Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
The film studio Legendary Pictures, who created the Batman trilogy, 300, Watchman, and the upcoming Superman reboot is creating a currently untitled Godzilla reboot. It was originally stared to be released in 2012, but it has been pushed back to either 2013 or 2014. Gareth Edwards, the director of the 2010 movie Monsters, will be directing. David Goyer, who helped with the story of The Dark Knight wrote the outline for the story and Max Borenstein is adapting his story into a full script. The producers are Brian Rodgers, Roy Lee, and Yoshimitsu Banno. Godzilla will be fighting at least one monster in this film. It is unknown is it will be a classic Toho monster or an original monster created by Legendary. Toho has stated that they would like if Godzilla was done by suitimation instead of CGI. So we could either get a rubber suit, or a CGI Godzilla. Personally, I want Godzilla to be a suit in this movie and CGI. They could use CGI for underwater scenes. There will be more info about this at the San Diego Comic-con. This film will be more faithful to Godzilla than the horrible 1998 film with Matthew Broderick. This film will actually have Godzilla atomic breath. No cast has been announced yet.

So, thoughts? Here's some concept art.

godzilla2012.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but more news has been announced. First, there's a poster.

godzilla_legendary_poster.jpg

Second. There was brief test reel. It was footage of a ruined city, with this famous quote playing over it. Then a shot of Godzilla.

HOLY SHIT! This time, it's the real deal We're getting Godzilla. In the trailer, we see mass destruction, dead people, and a giant worm like monster that's burnt to death. Then, we see the famous Godzilla roar, and then the king of the monsters. This is gonna be great. It's been confirmed that Godzilla will be CGI and will be fighting multiple monsters. It will also take a very serious and realistic approach.

Here's an image from the trailer.
godzilla.jpg

Legendary, please release the trailer online.

We already know one of his enemies is a giant centipede. While I really want Ghidorah, I can't see it happening. I imagine Ghidorah's license is very expensive. I'm expecting new, original monsters.

Apparently filming is supposed to start in Vancouver in March. Casting is supposed to be in a little over a month. They have the the writer from Iron Man 3 to do a slight script rewrite. There trying to have older characters and not young people like in Transformers.

Morgan Freeman in this pleeeeeease!

Your hot link to the poster on Toho Kingdom is broken.

I hope that this is actually made well. Unlike some Godzilla movies that I've seen. *cough* Godzilla vs. Megalon *cough*

Dr. Turnip said:
Your hot link to the poster on Toho Kingdom is broken.

I hope that this is actually made well. Unlike some Godzilla movies that I've seen. *cough* Godzilla vs. Megalon *cough*
Fun fact. That movie was filmed in a little less than three weeks.

MEULIN WANTS THE LIFE said:
really hope this is good
also megalon was made during the olden godzilla is a super hero days cut it some slack baby

But Jet Jaguar could have been awesome. He wasn't.

Also, the director says he wants a very realistic film. No Mechagodzilla. :'( Also. legendary pictures has a panel at New York comic-con. Toho Kingdom forum has people there checking for news.

From what I've heard, this film will be the Batman Begins of the Godzilla series. It will be reboot and is dark and edgy.

Michael Myers said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
mothra must appear or ill be ticked
Oh god no. I'd much rather see Anguirus, Biollante, and Ghidorah.
i wouldn't count on biollante, but aguirus and ghidorah maybe. fun fact: ghidorah was planned for very early cuts of the original godzilla movie, but never made it in.

MEULIN WANTS THE LIFE said:
Michael Myers said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
mothra must appear or ill be ticked
Oh god no. I'd much rather see Anguirus, Biollante, and Ghidorah.
i wouldn't count on biollante, but aguirus and ghidorah maybe. fun fact: ghidorah was planned for very early cuts of the original godzilla movie, but never made it in.
But Biollante's cool. :'( My problem with Mothra is that this is trying to be dark and realistic movie. Not only is Mothra very fantasy like, she also wouldn't help the serious aspect.

so this is slightly unrelated, but I watched the 1998 version of Godzilla, and I gotta say it was pretty cool. It was sad, cause he never meant to hurt anyone. :'(

You liked Godzilla 98? Get out. Nah I'm kidding. If you want a real Godzilla film that's good, I recommend the original, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, or Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. The 98 film is everything this movie shouldn't be. The Godzilla in this film needs to have his atomic ray, look like the original, and be extremely durable and lumbering. The 98 film failed in all these aspects. Also, Godzilla should NOT lay eggs.

Back