Smash Poll 2012 (US and other non-Japan people can participate)

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!

http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/

List your top picks for the next Super Smash Bros.! Here's what they said:

Now that Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai have officially started development on the next Super Smash Bros., a poll to find out what characters gamers would most like to see in the next two installments of the franchise is probably on its way. After all, this was the case for both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl early in their development. The problem, however, is that these polls have only ever been available to Japanese Smash fans. We are going to change that.

While we’ve hosted “Smash Polls” in the past, we actually have an opportunity to do something with our answers. So, we’re starting fresh! Over the course of the next two months, we will be polling you, our loyal readers, to find out what characters you’d like to see as playable fighters in the 3DS and Wii U version of the next Smash Bros. The final result will be presented straight to the director of the upcoming games himself: Masahiro Sakurai.

For our first poll, we’ve taken 32 of some of the most requested first-party characters, one per franchise, and have thrown them against each other. You can vote for 16 characters on the poll so make your votes count! Also, if you don’t see your favorite character listed in our poll, don’t worry! We’re taking write-in votes in the comments! However, keep in mind that these quarterfinals are the only time we are accepting write-ins. After the quarterfinals are through, write-ins will no longer be accepted so vote early and vote often! The top 12 characters in this poll (along with the top 4 most requested write-in characters) will go on to compete against each other in our semifinals later this month.

And, as a last note for write-in characters, we are sticking to the two rules that Sakurai has set for his previous polls: The character must have originated from a video game and appeared on a Nintendo console. So, what are you waiting for! Get voting! Voting in our quarterfinals ends Sunday, July 15th at midnight.

PS: For those of you want to follow the daily results of the poll, follow @Rogersbase on Twitter. I’ll be tweeting out updates on who’s in the lead in each night.

WHAT CHARACTERS DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE NEXT SMASH BROS. FOR WII U AND 3DS?

Here were my choices:

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Ridley (Metroid)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jō)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Meowth (Pokémon)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Mario, plays like Zelda/Sheik)
Magnus (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
Chrom/Krom (Fire Emblem: Kakusei)
Kamek (Yoshi)
Jeff Andonuts (EarthBound)

I would include Mega Man and Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, but they said first party characters. Not sure if they meant exclusively, but then again, I don't want to see people flooding the comments section with tons of non-Nintendo characters, most of whom are Sonic-related. :rolleyes:

Also, Rayman would be cool. Also, Lloyd Irving, since Namco-Bandai's working on this game.

So wait is the poll comments only right now? Because I don't see any voting thing getting linked or anything

Yeah, you have to post your votes in the comments... I tried doing that buy a 404 error kept coming up. Same whenever I tried to reach the contacts section. Weird. :(

Here are my votes:
Ashley
Captain Rainbow
King K. Rool
Little Mac
N
Ridley
Walugi

Write-ins

Gardevoir (Pokemon) – it can be part of a trainer
Toad (Mario)
Rosalina (Mario)
Shadow (Sonic)
Knuckles (Sonic)
Mii (Wii/3DS)
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Mario) – Like Zelda and Sheik
Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Mei (Pokemon B2/W2)

My votes:
Ghirham
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Prince Fluff
Ridley (with this he's sure to get in)

(write ins)
-Mega Man
-Tails
-Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
-Waddle Dee

On the actual poll, though, which I don't think is a good list of choices, BTW I voted for:

Ashley (WarioWare)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight, I'd actually like to see the Game & Watch version, myself)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow, How could I forget this guy?!)
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Flint (Mother 3)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Krom (Fire Emblem)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Ridley (Metroid)
Shulk (Xenoblade, this guy's really popular, for good reason)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Takamaru (Mysterious Castle)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Waluigi (Mario Bros.)

That poll should be revised.

Seconded. Some of them don't really belong there, like Flint, Krom, Tom Nook, Takamaru, and Mike Jones. I'm fine with Balloon Fighter though.

But there's one thing about Tom Nook that confuses me: Sakurai once said "On one hand, they have an innocent charm to them that could be ruined if they were in a fighting game".

Pyro said:
Seconded. Some of them don't really belong there, like Flint, Krom, Tom Nook, Takamaru, and Mike Jones. I'm fine with Balloon Fighter though.
Tom Nook, yes. Flint, Krom, Takamaru, and Mike Jones? Hell no! I always did like Flint from Mother 3, he's a very unique character; Krom is the newest Fire Emblem protagonist, like Ike was; Mike Jones is from StarTropics, which is a criminally underrated NES game; and Takamaru is one of my top picks for newcomers, and with his inclusion in Samurai Warriors 3 and NintendoLand, I'd say Nintendo has plays for him!

Nice to see a fellow Balloon Fighter fan, though.

Why you guys hating on Mother 3 characters in there?

Anways, I didn't vote, but if I did, it would be for Duster, Jeff, Waluigi, and the President.

Smashgoom202 said:
Nice to see a fellow Balloon Fighter fan, though.
I never said I was a fan of Balloon Fighter, I just won't really react if he gets in. Don't kill me for this - but if Geno ever gets in, I will RAGE. A LOT.

Super Buu said:
She's too minor. It's the same problem with Geno.

First of all... I DONT KNOW WHO IS GENO! I think I'll look it up today.. *looks on the mario wiki*

It seems he only had one big role. And the other one is a minigame... Rosalina has had about 4 appearances.. Geno is 2. And are you saying I can't vote for my favorite character?

Boidoh said:
Super Buu said:

First of all... I DONT KNOW WHO IS GENO! I think I'll look it up today.. *looks on the mario wiki*

It seems he only had one big role. And the other one is a minigame... Rosalina has had about 4 appearances.. Geno is 2. And are you saying I can't vote for my favorite character?

Two of which were spin-off racing games. And another was a cameo.

At least Baby Mario & Baby Luigi have made RECENT and PROMINENT appearences...

...well, at least Baby Mario, anyways.

Super Buu said:
Boidoh said:
Super Buu said:

Two of which were spin-off racing games. And another was a cameo.

My point is I can vote for whatever I want to..

Well, Boidoh has a point there. I mean, I'm sure near-zero people want the babies in. But god would I love legitimately playing as them.

My Votes:
Ashley
Balloon Fighter
Ghirahim
King K. Rool
Little Mac
N
Palutena
Ridley
Waluigi (even though I thought he wouldn't be a great choice.)

Smash Poll 2012 Semfinals are here, and they choices 13 of the previous poll's contestants and 5 write-in characters instead of just 12 and 4, respectively... Not that it means the poll is an improvement:

http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-semifinals/

Oh, and for N haters, guess what other Pokemon rep somehow made it to the semi-finals? Dunsparce. FUCKING, DUNSPARCE!!!! That has got to be the DUMBEST choices for a playable character! I mean, sure, the moveset would be unique, but who on EARTH would ever ask for IT?!

As for who I voted for, I said:

Flint
Geno
Isaac
Krom
Little Mac
Mega Man
Ridley
Shulk

It sucks that most of my favorite choices didn't make it. >:I

Back