Music that deserves to be reused.

Peach's Castle Theme was remixed in Super Sluggers in Peach's Ice Garden.

Snifit said:

Don't forget Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario Tennis Open. It was remixed there too.

Baby Luigi said:
Snifit said:

Don't forget Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario Tennis Open. It was remixed there too.

And Superstar Saga.

Sad Song (Super Mario RPG)
Castle Theme (Super Mario World)
M&L: PiT (Final Boss)
M&L: BiS (Final Boss)
PM (Wish of the Princess)
SPM (Champion of Destruction)
SPM (Dimentio's Theme)
SPM (Super Dimentio's Theme/The Ultimate Show)

But, you have to remember, much like the creativity of a video game, you don't want them to lose their uniqueness. The reason many of those themes are amazing is because you hear it very rarely. To compare, picture seeing a Solar Eclipse every day. Wouldn't it begin to be less amazing and more "meh"? As much as I love the music above that I listed, I do like how they are unique and used only once.

BMB said:
But, you have to remember, much like the creativity of a video game, you don't want them to lose their uniqueness. The reason many of those themes are amazing is because you hear it very rarely. To compare, picture seeing a Solar Eclipse every day. Wouldn't it begin to be less amazing and more "meh"? As much as I love the music above that I listed, I do like how they are unique and used only once.

Or you can reuse them in a totally random area like the MLPiT Final Boss theme into Coconut Mall

Baby Luigi said:
I know that, but seeing that the games seem to take almost everything from the past, a new overworld theme song for each game would suffice.
The way I saw it, since the games are taking from the past, the original theme would be another such amenity.

Yes. I like all World music from Super Mario Galaxy 2, but World 1/2 is my favorite.

I would like to hear a remix of the Thwomp Volcano music in a game some day.

Any Diddy Kong Racing music deserves to be reused.

Mario Tennis music should be reused. Maybe the Menu Screen.

I'd totally love to hear Super Mario World's boss music in a new Mario game. I'm tired of hearing the overrated (in my opinion) Super Mario Bros. 3's boss music already.

And it looks like NSMB2 granted my wish. :D

Back