Am I the only one who thinks Majora's Mask is REALLY hard!

No. The only items you ever lose are the ones that are consumable in a way, or can be given away. That means things like rupees (you can store them in the Clock Town bank in order to avoid that), arrows (you keep the bow), bombs (you keep the bomb bags), and the content of your bottles (you keep the bottles). If you have a trade item (things like the deeds, or the Moon Tear), those have to be gotten again, but that's usually no big deal.

Key Items, remains, swords, shields, masks, songs, maps, and everything else I forgot to list are kept forever.

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
No. The only items you ever lose are the ones that are consumable in a way, or can be given away. That means things like rupees (you can store them in the Clock Town bank in order to avoid that), arrows (you keep the bow), bombs (you keep the bomb bags), and the content of your bottles (you keep the bottles). If you have a trade item (things like the deeds, or the Moon Tear), those have to be gotten again, but that's usually no big deal.

Key Items, remains, swords, shields, masks, songs, maps, and everything else I forgot to list are kept forever.

but I do have still to redo bosses?

There is the option to redo bosses if you want to, but once you get their remains, the bosses are beaten as far as the game is concerned, and do not need to be defeated again unless you forgot to do something while an area was peaceful, and you have to make it peaceful once more. But even in that case, it's as simple as going into the first room of the dungeon and take the teleporter to the boss room.

Majora's Mask is definitely one of the harder 3D Zeldas. When I first got it I was pretty frustrated and annoyed at the quick save thingy (my crappy expansion pak kept making it freeze). But really now that I've gotten a hang of it, it's my favorite Zelda game. The 3-day cycle makes some of the side-quests more interesting, and there's lots to know about the characters in Clock Town, and other places too.

The key is to play the Song of Time after you learn a new song so that you can restart the time limit. You'll still know that song when you go back in time, so whatever you did to get that song, you won't have to do again. Sometimes it might also be a good idea to play the Song of Time after you get the dungeon item (which is always some type of arrows), in case you're running out of time.

Hmm... what else can I say...

Oh. I don't recommend playing this during thunder storms. You'll be real sorry when the power goes out. X_x

Fawfulfury65 said:
The key is to play the Song of Time after you learn a new song so that you can restart the time limit.

But please not right after learning the Oath to Order. That would be really silly. o_o

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
The key is to play the Song of Time after you learn a new song so that you can restart the time limit.

But please not right after learning the Oath to Order. That would be really silly. o_o
why?

Because

you learn this song right after defeating the first dungeon boss, and if you play the Song of Time immediately after that, you will miss all the stuff you can do while the swamp is peaceful and you'll have to bother with defeating Odolwa again if you want to get it. It's a huge waste of time.

I neve played it. I would like to but that time mechanic Really puts me off. I don't like being under pressure. Even if it's possible to change it to go back, I'd still always be worried about the timer.

Majora's Mask was one of only two Zelda games I could truly 100%, the other being Twilight Princess. That damn arrow minigame in the Swamp is a huge pain in my ass.

Crackin355 said:
I don't like being under pressure. Even if it's possible to change it to go back, I'd still always be worried about the timer.
That's kind of the point of the game. It's supposed to have a sense of urgency. However, the inverted song of time does help.

General bob-omb said:
Crackin355 said:
I don't like being under pressure. Even if it's possible to change it to go back, I'd still always be worried about the timer.
That's kind of the point of the game. It's supposed to have a sense of urgency. However, the inverted song of time does help.

Don't like being under pressure.
Point of game is being under pressure.

Fuck that shit.

Sayaka Maizono said:
Majora's Mask was one of only two Zelda games I could truly 100%, the other being Twilight Princess. That damn arrow minigame in the Swamp is a huge pain in my ass.
I found following the butler more annoying.

always stuck that way in the stairs.

Yoko Littner said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
I found following the butler more annoying.

always stuck that way in the stairs.
The butler was no where near as annoying as the Deku Flower minigame in Clock Town.

Back