Mario Kart 7, the future of Mario Kart?

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
I wonder, will the next Mario kart game, or the whole series for that matter, be like MK7? With the kart parts, coins, and gliders? If so, is that a good thing? Personally, I wouldn't mind. But, I wish they would remove the 10 coin limit per track.

I can't imagine the series without customization now. Anyway, I'm fine with extending the coin limit only if the first ten affect speed.

New Super Mario said:
I rather keep it at a coin limit of ten. But yeah, I want Gliders to be back. It'd be great on the Wii U
Per all of that. If it stayed over the limit, everyone would of had more than ten coins at the end.

New Super Mario said:
NSY said:
New Super Mario said:
I rather keep it at a coin limit of ten. But yeah, I want Gliders to be back. It'd be great on the Wii U
Per all of that. If it stayed over the limit, everyone would of had more than ten coins at the end.
Plus, it would be unbalanced.

I disagree. The coin limit is one reason the method of unlocking things is as menial as unlocking can be.

I would put a SPEED coin limit at 10, but let players collect as much as they want. It's like Diddy Kong Racing.

I don't think so judging from past gimmicks.

Double Dash had two people in a Kart
that was replaced by...
Mission Mode in DS
that was replaced by...
bikes and tricks in Wii
that was replaced by...
gliding, kart customization, and underwater racing in 7.

Players should be able to hold up to 100 coins per race, but only the first 10 will affect your kart's speed.

I hope it's not the future for Mario Kart. If it is, then we are seriously screwed. I mean, lack of Vs mode? Who would want that? The lack of Waluigi and other major characters over common enemies and minor characters (Queen Bee) is dumb.

The customization is nice, yeah, but how can people even support a 10 coin limit. Christ, I swear, it gets so tedious and a lot of the time, you don't even end up with the max 40 coins you can earn by doing a Grand Prix. That's part of the reason why Ie eventually gave up on trying to unlock those (I'm not a fan of most online multiplayer games).

Yup, hopefully Mario Kart 7's kart customization, gliders, and underwater driving stays.
But they should bring VS. mode back...

Back