Why do you think some people hate Nintendo?

Majin Buu said:
I think Earthbound is like Pokemon, they want to stay firm in pixels
Yeah Earthbound is just like Pokemon minus the sales and mainstream recognition

Plunderbird said:
Sora said:
I want Mother 4 for 3DS for Wii U and I just played Mother 1 today for NES and it is addicting
You mean you played it on the Family Computer

Sort of, it is a fan translation game on emulator and it is called EarthBound Zero

Sora said:
Plunderbird said:
Sora said:
I want Mother 4 for 3DS for Wii U and I just played Mother 1 today for NES and it is addicting
You mean you played it on the Family Computer

Sort of, it is a fan translation game on emulator and it is called EarthBound Zero
Lame real men but pirated versions

Real American EarthBound NES cost 10,000 dollars because only 5 of them exist and Nintendo have 1 of them

Plunderbird said:
Majin Buu said:
Blame NOA

Majin Buu said:
Plunderbird said:
Majin Buu said:
Blame NOA
Blame the sales of Earthbound, the real problem is that Earthbound is significantly less popular then people think it is, it's a humorous RPG (from what I've heard) with a cult following which hurts it because RPGs themselves are a niche market.

You people keep blaming about Mother 3 not being released in America, while the entire series doesn't even exist in Europe at all.
The only games we can enjoy a bit of the Mother series, are Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

MKGirlism said:
You people keep blaming about Mother 3 not being released in America, while the entire series doesn't even exist in Europe at all.
The only games we can enjoy a bit of the Mother series, are Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
What about the first Smash Bros.

Plunderbird said:
RPGs themselves are a niche market.
Only Japanese RPGs, and for good reason; almost every game classed a 'JRPG' is utter shit. It's a shame the MOTHER series gets lumped in with that riffraff, since it's a genuinely clever, interesting series.

Meanwhile, Western RPGs remain as popular as ever with mainstream audiences. Probably because they're usually much better.

I think Mother series is better than Pokemon because I spent 8 hours staight playing Mother for NES

Yeah, I mean, the reason Mother 3 isn't out in America is because it wouldn't sell well. End of story.

Lucas may be in Smash Bros, but RPGs in general don't sell well among younger audiences unless it's Pokemon. And the success of Pokemon was pretty much just because of the anime and some clever marketing.

Purple Yoshi said:
Yeah, I mean, the reason Mother 3 isn't out in America is because it wouldn't sell well. End of story.

Lucas may be in Smash Bros, but RPGs in general don't sell well among younger audiences unless it's Pokemon. And the success of Pokemon was pretty much just because of the anime and some clever marketing.
That's not right at all Pokemon was a huge hit in Japan before the anime even started

I haven't played the first Smash Bros. as much, so I've forgot, Magikrazy.

I did play SSB, but not as much as SSBM or SSBB.
SSB was enjoyable for a while, but it's way to linear to me.

the first smash bros. is pretty friggin' awesome. I certainly enjoyed the gameplay as much as brawl

Plunderbird said:
Purple Yoshi said:

That's not right at all Pokemon was a huge hit in Japan before the anime even started

Yeah, in Japan. I doubt it'd be as successful in America if it wasn't for the anime.

Purple Yoshi said:
Plunderbird said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Yeah, in Japan. I doubt it'd be as successful in America if it wasn't for the anime.
You didn't specify in Japan originally so I still win

I think it's:

1) Over-reliance on gimmicks. The Wii's graphical power is the worst out of all consoles of this generation, and the online play isn't done very well, but apparently having motion control makes up for that. Instead of focusing on fine-tuning their consoles, Nintendo's busy putting gimmicks in everything. (Motion controls, touch screens, 3d) Gimmicks pull in huge sales at first, but then

2) Their big-franchise games are repetitive. For example, main series Mario and Pokemon games. They're practically the same elements over and over, only with different characters/items/levels. After a while, it gets boring and overdone.

3) Third-party games on Nintendo consoles aren't too high-quality. From what I've seen, when games are multiplatform, the Nintendo versions usually aren't that good.

This is a minor thing but I hate the Nintendo Selects concept I mean Nintendo selects sounds dumb and the line up sucks I mean come on Mario Power Tennis is on there but fucking Brawl isn't, I mean seriously Player's Choice was a far superior concept (having games sell one million copies first) and a better name. So I think they should bring back Player's Choice and add a new thing called Critics choice which would be given to games that average either an 85% or 90% on either GameRankings or Metacritic/won a major award from a respectable publication/video game website

Paper Jorge said:
^ i think youre getting your jimmies rustled over something minor & irrelevant
But everybody has already taken the important things (including myself) therefore I have no choice but to get made over something minor

Back