Why do you think some people hate Nintendo?

> People say Nintendo's games have no blood at all

If you play Kirby's Dreamland 3 and fight the final boss, the final boss will shoot blood at you.

Same with SSBB when Master hand is found in adventure, he gets injured and he is bloody in a way.

I play Call of Duty with my friend but I just hate it, he always wants to go to Nuketown and I am like boring. I don't know how to control and I get bored of it after 3 games. I can play a Mario game for like 5 hours none stop.

Thrackerzod said:
Plunderbird said:
10. No new F-Zero games in, like, 8 fucking years what is wrong with this company. Now, I don't ask for a whole lot from this company but this is getting a tad ridiculous.

11. They've been handling franchise anniversaries pretty badly. Unless you're a Zelda fan, that is. I mean, a re-release of All-Stars with an artbook and a CD where half of the track listing is just sound effects for Mario? Lame. And don't get me started on Metroid. They're doing alright with Kirby's, though.
Couldn't f-Zero go under mishandling first party franchises, also Metroids anniversary falls on the same year as Zelda/Kirby's which really hurts it

Sunscreen said:
Because they have never played Nintendo games.
Because it's impossible for people to dislike Nintendo games after playing them

Baby Luigi said:
^Expected^
If I have something to say, I'll say it. Is there a problem with that?

I will, however, say that the best thing Nintendo has done in the last few years (alongside Smartphones) is blow the door wide open for the gaming medium to become easily accessible to all walks of life. Gaming is no longer just this silly thing social outcasts indulge in to escape society and reality; it's something that everyone, of any background, can enjoy. It's the sort of wider societal acceptance that the medium so desperately needed.

Mind, I still think Nintendo's more party-oriented games are nonfunctional shovelware shit, but at least they've paved the way for better developers to make decent - god I hate this term - "casual" games.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
^Expected^
If I have something to say, I'll say it. Is there a problem with that?

No, I was just expecting you, especially after seeing the remarks on this thread. That's all.

YoshiGo99 said:
Same with SSBB when Master hand is found in adventure, he gets injured and he is bloody in a way.

I play Call of Duty with my friend but I just hate it, he always wants to go to Nuketown and I am like boring. I don't know how to control and I get bored of it after 3 games. I can play a Mario game for like 5 hours none stop.

Oh that nuketown, it is so boring and my friend did that too and halo is better than cod

nuketowns the best

halo is dead unless 4 redeems itself

but then again cod is dead too

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare still had the best story campaign in the entire series.

Ok, this might be a bit far-fetched, but maybe it's because the gamers who played n64 and stuff have gotten older. Its like the whole 'nostalgia goggles' thing. When you were a child, you thought these games were amazing, and you didn't play other games because they were too mature for you at the time. Now, people have moved on, and they look at the new nintendo games though a new layer of cynical attitude. I mean, why else do people somehow not like NSMB or something despite it being almost the exact same style of gameplay as other 2d mario games?

But, remember, there ARE people who love Nintendo games. They're called little kids. And before you say "Oh, that's so stupid it proves nintendo is only for little kids,", you probably were a little kid when you played those games. So yeah.

...although even I have to admit Nintendo does some stupid stuff sometimes. But I don't mind the idea of the Wii. It was just poorly implemented by everyone else.

Purple Yoshi said:
I mean, why else do people somehow not like NSMB or something despite it being almost the exact same style of gameplay as other 2d mario games?
Oooorrr, we don't want to be stuck buying and playing the same fucking game over and over again.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Purple Yoshi said:
I mean, why else do people somehow not like NSMB or something despite it being almost the exact same style of gameplay as other 2d mario games?
Oooorrr, we don't want to be stuck buying and playing the same *bleep*ing game over and over again.

But does that make you not enjoy playing it? Just because it's similar to the other games in the series?

I dunno, it'd seem like people wouldn't like many games if they dismissed one for being too similar to the previous installment.

Oh certainly, I hate a tonne of games for being pointless rehashes of their predecessor, with some notable exceptions. Because I not only get extremely bored if I'm stuck playing the same thing over and over again, but I feel cheated since games are not cheap, and it implies the developers just didn't give a shit.

There should be a constant drive to innovate in the gaming medium, and no one should feel content and just wallow in past successes because that's guaranteed to turn over a safe profit. I've heard so many people here berate the Call of Duty and Halo series for being extremely same-y cash cows, yet in the same breath compliment Mario for being the same thing.

Nintendo is pretty much taking the same formula from SMB3 and adds a bunch of gimmicks to make look "new" which is probably why that people are complimenting it

Alright, this is why they're probably being hated a lot.

They rely to much on one franchise and all the others are just being simply forgotten. Take Earthbound, Fire Emblem or F-Zero. They're good game but Nintendo is not giving enough spot light on them and they refuse to do so. If they mix it up once in a while and revive old franchises (and put them in the spotlight for once) or heck, maybe add new ones, then they could finally rack up some new fans.

Koopa Kid said:

They rely to much on one franchise and all the others are just being simply forgotten. Take Earthbound, Fire Emblem or F-Zero. They're good game but Nintendo is not giving enough spot light on them and they refuse to do so. If they mix it up once in a while and revive old franchises (and put them in the spotlight for once) or heck, maybe add new ones, then they could finally rack up some new fans.
Fire Emblems is still around...the problem with the other franchises is that they aren't as popular and don't make as much money making it a more of a risk to make games for that franchise.

Koopa Kid said:

Wait, how come Mother 3 was never released in America?

Majin Buu said:
Koopa Kid said:

Wait, how come Mother 3 was never released in America?
Because Earthbound wasn't popular enough

Sora said:
I want Mother 4 for 3DS for Wii U and I just played Mother 1 today for NES and it is addicting
You mean you played it on the Family Computer

Back