Smash Poll 2012 (US and other non-Japan people can participate)

I voted for:

Flint
Geno
Little Mac
Mega Man
Ridley
Skull Kid

and I think some others, but I don't remember.

Right now, the dominators of the poll are Shulk, Waluigi, Dunsparce, and Ridley.

And according to the comments, Reggie Fils-Aime supports Dunsparce being in.

I voted for:

Ghirahim
King K. Rool
Megaman
Palutena
Ridley
Skull Kid
Tom Nook
Waluigi

I don't see why people want Geno so much.

He was in 1 game. Seriously. Give it a break.

I don't see people cheering for characters like Vivian or anything in the game. I don't see why Geno is so special.

New Super Mario said:
I don't see why people want Geno so much.

He was in 1 game. Seriously. Give it a break.

I don't see people cheering for characters like Vivian or anything in the game. I don't see why Geno is so special.

I didn't even know who he was before yesterday.
Either way it their opinion and im sure Sakurai will reject him :D
Geno. *bleep*ING, GENO!!!! That has got to be the DUMBEST choices for a playable character! I mean, sure, the moveset would be unique, but who on EARTH would ever ask for IT?!

Dunsparce
Flint
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Megaman
N
Ridley
Skull Kid
Waluigi

Holy fuck, if Dunsparce was in this game that would be amazing.

Yasuhiro Hagakure said:
Holy *bleep*, if Dunsparce was in this game that would be amazing.

It would be an interesting character to play as, I guess...

I only voted for Mega Man and Ridley.

Fuck Geno and N.

and dunsparce is dominating the poll. why.

Boidoh said:
Geno. *bleep*ING, GENO!!!! That has got to be the DUMBEST choices for a playable character! I mean, sure, the moveset would be unique, but who on EARTH would ever ask for IT?!
...I see what you did there.

But seriously, while meaning no offense to actual Dunsparce fans, let's be realistic here. Since WHEN has Dunsparce ever actually been popular with the Pokemon fandom? At least with Geno, he's a popular choice among Super Mario RPG fans since, honestly, he DOES have a cool moveset, and he's a powerful character in that game. Dunsparce... I don't play competitively, but is he even a powerful Pokemon. Really, I just see Dunsparce's popularity here as just a bunch of idiots who are going all "Chuck Norris" saying how Dunsparce is awesome, when we all know he's clearly not awesome (that's the joke after all), but that's just IT. It's a JOKE! And you can't take a joke seriously. ESPECIALLY Masahiro Sakurai, who, keep in mind, THIS POLL'S RESULTS WERE GOING TO GO TO! Do you REALLY think he'll take the rest of this poll into consideration with Dunsparce at or near the top? Be honest, be BRUTALLY honest.

Also, yes, I'm also brutally honest with myself about Geno. He's only been in 2 games (the second one was a brief cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga), but his popularity and following it's just amazing, not to mention, Geno IS a major character in the game he's in, and does have a plausible moveset. I've seen it back during the Super Smash Bros. Brawl phase, so I KNOW this hype for Geno, while he can be overrated, is real, and at least has SOME chance to it, whereas this sudden Dunsparce popularity just came out of nowhere and makes no sense at all.

Ok, so right now:

Dunsparce
Waluigi
Shulk
N
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
King K. Rool
Professor Layton
Travis Touchdown
Geno
Isaac
Megaman
Tom Nook
Little Mac
Skull Kid
Flint
Krom

I'm thinking everyone from Dunsparce to Layton will advance.

I feel like they're kind of rushing this. How long was the quarterfinals? Like one day? Couldn't they have had at least one week for each round? If there's concern that by the time the winner is crowned it will be too late to request characters. SSB4 just recently started development. And at best it's probably 5-10% the way done. Plenty enough time to leave room for the characters that fans want.

I'm starting to feel that this won't have an effect on SSB4 at all because of how fast it's going. To Nintendo this might just be fans rushing themselves to pick one or a few characters and then demanding it in their faces. More time with each round would also give it more credibility with the larger amount of votes. Surely there's plenty of people that didn't get a chance to vote in the quarterfinals before that ended.

Magikrazy said:
And according to the comments, Reggie Fils-Aime supports Dunsparce being in.

Judging by the quality of the post, its clearly just some dumbass who typed Reggie's name in the name box.

</captainobvious>

My amazing voting skills have decided

Flint
Geno
Isaac
King K. Rool
Megaman
Ridley
Skull Kid
and Travis Touchdown

okay i'm done using proper grammar now

Dunsparce is winning!?
Even if Dunsparce wins the poll, I don't think Sakurai would actually put it in the game as a playable character. But if it does make it, I would be very suprised.

Northern Verve said:
I feel like they're kind of rushing this. How long was the quarterfinals? Like one day? Couldn't they have had at least one week for each round? If there's concern that by the time the winner is crowned it will be too late to request characters. SSB4 just recently started development. And at best it's probably 5-10% the way done. Plenty enough time to leave room for the characters that fans want.

I'm starting to feel that this won't have an effect on SSB4 at all because of how fast it's going. To Nintendo this might just be fans rushing themselves to pick one or a few characters and then demanding it in their faces. More time with each round would also give it more credibility with the larger amount of votes. Surely there's plenty of people that didn't get a chance to vote in the quarterfinals before that ended.
Actually, Bandai and Sora have already completed a working prototype. See SmashWiki.

Northern Verve said:
SSB4 just recently started development.
And therefore, there's no better time to send suggestions while still in the early stages of development.

Back