Voice Acting in Cutscenes

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
The Mario series continued to have voice acting in cutscenes after Sunshine, but instead had better voice actors, Bowser can keep roaring but have sub-titles, and maybe add a little story and humor. How would you feel about it?

Re: What if...

What if... you can give a more clear title?

I'm not sure if the staff would ask voice actors to directly speak, but it does make Paper characters have more job to do than normal characters.

I would love full voice acting for any character. Maybe full voice acting even during gameplay scenes where Toad could be talking to you and stuff.

Full voice acting would make riffable content lol

:mario: should strictly stick to his quotes I believe and if :bowser: can talk why not :yoshi:

Yoshi can already talk.

It's just that his vocabulary is limited to saying his own name and cacophony

Mario would be limited to things he's said before that could actually work in a cut-scene.

Toadsworth: "Master Mario we need your help!"

Mario: "Okeydokey!"

Toadsworth: "Those nasty Wigglers are taking over our park! You need to clear them out!"

Mario: "Gotcha! Here I go!"

Not really. Mario is fully capable of speech.

marios voice is annoying if it goes on for too long and/or i cant take him seriously with it

thats the only issue i find

otherwise I would love nintendo so much if they made more attempts at modernizing the mario series

I think the Mario series should stay with text to read due to bad voice acting I'm sunshine.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshi can already talk.

That's funny his vocabulary is limited but yet he writes a full note to Mario in SMG2 in Sky Station Galaxy.

Well that is how it works.

Only words I heard yoshi say were...
Yoshi
Yeah
Bah

Bah was from YS. I have seen a video on how Yoshi's voice is made. I was creeped out by it

YoshiGo99 said:
Well that is how it works.

Only words I heard yoshi say were...
Yoshi
Yeah
Bah

Bah was from YS. I have seen a video on how Yoshi's voice is made. I was creeped out by it

I wasn't surprised to see that.

NSY said:
I think the Mario series should stay with text to read due to bad voice acting I'm sunshine.

You know, they can, um, hire new voice actors if that fails?

Yoshidude99 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Yoshi can already talk.

That's funny his vocabulary is limited but yet he writes a full note to Mario in SMG2 in Sky Station Galaxy.

I guess he knows words but can't pronounce/say them right.

Oh, so those ear-splitting garbles he makes in the games is him trying to speak to us?

I suppose voice acting could be OK in Mario games, as long as Mario doesn't talk. It's just too weird when he talks. But then again, it would also be weird to have Mario as the only character that doesn't talk when all the characters are voiced.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I suppose voice acting could be OK in Mario games, as long as Mario doesn't talk. It's just too weird when he talks. But then again, it would also be weird to have Mario as the only character that doesn't talk when all the characters are voiced.

half-life 2

Back