened many times before. This seems to be another sad example of the downward spiral our world is on.

GreenDisaster said:

Which is stupid in itself since the Joker's hair isn't red.

General bob-omb said:
This seems to be another sad example of the downward spiral our world is on.

What downward spiral?

Oh, god, I heard about this on the news. It's completely sick, seriously.

Still, I hope people don't decide to, say, boycott The Dark Night Rises now. This guy killed people because he was sick in the head. It wasn't like the movie trains people to be psycho killers.

(Also, it's not like people ban the Koran because there are some muslim extremists)

I hate stuff like this. Why do people ever feel the need to kill other people?

I wouldn't call any of that evidence of a downward spiral. Issues like that have been around for centuries, if not millennia.

Byakuya Togami said:
I wouldn't call any of that evidence of a downward spiral. Issues like that have been around for centuries, if not millennia.

The economic crisis is still pretty damn bad

Moral erosion? Could you please clarify that?

GreenDisaster said:
Byakuya Togami said:
Moral erosion? Could you please clarify that?
I think moral erosion refers to everyone becoming more and more evil each year, though I might be mistaken on that.
The world going deeper and deeper into sin, but yes.

That the people of the world are becoming more immoral everyday and are leaving behind what true and logical. Basicly, they are destroying themselves.
Jack Noir said:
wait how did we get into whether the world's bad or not
It sprouted out from my post. It is getting a little off-topic.

General bob-omb said:
That the people of the world are becoming more immoral everyday and are leaving behind what true and logical. Basicly, they are

Sorry, but I don't see any evidence of that, even in the case of this shooting.

Byakuya Togami said:
General bob-omb said:
That the people of the world are becoming more immoral everyday and are leaving behind what true and logical. Basicly, they are

How do the actions of one man show that all 7 billion people are becoming more immoral? Yes, this event was horrible, but it was one man acting on his own accord. This one man's actions does not demonstrate how every other person in the planet acts.

General bob-omb said:
That the people of the world are becoming more immoral everyday and are leaving behind what true and logical. Basicly, they are destroying themselves.
Hitler. Theory debunked.

GreenDisaster said:
How do the actions of one man show that all 7 billion people are becoming more immoral? Yes, this event was horrible, but it was one man acting on his own accord. This one man's actions does not demonstrate how every other person in the planet acts.
He is not evidence for everyone but a supplement to what everyone else is already doing.
Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Hitler. Theory debunked.
Another example of a similar case that acts as a supplement to the rest of the world.
Byakuya Togami said:
General bob-omb said:
That the people of the world are becoming more immoral everyday and are leaving behind what true and logical. Basically, they are
You don't see any evidence of immoral and illogical things being done or an increase of that?

NOTE: Really this discussion depends on your beliefs of when the world started, when it is going to end, and sin. Although the increase of sin is not an exponential graph, it is more of a graph of dips and hills, the dips representing corruption and the hills representing revivals. (More of a sawtooth wave than a sinusoid one) I think we are in a dip and I don't think we are coming out, it is possible, but unlikely.

Back