Legendary Pictures' Godzilla

What did you think of the movie?

• Total voters
Well, if I liked the terrible one, I'm sure as hell gonna love the good one.

According to IMDb and the Toho Kingdom forums, actor Aaron Shang (never heard of him), will appear as a character named Carl Takahashi. Not sure if this is legitimite, though this is the time for casting. Script is done and filing begins March 2013.

NEWS UPDATE:

Filming starts March 14th in Vancouver and Hawaii. Legendary is eyeing Henry Cavill (Man of Steel), Scott McNairy, and Caleb Landrey Jones for the film Joseph Gordon levitt was offered a role, but he decided not to be in the film. The story will follow a soldier, feature two monsters for Godzilla to fight, and will be "very different" from the Japanese films.

MEULIN WANTS THE LIFE said:
Michael Myers said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
mothra must appear or ill be ticked
Oh god no. I'd much rather see Anguirus, Biollante, and Ghidorah.
i wouldn't count on biollante, but aguirus and ghidorah maybe. fun fact: ghidorah was planned for very early cuts of the original godzilla movie, but never made it in.

Do you mean the early American movie? (Godzilla 1994)

MeltdownKP1 said:
MEULIN WANTS THE LIFE said:
Michael Myers said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
mothra must appear or ill be ticked
Oh god no. I'd much rather see Anguirus, Biollante, and Ghidorah.
i wouldn't count on biollante, but aguirus and ghidorah maybe. fun fact: ghidorah was planned for very early cuts of the original godzilla movie, but never made it in.

Do you mean the early American movie? (Godzilla 1994)
I'm surprised there's someone who even knows what that was.

GalacticPetey said:
You liked Godzilla 98? Get out. Nah I'm kidding. If you want a real Godzilla film that's good, I recommend the original, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah the three headed monster , Invasion of the Astro Monster, Godzilla VS Biollante, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, or Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. The 98 film is everything this movie shouldn't be. The Godzilla in this film needs to have his atomic ray, look like the original, and be extremely durable and lumbering. The 98 film failed in all these aspects. Also, Godzilla should NOT lay eggs.

Fixed with more movies.

GalacticPetey said:
According to IMDb and the Toho Kingdom forums, actor Aaron Shang (never heard of him), will appear as a character named Carl Takahashi. Not sure if this is legitimite, though this is the time for casting. Script is done and filing begins March 2013.

I knew someone else comes to TK forums.

MeltdownKP1 said:
GalacticPetey said:

Are you MeltdownKoopa?

GalacticPetey said:
MeltdownKP1 said:
GalacticPetey said:

Are you MeltdownKoopa?
Yah. Who are you?
?

I liked the '98 movie with Matthew Broderick as well and I prefer that movie's design of Godzilla over the original one because it looks more menacing and aerodynamic.

Anser said:
I liked the '98 movie with Matthew Broderick as well and I prefer that movie's design of Godzilla over the original one because it looks more menacing and aerodynamic.
Menacing? HA! Thats hilarious! An iguana shot down by 12 missiles, menacing?! You need to watch the original Japanese Godzilla. XD

Elizabeth Olsen confirmed!

http://lizzie-olsen.com/video/lizzie-comfirms-role-in-godzilla/

I hope so too. At G-Fest I attended a panel run by a guy who lives where the movie was filming and was able to be an extra. From the small amount of things he knows (some of which was not able to be told due to legal reasons), it sounds promising. Pacific Rim also gives me hope that the Kaiju eiga can make a comeback.

I must say though, there are some dumbasses over at IGN who think the poster means that Godzilla is going to be made of building rubble.
3a9.png

oh man, big fan here of Godzilla so i'm gonna see it. also if I manage to get to Comic-Con because i'm in a contest to win tickets i'll tell you what I see

I don't think we're going to see any of the other Toho kaiju. Maybe in sequels. Even if the Toho kaiju appear in the future, it would be the more well known ones like Rodan, Anguirus, or Ghidorah. I would love to see Biollante again, but it most likely won't happen.

Back